• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Pills

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I gotta be honest, I think my schizophrenia medicine helps me, but there were times when I still did pretty bad on it.

Also, to open a can of worms, there's also the chance it doesn't help me at all, and here is how: I would receive treatments every time I believed something illogical. But what I believed wasn't always illogical, sometimes it had logic, but I wasn't a fantastic "reasoner" at the time. I stopped believing everything the psychiatrist considered illogical, for fear of getting more treatments. So perhaps what really helped me is not the medicine but myself shutting things in?

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
When you're psychotic you do believe everything you think is logical and that everyone else are the crazy ones. It's just part of the illness. I would rather trust your doctor.

Okay, but the doctor also told me things like, "If one person witnesses a murder, and two others say it didn't happen - it didn't happen."

I will just trust my doctors though, I guess.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,794.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. - 1 John 5:4

I would prescribe getting all the faith you can. It is faith that will cause you to overcome. My friends at work use to tell me that action overcomes fear and would challenge me to put my faith to work.

Pills... We really do not know your physical, mental, and spiritual condition. It would be unwise for anyone but a Doctor to advise you medically, not knowing you very well.

Upvote 0

MayMcFlurry

Jun 30, 2016
England
✟18,090.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Greens
Okay, but the doctor also told me things like, "If one person witnesses a murder, and two others say it didn't happen - it didn't happen."

I will just trust my doctors though, I guess.

Obviously you are individuals and you have differing opinions to your doctor, but when it comes to the more serious stuff like paranoia and such better to listen to the doc. I have not always agreed with my therapist but for the most part it turned out she was right anyway...

Reactions: Left
Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'll give a more serious answer. My mom once installed spy software on my computer. She saw I was making some dirty jokes on a forum. I lied and said I wasn't that member and never been to that forum - after all, she was pretty angry. Later I won a computer from that forum as an actual, real contest and I didn't want to tell her where the computer came from because then she would know I was X member of the forum. My mom and brother told my doctor that weird things were happening to me like me receiving a computer in the mail. My doctor took it as one of the signs of schizophrenia - these weird things happening. To me everything was logical, and I just have a weird family - but I failed at explaining it.

Nonetheless, I will stay on medicine, and try to listen to and respect my doctor(s).

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My ex-fiancee never really took meds, she just did weed. But she was SUPER paranoid and thought the world was out to get her. When we walked into a mall she said "Look at that girl over theres, shes watching me!". It was just a employee looking. I mean people look at other people sometimes.

A minute into walking down the aisle she swore then said "See now they are all looking at me. They want to take me out!". I looked and no one was looking at her. After about 2 minutes she screamed loud "I KNOW YOU WANT TO KILL ME, I WON'T LET IT HAPPEN! I'M OUT OF HERE (swear word)!". She ran out and slammed the door shut.

When we were out in general she would always quickly look and say "Did you see that shadow?". I'd be like "Uh no.". She said "I've always had shadow people watching me so they can control me and make me a slave!". When I asked her who the shadow people were she said they were literally looked like a person but made of smoke and shadow. They would appear in her windows when she was home. They would try to snatch her child from her too. She said they were sent by the New World Order who was run by lizard people. Lizard people look like us but wear fake human skin so we don't know why they are. But she knew who they were because the shadow people hung around them.

Needless to say we didn't stay together very long. Meds are important so they help you out. Without them the world will notice if your acting odd even if you don't think you are.

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi guys. I really like TheoryofForms (I don't have any feelings for him like that, I just think of him as a little brother) a lot, he means a lot to me, and it would be great if you guys could help him with his problems. Thanks!

I think it was this morning when I discovered I really liked him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys. I really like TheoryofForms (I don't have any feelings for him like that, I just think of him as a little brother) a lot, he means a lot to me, and it would be great if you guys could help him with his problems. Thanks!

Sadly, they won't be able to help me, I have learned. The kind of people that could, people who have carefully thought their thoughts through and have few pre-conceived notions, are few and far.

I don't want to go into any more detail than that.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This is a great topic. I think delusions are a logical response to hallucinations and being generally confused about odd coincidences. It seems like the solution is to persuade yourself that your perceptions were not correct. It is perfectly normal to try to understand experiences, and weird experiences lead logically to weird explanations, because the non-weird explanations don't work.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Also, to make things clear, this thread is more a discussion, and me whining a bit, than a cry for help. I am doing pretty well today spiritually.

Plus regardless of whatever I get told in this thread... i will continue to take my medicine.

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Edward, (TheoryofForms) I will say that a few of your posts have shocked and hurt me, I'm sorry that I am not able to help you with your problems, as I suffer with Autism and sometimes I am short on intellect. Call me stupid if you will, I can't help it.

Believe me brother, I am acquainted with suffering too. I have to live with this Autism, I have to live with myself. Sometimes it is too hard to bear.

What hurts me is that you sound like a brick wall, like you have no emotion. At least, this is how I am interpreting it. I have trouble understanding people who act like robots and have no emotion, because I do feel things from time to time and it is inconceivable to me that anyone wouldn't.

Also, I confess that my knowledge of schizophrenia is almost nothing. Will you feel better if I just hug you then? :hug:

It wouldn't hurt you to love me back though. That's all I really want, but I am not getting it from you. That hurts me. You sound like a robotic intellectual. Don't you care about me at all? Sometimes I think you sound emotionless in your posts. Don't you have a heart at all? Or is it your schizophrenia that makes you like a brick wall? I am trying to understand.

If you do experience emotion then do tell me.

This is in no wise a scolding. I care about you too much to hurt you like that.

I'll pray for you that GOD heals you of your schizophrenia.

I am not mad at you or anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I do love you. I just don't know how to do things like use nice emoticons to show it. I don't even know how to use the emoticon feature, not sure it works on my phone.

I also feel you should talk to me a bit more. For example, you messaged me today, then didn't message me again. It's that 1 on 1 conversation that really makes things fun.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 13, 2016
Latvia
✟126,634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just wanted to tell you guys that you are awesome.

I have schizophrenia as well. I have a firm belief only God can heal me of this unfortunate condition (of hearing demons in my case/ having them control me) and I believe pills only have the capability to manage the situation (they cannot make demons go away you know). I feel better without them. I'm only saddened that my parents would be happy if I took them (as it seems normal to take pills in my case), but I don't want to because I feel better without them.

The truth is I don't hear from God for some time and I'm not sure He will ever show His love in my heart ever again. I hope he does and I hope He takes away all the mess that I have made...

Anyway, I wish you to get well TheoryofForms. Seek God. He is able to deliver from this illness. You can google it. There are people that have been set free. Jesus can heal from anything. So I say Amen to rockytopa! And Amen for myself. May God grant us faith that heals.

Mark 9 : 22-24
"But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us."
" ‘If you can’?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for one who believes."
Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

This was about a demon possessed boy, his father and Jesus. Disciples couldn't drive this one out, but Jesus could. I hope He helps us. I beg that he would help us with our unbelief. I would be so happy to see you being set free, dear people. And me myself as well. I love how Jesus commanded this demon to leave the boy and NEVER to go into him again. I think the one who was in me returned. I would LOVE if Jesus drove him out and made him never to come back again and his dirty friends as well. But my faith has been pretty shattered. I hope He helps. All of us.

Upvote 0