• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please I need your help.

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Listen. There are times my problem calms down and I can see it with a more logical mind. However, when I think about all these coincidences and start analyzing them I start feeling bad again. The last 5 months many coincidences happened that made me think they could be signs from God. Why should I feel bad? Because I asked God for signs as an answer for a question I made to Him. The question was if He has done to me something my ocd requested due to stress. There is a chance I nevet requested but my ocd tells me I may have. I just dont remember. Lets think that my ocd requested. It was NOT something I wanted. It was something I fear and it was not spoken with words. It were just fast thoughts that I somehow made with a little will due to stress. If I have made that request, it was not described with words. It was the second time my ocd requested it. The first time, my ocd requested during sleep during stress. Anyway, I told God that I did not mean it and since my request was not visible I wanted signs to know if it happened. Since then my psychology went downhill because many coincidences happen. I will write some of them, not in chronological order. 1) I asked God to give me a nosebleed if my request happened. I did not get any. Later, I was scrolling in facebook and thinking about it and I thought something like " since I did not get any nose bleed, it probably means my request did not happen. At that moment, I see a thumbnail photo with a kid with a nosebleed from trailer of Stranger Things 2. 2) I asked God to give me 5 twiches/fasculations in my eyes area before the countdown. I relaxed my face and started counting down nervously. Before the countdown has finished, I felt one fasculation/twich under my eye. I freaked out cause it never happens. 3) I was praying to God and asked Him to hear someone opening his/her door of the apartment in the building where I live as a sign of making my request happen. For some reason I had a feeling I should not ask it because it would happen. In the end, I asked it but I changed my mind thinking "no". It was too late. At that moment, I heard someone unlocking his/her door and probably opening it. I freaked out a lot. After this coincidence, I would spend time everyday thinking about the door coincidence and when I would make questions to myself like "was the door a coincidence or not?" I would hear another door sound coming from the building's floors. I was checking an article about God's signs and had a picture with a slogan something like "this a sign from God" when I saw it, I heard a door sound. I ended up, when I was writing about the door coincidences having thoughts that were like " what if I hear another door sound now that I write about the door coincidences?" And many times, it happened at that moment. It gets worse. I used to sleep and in the morning hours I was having thoughts like " now I will hear a door opening and it will be bad" it happened. It was like my mind predicting sounds in the morning. Not a dream cause I checked it. 4) I entered reddit chatroom. I found myself when I entered in the middle of a conversation someone typed something like that he/she used to be ugly and started getting better in other things. It was a thought I used to make after the possible request my ocd may have made. I scrolled down and someone typed something like that he is ugly but when he looks in the mirror he sees a hot guy. That was almost the request my ocd may have made. I freaked and closed the chatroom. I decided to open it again just to test if I will see something again. When I opened it again, someone typed Jesus. I freaked out cause it was like I was gettinga confirm that they were signs from God. 5) One day I was walking was thinking that God probably would not do to us bad stuff that we or our ocd. asks. I made a thought that I have made many times in the past. I was thinking like " if I have asked God to take/cut my arm due to ocd it would not happen. Many people say stuff like to be burned if they lie and it does not happen" At that moment, I saw a man with one arm. I feared that God may have been telling me that I would lose my arm if I have ask it even with ocd. Maybe what my ocd request may have happened. 6) Like the door I ended up fearing more sound coincidences like dog and car alarms. I would see pictures in internet that reminded me my fear. Mind would make thoughts like "I hope I wont hear a dog barking or a car alarm" and I would hear one of the two sounds. One time, I made a thought like " what will happen if the 3 sounds (door, alarm, bark) happen at the same time? I will freak out. I prayed to God that if this happens I will consider it a coincidence in order to have my psychology safe in case of this unlikely coincidence. One day, I heard a dog barking while I was thinking my problem. I jokingly said I may consider it a sign if the 3 sounds happen together. The dog kept barking and suddenly a car alarm rung together with a door opening sound. I freaked. Days later something similar happened. I heard again a car alarm with a door opening sound and thought something like that all we need now is a dog and a dog barked. 7) I was watching a video with a guy commenting a symbol. My mind made a thought like "I will hear the word sign probably. It will be bad." I wanted to close it. A new thought I made something like " what if I hear the word sign when I close the video?" I waited and I clicked "x" the last word I heard from the guy was "sign". I checked it and freaked" 8) I stayed in an airbnb house and had a book with title like "The Sign Of God" 9) a familiar person that we rarely talk send me a viber message with the word coincidences. It ended with the sentence like "it cant be a coincidence" he knew nothing of my problem. 10) I was out and made a thought about God and my problem. I thought of a word when made the thought. I heard a friend who was talking using the word I thought. Please I need reassurance please I will appreciate it to hear your story if it is similar with mine. What I need from you is to comment one by one every coincidence and tell me what do you think? What are the chances of it happening? Your reassurance and praying always help me. I want to know the truth. I made a thought with the word thought when I was finishing this post and I heard from the tv something like "reality does not change" anyway, just help me. I need big answers with details. I am thinking seriously going to a psychologist. Please comment every coincidence. Thank you all.

