Photos of Creation (a glimpse of things to come)

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟109,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many pounds did you think the buck weighed?
Typical Mule deer buck dresses out at around 100 lbs
Yielding 50 or more lbs of meat
That one, I'd add 30-40 more lbs

Heh, hunting
The real work begins right after dropping one
Especially if they run a bit
I sure don't miss quartering and packing one in

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟78,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll investigate that
Never considered oiling a jacket
Change the oil every 3000 miles?
Haha... Yeah. With leather oil. Maybe. If you wear it a lot, perhaps once every year or two.

Reactions: Gary O'
Upvote 0

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟109,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My atheist friends love to give me a hard time

Like 'why did God rest after making everything....did He get tired from speaking?'

'And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.'

I just explain it this way;
He just paused and admired His handy work

I can relate...some, from building cabins in the mountains.

floor.jpg

door.jpg

a frame.jpg

Put the hammer and saw down, look around
...and say.....'it is good'

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Like 'why did God rest after making everything....did He get tired from speaking?'

'And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.'
He Created Wisdom , I think, Before Creating the world and all things and all life...
He Rested,
Perhaps, as an example, as He Instructed all HIs children also to rest on the 7th day.
Like Papa, Like Son.
No, btw, He was not tired, not does He sleep.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟78,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

View attachment 335879

View attachment 335880

View attachment 335881

Amen brother. It is good to admire one's own work. I admire God's handiwork also, in the beauty of the 10 trillion mile wide nebulas in the universe all the way down to the microscopic. :) Also, your cabins are pretty cool. You could sell the blueprints/designs for other cabin builders and have the design spread to the Midwest and East Coast.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen brother. It is good to admire one's own work. I admire God's handiwork also, in the beauty of the 10 trillion mile wide nebulas in the universe all the way down to the microscopic. :) Also, your cabins are pretty cool. You could sell the blueprints/designs for other cabin builders and have the design spread to the Midwest and East Coast.
Gary also makes some really nice rustic furniture. He's really skilled carpenter.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

View attachment 335879

View attachment 335880

View attachment 335881

I really like the stuff you build. It's way beyond my skill level. I've built a few things but not anywhere close to the level of what you build. I'm far more technically inclined as in mechanically, electrically, and with refrigeration systems. such as heat pumps,. ACs. furnaces, and walk ins, reach ins. Ice makers, control systems and the like. I did that for 20 years until I got hurt and then had to stop as the job requires some really heavy lifting at times. It was a big blow when I couldn't do it any more because I was really good at it and enjoyed it.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟78,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gary also makes some really nice rustic furniture. He's really skilled carpenter.
Agreed. Would be nice if more people were like him. Artists make the coolest friends in my opinion. :)

Upvote 0

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟109,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really like the stuff you build. It's way beyond my skill level. I've built a few things but not anywhere close to the level of what you build. I'm far more technically inclined as in mechanically, electrically, and with refrigeration systems
I think it's way beyond skill level
I thinks it's more desire, interest

Electrical stuff is all a magical mystery to me
I so admire those that are driven to understand it

As far as my wood butcherrings, it all started when I was around 5 yrs of age, and I watched my dad and grandad build our garage with just a hammer and saw
It led to my most favorite birthday present

handy andy.jpg

and started me cutting and nailing anything I could get hold of

Have yet to quit

• Friendly
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think it's way beyond skill level
I thinks it's more desire, interest

Electrical stuff is all a magical mystery to me
I so admire those that are driven to understand it

As far as my wood butcherrings, it all started when I was around 5 yrs of age, and I watched my dad and grandad build our garage with just a hammer and saw
It led to my most favorite birthday present

View attachment 335910
and started me cutting and nailing anything I could get hold of

Have yet to quit
Sorry, but it was no struggle for me to learn about about electricity. It seems God gave me an aptitude for it, just like He did with the refrigeration cycle. I took a test at a training seminar put on by a heat pump and airconditioner manufacturer and I aced it. When he handed the tests back he told me in in front of the class that in all his tears of doing training he'd only had one other guy ace the test. Did that ever give me a big head. And cut short my training seminar. Instead of two days of being paid to sit in the class someone told the boss and I had to go back to work the next day. :( He wasn't going to pay wages for me to sit when he could get production out of me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟109,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but it was no struggle for me to learn about about electricity. It seems God gave me an aptitude for it
You're right, of course
He gave us all our talents

However
I my case....I've created a lot of kindling....a.....lot

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You're right, of course
He gave us all our talents

However
I my case....I've created a lot of kindling....a.....lot
Yeah. I can understand. My first wood working project still lives, or so I am told. My step daughter has it and uses it to keep indoor plants on. I built in the early to mid eighties our of pine. Used dadoed joints, glue, and screws to hold it together; I built it out of pine without any plans, if if I remember right.

I bought a Shopsmith in the early nineties and made a lot of shavings with it attempting to learn to turn wood. My old man was like you he was really good with his hands. He built his own auto mechanics shop from the ground up, Poured his own foundation, slab. built his own trusses, and sheathed it with metal siding. My older brother was good with his hands too. He did his own body and fender work and painted a Ford 4 wheel drive pickup. It turned out really nice. You'd have thought it was done by a good professional shop.

My little brothwer was petty talented too. He built a wireless ISP from the ground up in hilly country which is no easy task He passed away a few years ago. He'd been really overweight for a long time. He had sleep apnea and wasn't wearing his mask one night and his wife found him dead in bed beside her in the morning.

Upvote 0

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟109,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I bought a Shopsmith in the early nineties and made a lot of shavings with it attempting to learn to turn wood.
I've always coveted Shopsmith lathes
But know I'm dangerous enough with saws
I can just see a chamfering tool zinging past my head

• Haha
Reactions: Gary K
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've always coveted Shopsmith lathes
But know I'm dangerous enough with saws
I can just see a chamfering tool zinging past my head
If I was to do it all over again I'd buy a dedicated wood lathe. They are just a much better tool for the job. A Shopsmith is nice if you're really cramped for room, but dedicated tools are much better. I bought an old radial arm saw in the early 90's and had to clean it up as the guy that I bought it fron had last used it afor cutting brick. It was full of grit. It was an old DeWalt from the 50's or early 60's and I wish I had never sold it; Once it was cleaned up it was as smooth as silk.

The guy that lives on the corner just north of us has a bunch of old power tools. He never buys new because the old ones are so much better He actually has an old DeWalt radial arm saw that's a couple of years older than the one I had..

The only project I built with my old radial arm saw was a work bench. It was as solid as a rock. All 2x4 legs. 2x6 top stretchers, and a 2x4 top covered with some kind of pressboard an 1/8" thick. If my memory serves me right. It was heavy. I moved it once and that was enough for me. I ended up giving it to my little brother the next time I moved as he was living right across the street from me.

Upvote 0

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟109,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, new is pretty much garbage.
Bought an old Craftsman radial arm saw
What a work horse
Loved it
Heh 'Craftsman'
Those tools became less than when China took 'em over

My cabins were built with my 12" Ridgid sliding miter saw
The only project I built with my old radial arm saw was a work bench. It was as solid as a rock. All 2x4 legs. 2x6 top stretchers, and a 2x4 top covered with some kind of pressboard an 1/8" thick.
IMO that's the only way to build 'em

The shop bench at the cabin;

shop.jpg

shop 2.jpg

2x4 base across the top

DSC_0109.jpg

Then a thin sheet of replaceable veneer

shop 4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gary K
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah, new is pretty much garbage.
Bought an old Craftsman radial arm saw
What a work horse
Loved it
Heh 'Craftsman'
Those tools became less than when China took 'em over

My cabins were built with my 12" Ridgid sliding miter saw

IMO that's the only way to build 'em

The shop bench at the cabin;

View attachment 335927

View attachment 335928

2x4 base across the top

View attachment 335932

Then a thin sheet of replaceable veneer

View attachment 335929
Mine was similar only I used half lap joints.

Upvote 0