Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What do we need the magical expansion of nothing for except to explain Fairie Dust?

Quit ignoring those charged particles and you won't need DE or DM for that matter.

A New Non-Doppler Redshift

Nor will you need to keep trying to uselessly modify Newtons laws since they don't apply to 99.9% of the universe anyways.

Of course when you got people that want to treat a universe 99.9% plasma with the wrong physics, you need all that Fairie Dust to make the equations work. But even if not one single scientist in one single laboratory anywhere uses anything but particle physics and electromagnetic theory to describe plasma behavior in that lab, people think it's not needed once you leave the laboratory and barely apply it to a universe 99.9% plasma.

And you people actually wonder why they need that 96% Fairie Dust....because they used the wrong physics to begin with......start using the correct physics for the correct states of matter and we can get back to laboratory experimentation again instead of fantasies of the mind.

Had they let redshift die when technology advanced and falsified it instead of changing it to magical expanding nothing, cosmology would be a lot further along and rid of half of its epicycles by now.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
..... I mean they have images of Antarctica over a period of decades showing how each year it freezes less and less and is shrinking at a fast rate. How can you deny that? Its as bad as those who think we never went to the moon or that 9/11 was staged.

I was recently wondering about the same thing. Especially with the numerous islands being inundated and the north polar region's Polar Bears being in severe survival distress due to diminishing ice floes.

The Pacific islands losing a way of life to climate change – in pictures

Global Warming and Polar Bears - National Wildlife Federation

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I was recently wondering about the same thing. Especially with the numerous islands being inundated and the north polar region's Polar Bears being in severe survival distress due to diminishing ice floes.

The Pacific islands losing a way of life to climate change – in pictures

Global Warming and Polar Bears - National Wildlife Federation

Which is offset by the Antarctic sea ice reaching new levels.

Antarctic Sea Ice Reaches New Record Maximum

Things change naturally. What was once mountains were sea beds at one time. What are now sea beds were once mountains. The Sahara Dessert was once a vibrant flourishing tropic. Don't blame natural changes on man, he has nothing to do with any of it except to watch the natural cycle as a passenger.

It goes up and down, always has, always will.

image1491.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Which is offset by the Antarctic sea ice reaching new levels.

Things change naturally. What was once mountains were sea beds at one time. What are now sea beds were once mountains. The Sahara Dessert was once a vibrant flourishing tropic. Don't blame natural changes on man, he has nothing to do with any of it except to watch the natural cycle as a passenger.

It goes up and down, always has, always will.

image1491.png

Please note that the article you provided is describing a local increase in sea ice but is not denying that the overall effect of global warming is a net decrease in sea ice. It compares this with the way in which general global temperature is increasing while regionally some areas might hit record lows.

The new Antarctic sea ice record reflects the diversity and complexity of Earth’s environments, said NASA researchers. Claire Parkinson, a senior scientist at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, has referred to changes in sea ice coverage as a microcosm of global climate change. Just as the temperatures in some regions of the planet are colder than average, even in our warming world, Antarctic sea ice has been increasing and bucking the overall trend of ice loss.

“The planet as a whole is doing what was expected in terms of warming. Sea ice as a whole is decreasing as expected, but just like with global warming, not every location with sea ice will have a downward trend in ice extent,” Parkinson said.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Please note that the article you provided is describing a local increase in sea ice but is not denying that the overall effect of global warming is a net decrease in sea ice. It compares this with the way in which general global temperature is increasing while regionally some areas might hit record lows.

Well lets just look at the temperatures over the last 10,000 years and put this in perspective

clip_image0024.jpg

Well, were is your global warming when put in perspective? The Medieval Warm Period was warmer than it was today, and I know your not going to blame man made Co2 for that, are you?

Or maybe youd like to break it down over the last 2,000 years and get a little perspective.

MWP.jpg

Or perhaps we should zoom out further and get even more perspective.

images

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well lets just look at the temperatures over the last 10,000 years and put this in perspective

clip_image0024.jpg

Well, were is your global warming when put in perspective? The Medieval Warm Period was warmer than it was today, and I know your not going to blame man made Co2 for that, are you?

Or maybe youd like to break it down over the last 2,000 years and get a little perspective.

MWP.jpg

Or perhaps we should zoom out further and get even more perspective.

images

Well, I guess that clinches it. We are free to dump as much greenhouse gasses as we want into the atmosphere without having to worry about the consequences!

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian

Thanks for that link.

I think that this information only goes to demonstrate that global warming is a complex topic, there may be many influences that we just aren't aware of yet, and the environmentalists are focused on too narrow of an issue. They should be focused on *air pollution* in general, which we know kills millions of humans every single year.

• Agree
Reactions: ananda
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟327,116.00
Faith
Atheist
Last edited:
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
It's worth checking the credibility of such sources, and authors of papers quoted by Principia Scientific International say they're misrepresented - it may sound authoritative, but is generally considered a fringe-science (or pseudoscience) site run by a guy with very dubious credentials...

Just sayin'.
The PSI page I linked to provided many direct quotes from the papers themselves. How was this misrepresentative?

How is this Skolnick individual (whose site you linked to) more credible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well, I guess that clinches it. We are free to dump as much greenhouse gasses as we want into the atmosphere without having to worry about the consequences!

No one said pollution is a good thing. It's their trying to pawn off the false belief that Co2 is the cause of global warming.

Push to fight pollution and I'll back you all the way. But never will I support any made up false belief that is NOT supported by the data.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟327,116.00
Faith
Atheist
The PSI page I linked to provided many direct quotes from the papers themselves. How was this misrepresentative?
I'm just reporting an article that says the authors claim they were misrepresented. You'll have to ask them, or check the original contexts.

How is this Skolnick individual (whose site you linked to) more credible?
I'm not saying he's more credible, but you can easily check what he says. He's just one of many pointing out that the site and its owners don't seem to be everything they claim.

My point is just to provide another perspective on that site - I was intrigued by its claims and did some browsing about it. What I found raised a few red flags. YMMV, DYR.

Upvote 0