United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I heated a dinner in the microwave which was contained in a styrofoam container. It began to smoke and I turned it off.There was no fire damage or any fire. I did not realize that this could happen. My wife was resting upstairs and smelled the smoke. I apologized and she later physically attacked me. She is threatening to leave. We are in the process of moving in the next week or two because of renovations. Please pray for reconciliation.

Elfkind

Jul 21, 2015
Bergen
✟19,493.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I heated a dinner in the microwave which was contained in a styrofoam container. It began to smoke and I turned it off.There was no fire damage or any fire. I did not realize that this could happen. My wife was resting upstairs and smelled the smoke. I apologized and she later physically attacked me. She is threatening to leave. We are in the process of moving in the next week or two because of renovations. Please pray for reconciliation.

You got a wife that's being violent? And she is the one threatening to leave? When mentioning this, why do you want reconciliation? Have she asked for forgiveness? Is it a "normal" thing to happen? Cause it's my opinion nobody should accept being abused. I'll rather pray that you'll get blessed in the things you do in life, and that The Holy Spirit to be given you. That's a prayer that is always answered.

Upvote 0

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟268,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
I pray that God watches over you and gives you the best possible resolution to this situation. I know this is the prayer wall and not the advice wall, but if your wife physically attacked you, you may need to leave for your own safety. Domestic violence is not okay, and you deserve better. We know that Jesus commanded against divorce, but I would argue that someone who abuses their spouse has betrayed their marriage vows already.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,699.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I will be really frank with you. I cannot pray for reconciliation. You’ve given more than one instance of serious physical abuse. Your wife seems to be exhibiting the characteristics of domestic abusers. They almost never ever get better. But they often get worse and become life-threatening.

I pray you will seek a good counselor about domestic abuse and keep good documentation on what is going on.

• Agree
Reactions: William J
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,699.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
P.S. I have been listening to a man who admits to having the characteristics of a domestic abuser. He says that if you put up with abuse then in the abuser’s minds
the victim is saying that they haven’t done anything wrong. And the abuse will escalate. It always does.

Upvote 0