South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After reading a few posts on here I thought it would be a good idea for people to post detailed training programs and diets they have used with success. Whether fitness in all forms, running for marathons, athletics, rowing, boxing, training for martial arts etc or any weight training programs. Even the basic of programs for people from beginners up. One stop place for training programs for Christians. Hope this will help out many who have an interest in improving their health and fitness.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Major influences: Weston Price and the French palate and lifestyle.
Style: Epicurean/Gastronome
Philosophy: Quality ingredients and preparation equals less consumption.
Secret Sauce: Water. We have it delivered. It's my go-to beverage above all. I keep an insulated carafe beside my bed to stay hydrated. I don't have a lot of options beverage wise in the house. Save wine.

Features: Organic seasonal eating, no refined sugars, grains, oils, yeasts, or flours. No sugar substitutes or reduced fat/diet items. No soda. No canned vegetables. Pasteurized full fat grass-fed dairy (milk, butter, etc.). Grass-fed meat (farmer direct) consumed nose to tail. Sustainably caught fish and seafood. Produce and herbs (farmer direct) and dried herbs and spices from a spice merchant. No processed foods or items with growth hormones or MSG. No baked goods from the grocer or the shelves. Avoids preservatives whenever possible. No nitrates ever.

Note: I don't eat food out of season unless it's frozen or canned by me. I make my own condiments and pantry items when time permits. I use bone broth and related broths instead of stock. I don't eat a lot of pasta, rice, or potatoes. Our farmers market is open year round. I get my produce from them.

I don't buy bread from the store or baked goods. I make them myself or get them from a bakery. I use natural yeast. I use dark chocolate always unless the recipe calls for white. I never use milk chocolate. I don't buy juice unless I'm under the weather. I'll get lemonade on occasion that's flavored with organic sugar. But I usually make it from scratch. I like ginger beer but I make my own unless I'm pressed for time.

When I stopped drinking soda I made Italian sodas. I've made the syrups in the past. But ginger beer replaced them. I make my own ice cream, gelato, and sorbets to control the sweetness. The same with jams, marmalades, pickles, sauces, etc. I don't like preservatives in my food or use them when canning. I like extra virgin olive oil and specialized oils. I love cheese and different salts. I minimize my consumption of deli meat. I like charcuterie better.

Who Would This Benefit?: Eco-friendly proponents who enjoy cooking and sourcing great ingredients. They place a primacy on taste and moderation.

Movement: I enjoy Pilates, walking, cycling, and golf. I want to try ballet barre in the near future.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I consume a protein rich breakfast then wait two hours before starting intense workouts. I follow these workout with another protein source, framer cheese, a low sugar Greek yogurt, or nuts. Its not only that we eat protein but when we eat it that is important.

I didn't loose weight on my exercises, but became more lean. Muscle is heaver than fat. So if you loose fat while building muscles it may not show on the scale. A better method is to measure your body when you start to exercise and then a month later measure again. If throughout your stats improve even if your weight remains the same or even if it increases, don't worry, you replacing fat with muscles.

Still, eat protein as I described before and after your work outs and reduce greatly the starches and simple sugars you eat (of you can remove these all the better). replace butter for all or part with olive oil for most uses, and eat more vegetables.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am NOT a health or fitness or diet guru and never will be. I just want to gradually improve my diet and lifestyle overall, step by step, so that I can feel better and enjoy life longer and with more quality.

Diet: I try to stick to high protein (chicken/turkey, occasional fish, eggs, cheese, almond milk, yogurt), and high fiber (salads with loads of veggies pretty much every day, whole grain bread and cereal, always keep fresh fruit handy). 99% of what I drink is water. I have a Brita filter pitcher and love it. I love iced tea and soda, but I sip them very slowly. One 20 oz Coke can last me several days, and I nearly always wind up tossing the last few ounces because it goes flat. I try to eat fresh, whole foods as much as possible and avoid anything processed or in a box if I can. Sweets are my downfall, and that's something I'm still working on!

Exercise: Hiking is my exercise of choice, since it's entirely enjoyable and feels like zero effort because I'm having so much fun. It's also wonderful for my mind and soul. When I can't do that, I have a workout routine that I've customized for myself over the past year. I experimented with various types of exercises, tempos, etc, and I'm quite happy with what I've put together. It feels great, it gets my heart pumping and makes me sweat, without making me feel like I'm going to pass out or throw up, lol. It would be tricky to try and describe each movement, but there are 8 of them, and I do 50 sets of each.

Again, I'm not a health/fitness/diet expert. This is just what works for me at this time in my life!

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
If someone is having trouble getting excited about working or would prefer not going to a gym, but has a Nintendo Switch, then I recommend getting Ring Fit Adventure, which costs $80. It turns fitness into a game where you move interact with the world and defeat enemies through jogging and doing reps of various exercises. There a lot of positive reviews on Youtube of people speaking about their experience with it, such as one guy who lost 58.6 pound by playing it every day for 6 months.

https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Fit-Adventure-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07XV4NHHN

Upvote 0