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Listen. There are times my problem calms down and I can see it with a more logical mind. However, when I think about all these coincidences and start analyzing them I start feeling bad again. The last 5 months many coincidences happened that made me think they could be signs from God. Why should I feel bad? Because I asked God for signs as an answer for a question I made to Him. The question was if He has done to me something my ocd requested due to stress. There is a chance I nevet requested but my ocd tells me I may have. I just dont remember. Lets think that my ocd requested. It was NOT something I wanted. It was something I fear and it was not spoken with words. It were just fast thoughts that I somehow made with a little will due to stress. If I have made that request, it was not described with words. It was the second time my ocd requested it. The first time, my ocd requested during sleep during stress. Anyway, I told God that I did not mean it and since my request was not visible I wanted signs to know if it happened. Since then my psychology went downhill because many coincidences happen. I will write some of them, not in chronological order. 1) I asked God to give me a nosebleed if my request happened. I did not get any. Later, I was scrolling in facebook and thinking about it and I thought something like " since I did not get any nose bleed, it probably means my request did not happen. At that moment, I see a thumbnail photo with a kid with a nosebleed from trailer of Stranger Things 2. 2) I asked God to give me 5 twiches/fasculations in my eyes area before the countdown. I relaxed my face and started counting down nervously. Before the countdown has finished, I felt one fasculation/twich under my eye. I freaked out cause it never happens. 3) I was praying to God and asked Him to hear someone opening his/her door of the apartment in the building where I live as a sign of making my request happen. For some reason I had a feeling I should not ask it because it would happen. In the end, I asked it but I changed my mind thinking "no". It was too late. At that moment, I heard someone unlocking his/her door and probably opening it. I freaked out a lot. After this coincidence, I would spend time everyday thinking about the door coincidence and when I would make questions to myself like "was the door a coincidence or not?" I would hear another door sound coming from the building's floors. I was checking an article about God's signs and had a picture with a slogan something like "this a sign from God" when I saw it, I heard a door sound. I ended up, when I was writing about the door coincidences having thoughts that were like " what if I hear another door sound now that I write about the door coincidences?" And many times, it happened at that moment. It gets worse. I used to sleep and in the morning hours I was having thoughts like " now I will hear a door opening and it will be bad" it happened. It was like my mind predicting sounds in the morning. Not a dream cause I checked it. 4) I entered reddit chatroom. I found myself when I entered in the middle of a conversation someone typed something like that he/she used to be ugly and started getting better in other things. It was a thought I used to make after the possible request my ocd may have made. I scrolled down and someone typed something like that he is ugly but when he looks in the mirror he sees a hot guy. That was almost the request my ocd may have made. I freaked and closed the chatroom. I decided to open it again just to test if I will see something again. When I opened it again, someone typed Jesus. I freaked out cause it was like I was gettinga confirm that they were signs from God. 5) One day I was walking was thinking that God probably would not do to us bad stuff that we or our ocd. asks. I made a thought that I have made many times in the past. I was thinking like " if I have asked God to take/cut my arm due to ocd it would not happen. Many people say stuff like to be burned if they lie and it does not happen" At that moment, I saw a man with one arm. I feared that God may have been telling me that I would lose my arm if I have ask it even with ocd. Maybe what my ocd request may have happened. 6) Like the door I ended up fearing more sound coincidences like dog and car alarms. I would see pictures in internet that reminded me my fear. Mind would make thoughts like "I hope I wont hear a dog barking or a car alarm" and I would hear one of the two sounds. One time, I made a thought like " what will happen if the 3 sounds (door, alarm, bark) happen at the same time? I will freak out. I prayed to God that if this happens I will consider it a coincidence in order to have my psychology safe in case of this unlikely coincidence. One day, I heard a dog barking while I was thinking my problem. I jokingly said I may consider it a sign if the 3 sounds happen together. The dog kept barking and suddenly a car alarm rung together with a door opening sound. I freaked. Days later something similar happened. I heard again a car alarm with a door opening sound and thought something like that all we need now is a dog and a dog barked. 7) I was watching a video with a guy commenting a symbol. My mind made a thought like "I will hear the word sign probably. It will be bad." I wanted to close it. A new thought I made something like " what if I hear the word sign when I close the video?" I waited and I clicked "x" the last word I heard from the guy was "sign". I checked it and freaked" 8) I stayed in an airbnb house and had a book with title like "The Sign Of God" 9) a familiar person that we rarely talk send me a viber message with the word coincidences. It ended with the sentence like "it cant be a coincidence" he knew nothing of my problem. 10) I was out and made a thought about God and my problem. I thought of a word when made the thought. I heard a friend who was talking using the word I thought. Please I need reassurance please I will appreciate it to hear your story if it is similar with mine. What I need from you is to comment one by one every coincidence and tell me what do you think? What are the chances of it happening? Your reassurance and praying always help me. I want to know the truth. I made a thought with the word thought when I was finishing this post and I heard from the tv something like "reality does not change" anyway, just help me. I need big answers with details. I am thinking seriously going to a psychologist. Please comment every coincidence. Thank you all.

Why do you ask for help when you don't follow the advice we give?

What's the point in asking God for a nosebleed? Or for eye twitches?

And I've already told you before that a random book title means NOTHING.

Take your meds and go to your confessor. Follow their advice.

Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'd advise that you go talk to your psychologist because the answers may not be here since the situation/coincidences happening are personal to you. I think you need evaluation of your condition and management. I pray for your healing and spiritual calmness in Jesus' name.
With love...

• Agree
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

You should have asked God to help you create paragraphs!

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Trust in God that he knows where you are coming from. You can't be held responsible for things that occur in your dreams. Seek counseling from both sources. Your thoughts are causing you even more confusion. Counseling will help that. SEEK GOD AND CALM.
God bless you.

• Agree
Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
when I think about all these coincidences and start analyzing them I start feeling bad again.
So why start thinking about them.
Realise they are random happenings with no meaning behind them, that it is only your OCD that drives you to seek meaning in them.

Your therapist will have suggested ways to deal with these impulses, do try to use them.

Remember God is a God of order, not disorder. He does not speak to us through random happenings, but through his word or through sermons.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know EXACTLY how you feel, because I used to use this kind of logic in different obsessions. Isn't it so confusing? Your mind is so over-analyzing your thoughts that you can't even tell what you want and don't want. I totally get it. However, I'm not going to comment on all your coincidences, because that would be providing reassurance, which will feed your obsession. :) Do you know what would happen if I told you that every single one of these is a coincidence, and you don't need to worry anymore? Your OCD would find a way to worry again! See, let's try it....

These are all coincidences, and you don't need to worry about them anymore!

Problem solved! :)

But I know it's not that easy when you have OCD, so....it's important that you learn how to treat your obsessions using mind strategies, instead of trying to "solve" each question that comes up (since there will always be another one). It sounds like you might benefit from a therapist (look for one who knows how to treat OCD! They should use ERP and CBT therapy!). Also, continue to learn all you can about fighting OCD on your own.

Here's a video series that I really like:
https://noiseinyourhead.com/free-video-series/

Also, I can't remember if I've suggested it, but feel free to join the Facebook group "Christianity and Anxiety Disorders." I'm a part of it, and there are lots of kind, helpful people on there who have OCD themselves.

It won't be like this forever! Keep learning about how to deal with your OCD!

Upvote 0