Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This isn't very fair tho. Girls without dark features look beautiful all the time and makeup really doesn't make a big difference to them. Blondes are fair-featured and by using makeup to accentuate what they do have, they look A LOT better. Obviously some blondes are gorgeous without but to be able to see most of what's there, makeup is needed.
but I agree with fake tanning, huge amounts of jewelley, AE/Billabong brands, fake nails and excessive amounts of makeup...no one needs any of that.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well I wouldn't know how to pick out a woman and say "She is plain" from an attractive one.

Just cause the other guys think she's plain doesn't mean you have to.

Me I'm attracted to all sorts of women.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
but the ones that really stand out, are the ones that are not done up to me. there's something about natural beauty to me. the personality i think is easier seen through natural beauty which is also something that is EXTREMELY attractive/appealing.
Interesting thread tattedschomoe. I was interested in starting one similiar, but it was on how all the plain janes get the guys for marriage.

As others have noted, it's mostly vocabulary. You are interested in the ones with natural beauty that don't need any makeup to enhance their looks. Also your probably interesting in them being about to sweet or be in the rain and not have to worry about things running off. Or in marriage waking up the next morning without racoon smudges?

I think there are a lot of different types of women that fall into the plain category.
yep I'd agree.

QFT - hence the term plain jane. I think the difference that most of the guys have described here is "natural beauty" vs. a high-maintenance woman that won't even run to Walmart at 3 AM without doing her hair/make-up first.
Some good thoughts flnativegrl.

To me, plain would be "bland". What "bland" means is subjective. But anyone really, who looks like everyone else.

[quote/] yep I think so also. I know a girl in church that is my friend and has been described to me this way. Although she's very plain looking, she's very loyal and seems like she'll be a good wife. She looks pretty though if she puts on eyeshadow, which is rare. She also is reserved and a bit more monotone and unexpressive in her actions which contributes to the plain jane look.

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
i've been told that i'm attracted to plain looking girls. now to me that is compliment because plain looking girls are sexy and beautiful without makeup and no worries of being horrified the morning after whenever/if i get married and the sight isn't beauty and the beast.

but i was talking about this to a friend of mine. and she's always taken the statement "plain girl" as a negative. to me, it's a very good positive...because i'm biased. i do prefer the plain looking girls over the pritzy avon girls.

so what does "plain looking girl" really mean?
I'm half/half.

I REALLY don't like girls with caked makeup. That's a red flag for me now and days that tells me this girl is going to give me trouble, especially if it's at a nightclub somewhere. Not always the case, but I believe that a woman who wears so much makeup at such a young age on the outside doesn't have too much to show for on the inside, and it will show on the outside when the makeup comes off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
girls who accessorize heavily and wear lots of makeup are also more likely to be materialistic shop-a-holics and will spend all their guy's money and guys don't want that, they don't a bunch of credit card debt because of a girl
I guess it depends what you consider accessorizing then...

But someone like Sarah Jessica Parker [who I personally think is pretty, but maybe isn't stereotypically attractive or what have you], their flair and the overaccessorizing and fashionista label maybe makes her that much more attractive.

I think its kind of a blanket statement. But I could've gotten the over-accessorizing comment a bit wrong.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My other thoughts in response to the OP is that natural girls look more touchable than made-up ones. This was the popular opinion when I was in highschool.

I've noticed a total difference at work when I started with the matte-look, and switched to no make-up after year. Others seemed more comfortable around me. Although, in an office environment, there's no way I'd go without make-up - you get treated maybe opposite.

Upvote 0

God Child

Anointed Servant
Apr 25, 2005
fairbanks, Alaska
✟23,851.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In regards to the OP. A plain looking female is most likely one whom doesn't concern themselves so much with fashion. Though i disagree with the concept of labeling all females whom don't concern themselves so much with fashion as "plain". Sometimes i actually see it the other way around, the term plain is often (unfortunately the term is somewhat ambiguous) synonymous with words such as average, normal, ordinary, common and i think it is more common for a female to concern themselves a lot with fashion (make-up, clothes etc. ) at least where i live and what i see on the news and whatnot.
Nonetheless, i don't like using the term plain in regards to a person, and especially not a group of people (whom i most likely don't even know). That being written, it's hard for me to determine what the phrase "plain looking girl" really means, primarily because it's entirely subjective. I may have to think about it some more, a couple minutes may not be enough time to determine this. :eek:

Upvote 0

BoazB

Dec 29, 2006
South Africa
✟2,335.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Plain looking girl is Cindy Crawford without the make-up.

You fall in love with who she is, before you really worry about the body-work.

And she probably won't be unreasonable or demanding, or be grumpy-materialist like a dolly, and stands less chance of running off with some Sylvester Stallion. LOL.
:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums