Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First off, I've been invited to minister at a revival there in the realm of healing. What I would like to know are the following:

How hostile is this nation to white Christian foreigners?

What kind of shots will I need to have before entering the country?

Will I have any issues with trying to carry on my personal Bible in my luggage?

And of course, if you have any other kinds of advice please feel free to let me know. Thanks and God bless!

• Prayers
Reactions: “Paisios”

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know this particular ministry but it has some updated issues listed here: Kenya: Support

Why not send the money instead, since they are so poverty stricken, it would benefit them more.
I don't wish to sound cynical but Africans worship so many Gods they don't want to leave any out and are eager to accept salvation from Almighty God just because they add Him to their worship list.

Any healing of an illness may make it worse for them in the future if it's brought on by evil which worship they return to after you're gone and too few missionaries to guide them to true worship... the illness could return doubly worse as God's Word warns us.

There are thousands of US residents who need healing... why not a trip to Appalachia where they are equally poor and needy instead?

May God give you guidance in your decision. :prayer:

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,954.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If they have religious police actively enforcing Sharia Law, then it would forbidden to bring the Bible.

DON'T bring the Bible in that case. If you have religious files in your laptop, phone, hard drives, you can either delete them or hide / encrypt them real good and give them misleading file names. These could be inspected at the immigration in the airport.

You can simply just print verses in the Bible later on, if you have access to a printer in Kenya -- if you have a pdf Bible. If you don't have a Bible in pdf format, you better get one or just access one online anonymously (continue reading below)

Also, internet activities may be monitored. Christian sites may be blocked and if you get caught conducting Christian-related activity in the internet, you may be apprehended.

If you wish to use the internet "under-the-radar", access an online Bible, and to unblock Christian-related info, this is the best browser to use, and make sure you download this browser before you leave (access to this site may be blocked in non-democratic countries)

Tor Browser

Also, avoid using email through less-secure apps like Microsoft Outlook.

If you have gmail or yahoo, it would be a lot better if you simply accessed your email through Tor Browser, a little inconvenient, but at least you're safe.

If you don't have email that can be accessed through internet browser like Tor, I recommend you to make one, preferrably with gmail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If they have religious police actively enforcing Sharia Law, then it would forbidden to bring the Bible.

DON'T bring the Bible in that case. If you have religious files in your laptop, phone, hard drives, you can either delete them or hide / encrypt them real good and give them misleading file names. These could be inspected at the immigration in the airport.

You can simply just print verses in the Bible later on, if you have access to a printer in Kenya -- if you have a pdf Bible. If you don't have a Bible in pdf format, you better get one or just access one online anonymously (continue reading below)

Also, internet activities may be monitored. Christian sites may be blocked and if you get caught conducting Christian-related activity in the internet, you may be apprehended.

If you wish to use the internet "under-the-radar", access an online Bible, and to unblock Christian-related info, this is the best browser to use, and make sure you download this browser before you leave (access to this site may be blocked in non-democratic countries)

Tor Browser

Also, avoid using email through less-secure apps like Microsoft Outlook.

If you have gmail or yahoo, it would be a lot better if you simply accessed your email through Tor Browser, a little inconvenient, but at least you're safe.

If you don't have email that can be accessed through internet browser like Tor, I recommend you to make one, preferrably with gmail.
You appear to be confusing Kenya with Saudi Arabia.

Upvote 0