Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If these men were legit, I gave enough money to get one guy to see his dying daughter in the hospital, and another enough to keep the lights on in his house, this protecting him from losing custody of his children.

If legit, I ask for prayers that the one man see his daughter in time, and the other may have a wonderful life with his children.

If they were not legit, I pray for their souls...

Thank you.

I've heard of far greater sinners being converted by great amounts of prayer. Please, for the good of those who may have wronged me, for the good of those who made me feel used & drained & chucked aside.....pray for them. Pray.

Last edited:

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If these men were legit, I gave enough money to get one guy to see his dying daughter in the hospital, and another enough to keep the lights on in his house, this protecting him from losing custody of his children.

If legit, I ask for prayers that the one man see his daughter in time, and the other may have a wonderful life with his children.

If they were not legit, I pray for their souls...

Thank you.

I've heard of far greater sinners being converted by great amounts of prayer. Please, for the good of those who may have wronged me, for the good of those who made me feel used & drained & chucked aside.....pray for them. Pray.
It is a hard lesson to learn for the reasons you stated. But you must learn from these mistakes and not fall for these tricks again. All you're doing is feeding their bad habits and encouraging them to do the same to others. You need to remember that almost every service neeed by any underprivileged person is available for free or at a nominal price from local, state, and federal governments or from the many charities operating nationwide. Learn to say "no" or nothing at all. It sounds cruel, but it's the right thing to do.

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟211.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It is a hard lesson to learn for the reasons you stated. But you must learn from these mistakes and not fall for these tricks again. All you're doing is feeding their bad habits and encouraging them to do the same to others. You need to remember that almost every service neeed by any underprivileged person is available for free or at a nominal price from local, state, and federal governments or from the many charities operating nationwide. Learn to say "no" or nothing at all. It sounds cruel, but it's the right thing to do.
It sounds cruel because if you're wrong it can be cruel. Matthew 5:39-42

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟211.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
OP I know why you gave to them, that even if they were scammers you trusted your Lord and thanked Him for the ability to give. Please don't be dissuaded by any comments, you have done the right thing in posting here for prayer as well. Obviously don't fall for clear scams but also don't be afraid when giving (2 Corinthians 9:6-7). God bless :heart:

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,476.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
My personal style is to give indirectly. Like sending a check for the light bill. Like paying for a bus ticket going to a certain destination.

Once I saw a man on the street corner, asking for money so that his baby could have some milk. I told him to wait there while I went to the grocery store and bought some milk for the baby. Not at all surprisingly, he wasn’t there when I got back.

I pray you will be granted, discernment, and be protected from scammers.

Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums