Sep 29, 2005
Avalon Island
✟17,437.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
a man is a man and a woman is a woman .
although some will have cosmetic surgery ,if you check the DNA they are still of the same sex.nothing has really changed , they are just the same .
it is just an elaborate playing of dress up
the bible teaches that cross dressing is a sin.

Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0

MiniEmu

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 19, 2015
UK
✟21,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think people are too quick to use verses to condemn the issue of being transgender. The actual issue of being transgendered (and not just cross dressing and homosexuality, which so many people appear to link it to) is not actually discussed. We do not know what God thinks of the genuine individuals who finds themselves trapped in the body of a gender they do not relate to, we can only speculate.

Such things require plentiful prayer, contemplation and discussions with those who have dedicated a good portion of their lives to understanding His word at a deeper level. In such matters it is not for us to decide or judge, that is for God. We may give advice and guidance based on our understanding, but the answers you seek can only come from Him.

Upvote 0

Merlin

Paradigm Buster
Sep 29, 2005
Avalon Island
✟17,437.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think people are too quick to use verses to condemn the issue of being transgender. The actual issue of being transgendered (and not just cross dressing and homosexuality, which so many people appear to link it to) is not actually discussed. We do not know what God thinks of the genuine individuals who finds themselves trapped in the body of a gender they do not relate to, we can only speculate.

Such things require plentiful prayer, contemplation and discussions with those who have dedicated a good portion of their lives to understanding His word at a deeper level. In such matters it is not for us to decide or judge, that is for God. We may give advice and guidance based on our understanding, but the answers you seek can only come from Him.
So are you saying that God made a mistake that you should correct him?

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Why is that so frequently the assumption?

Birth defects exist, including ones involving genitals. There is quite a variety of potential intersex conditions, some immediately visible (hermaphrodite, indistinct genitalia) some not (chromosomal variation), including those that cause the chromosomes to be opposite of that of genital development (XY chromosomes, female body).

We correct cleft lip, separate conjoined twins, fix heart defects, etc. Why are those not equally regarded as "God made a mistake"?

We aren't saying God made a mistake. Nature did. Nature makes a lot of mistakes.

Upvote 0

MiniEmu

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 19, 2015
UK
✟21,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Who is saying God made a mistake? We assume it's a mistake because that is what we believe, because the concept is different to what we think of as normal, but perhaps the mistake is our own.

People take off their body hair, get plastic surgery, go above and beyond the realms of normal exercise/diet in order to achieve a certain look, have various non-essential surgical procedures to "correct" imperfections as society views them, all with the smallest of fusses.

And we sit here and judge those we can not understand, because we "know" what God intends and we "know" what God believes. We "know" these things, as surely as we "know" that we are right. We do not know these things, and we cannot dictate that things we think of as wrong are wrong in the eyes of God if God did not warrant such matters of great importance to our salvation.

Which, having flipped through and consistently failing to find any scripture which directly deals with the concept of being female/male in soul, but male/female in body, let alone whether it is a sin/immoral/whatever, we should keep in mind. We should not speak for God on matters which, since they are not explicitly discussed in the Bible, God has left for between Him and the individual. We may think, and we may advise, but we should not assume that we know the position of God in such matters.

(as you can tell, my English worsens when I get enthusiastic... fixing)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Merlin

Paradigm Buster
Sep 29, 2005
Avalon Island
✟17,437.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Why is that so frequently the assumption?

Birth defects exist, including ones involving genitals. There is quite a variety of potential intersex conditions, some immediately visible (hermaphrodite, indistinct genitalia) some not (chromosomal variation), including those that cause the chromosomes to be opposite of that of genital development (XY chromosomes, female body).

We correct cleft lip, separate conjoined twins, fix heart defects, etc. Why are those not equally regarded as "God made a mistake"?

We aren't saying God made a mistake. Nature did. Nature makes a lot of mistakes.
In this case you are not saying there is a mistake.
You are saying there are trillions of mistakes.
Every cell in the body in fact.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, sickness came with the fall, so I don't quite know where I stand.

I'd lean more towards it being wrong, though.
What's wrong about it? It's like any other surgical correction of a medical condition.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In this case you are not saying there is a mistake.
You are saying there are trillions of mistakes.
Every cell in the body in fact.

Because there are trillions of mistakes. You can see many of them with your own eyes, so denial is really pointless.

You will also note that I'm not saying that God made those mistakes. Nor am I saying "every cell in the body" necessarily, because those are your words and I'm not sure what you mean by them.

Nature isn't perfect. Nature makes a lot of mistakes. Some are immediately fatal.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Are you suggesting correct the Dna of each cell?
Otherwise, you are just doing cosmetic surgery, not corrective surgery.

Semantics argument is pointless. DNA doesn't determine everything of who we are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, that's it. I have to be a woman forever!?

God made you a woman and that will never change. You can get your female parts chopped off and take drugs the rest of your life to suppress your femaleness but you will never ever stop being a female, it is encoded in you.

Reactions: jsimms615
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting correct the Dna of each cell?
Otherwise, you are just doing cosmetic surgery, not corrective surgery.
So you don't believe in corrective surgery for any congenital genetic condition?

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not all babies are born normal, Some have heart abnormalities, the list goes on. I not saying God makes these misstate. But some how people are born with abnormalities, some can be fixed by a doctor, some cant. Some abnormalities aren't caught for years like turner's syndrome, Marfan syndrome and the list goes on. So yes people are born with mistakes, that you should correct.

Upvote 0

Lafemme

May 28, 2015
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
God made you a woman and that will never change. You can get your female parts chopped off and take drugs the rest of your life to suppress your femaleness but you will never ever stop being a female, it is encoded in you.

Why is everyone on this board so depressing? I mostly hear awful news and I am sick of it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.