Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know if it's so modern. Different cultures have had different concepts of gender throughout history, including a group in the Dominican Republic where some of the little girls suddenly become boys at puberty. The extraordinary case of the Guevedoces

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

My original post was,

It's hard to believe there are born again Christians who are Democrats. But I suppose there are some. I can see where a non believer or a Christian in name only could subscribe to the garbage Democrats generally believe in. But not a true Christian. That's my opinion anyway.
To which your smart a** reply was,
Right! True Christians should always be against healing the sick, feeding the hungry, helping the poor and similar "garbage that democrats generally believe in".
To which I said,

I don't remember naming any of those things - most of which Republicans are for as well as Democrats.
To which you said,
parousia70 said:
"That's a switch from your previous assertion."
To which I said,

Not at all. Read my post carefully please.
To which you said,
Oh I did.
Perhaps you can clarify for us.
My OP said nothing like what your first smart a** post charged.

Most of the charges in your following posts, as in the original, have been red herrings meant to obscure the fact that the Democratic part generally supports abortion and sexual positions which go against the admonition of the scriptures while the Republican party generally goes in the opposite, and more scriptural, direction.

Duplicity such as what you are doing is tantamount to lying according to the Lord. I will no longer exchange posts with a supposed Christian who lies the way you have been doing..
:wave:

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not sure what "Gammon Buncombe" means.

But I do know this. The characterization of "dumb"is more appropriately directed at those who believe the patently distorted representation of the actual study that Breitbart has provided. Breitbart being the source of the headline in the OP.

Well, what does the patently accurate actual study say?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Right! True Christians should always be against healing the sick, feeding the hungry, helping the poor and similar "garbage that democrats generally believe in".

Sure,
Democrat's think all those things are great, as long as it is with someone else's money.

God Bless,
SBC

• Winner
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, what does the patently accurate actual study say?

God Bless,
SBC
Please look it up for yourself, as I did. The key point is that while the study said a lot of things, it did NOT say what is written in the OP.

Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But the Breitbart headline was not what the study was about. It misrepresented the topic of the study.
No kidding. How people don't see this beggars belief.

Of course, so did the election of the Tangerine Tornado.

• Agree
Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My original post was,

To which your smart a** reply was,

To which I said,

To which you said,
parousia70 said:
"That's a switch from your previous assertion."
To which I said,

To which you said,

My OP said nothing like what your first smart a** post charged.

Your first post claimed "True Christians can not be Democrats because of the "Garbage they Generally believe", to which I correctly cited, with humor, that Democrats generally believe in "healing the sick, feeding the hungry and helping the poor" all of which are true Christian Values.

That you Don't like the fact that Democrats generally believe in Christian Values like that is not my fault.

Most of the charges in your following posts, as in the original, have been red herrings meant to obscure the fact that the Democratic part generally supports abortion and sexual positions which go against the admonition of the scriptures while the Republican party generally goes in the opposite, and more scriptural, direction.

Republican Politicans are far more likely to be sexual deviants, child molesters, and gay hating closeted homosexuals themselves than are Democrats (Or Trans people for that matter).

How dare you you claim that is the "more scriptural direction".
Disgusting.

Rating the Greatest GOP Sex Scandals of the Past 20 Years

More Republican Politicians Than Trans People Have Been Arrested For Sex Acts in Bathrooms

STOP REPUBLICAN PEDOPHELIA

Duplicity such as what you are doing is tantamount to lying according to the Lord. I will no longer exchange posts with a supposed Christian who lies the way you have been doing..

You are welcome to take your ball in a huff and leave the sandbox if you must.
There is a great ignore feature on CF. I advise you to Use it.

If you reply to me again I will be forced to conclude you are the liar here.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think its down to partisanship on the part of Democrats so much that most Democrats just have a less ideologically driven approach to life, and are thus more willing to accept nontraditional identities. Republicans are increasingly becoming the party of ideology divorced from practical experience.

Note how more people who say in that survey, that they don't know any transgender people, are nontheless skeptical. That shows a tendency towards holding an opinion based on traditional ignorance and prejudice, not actual experience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,917.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

True Christians know that Jesus prefers military style assault weapons, low taxes and unfettered Capitalism to that mamby pamby "helping the poor" garbage.

This a Christian perspective that many Democrats will use to justify their voting. But in practice both parties have been completely ineffective combatting social immobility, providing an affordable, sustainable and comprehensive health care system. So maybe the moral blindness of Democrats on gay marriage, abortion, false religion and sex/gender identity carries the greater weight afterall.

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This a Christian perspective that many Democrats will use to justify their voting. But in practice both parties have been completely ineffective combatting social immobility, providing an affordable, sustainable and comprehensive health care system. So maybe the moral blindness of Democrats on gay marriage, abortion, false religion and sex/gender identity carries the greater weight afterall.
I think if you listen to people... I don't know who it was but someone said you can't die for lack of medical care (sure the ER will see you but they won't manage a chronic condition,) and another blamed everyone for their own health problems. I guess he doesn't have any kids born with serious health issues. Our wonderful Catholic Speaker of the House likes Ayn Rand, who was an atheist who didn't believe in helping anybody. Anyway. Convince your friends to be stronger on social justice and I will vote for them

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,917.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think its down to partisanship on the part of Democrats so much that most Democrats just have a less ideologically driven approach to life, and are thus more willing to accept nontraditional identities. Republicans are increasingly becoming the party of ideology divorced from practical experience.

Note how more people who say in that survey, that they don't know any transgender people, are nontheless skeptical. That shows a tendency towards holding an opinion based on traditional ignorance and prejudice, not actual experience.

To me it seems that the Democrat focus on personal identity freedom can be contrasted with 2 things here.

1) physical reality- nearly all people can be biologically defined male or female by chromosonal testing or a quick examination of their genitals. The modern ability to have hormonal treatments or surgery does not change the underlying genetic reality.

2) Authority based or cultural definitions of gender. Obviously Christian Republicans will draw on scripture and culture to affirm the view that God made us male or female.

The bible does actually have a third category in eunuchs. There are a whole class of people for whom marriage in its proper sense is not really an option.

The dangers of weighting freedom over physical, cultural and spiritual reality are clear in the epidemic of mental health issues, personal stress and an increasingly narcissistic and individualist culture that is breaking marriages, killing its children and justifying perversion in the name of love.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
And all that family breakup, narcissism, and depression is the fault of transgender people... how exactly?

The idea that genes equal destiny is ridiculous, much less the notion that they are some kind of template for how a person "should" be. By that logic, we would have no moral duty to treat genetic diseases.

The Bible doesn't give firm answers on questions about what to do with people who do not fit into their assigned gender... other than to love them. And that's good enough for me. I think certain conservatives have difficulty with this notion, they want everything to be easy, black and white, and are willing to scapegoat people that don't fit into their rigid categories. But that doesn't make them right in doing so. The heart of Jesus is for the marginalized, and I don't see how scapegoating fits in with that.

Upvote 0