Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Neil deGrasse Tyson Warns Science Denial Could 'Dismantle' Democracy

I find this particular quote to be rather ironic considering the source. I've simply lost count how many times "dark matter" theories (plural) have been blown out the water over the last decade. Apparently Tyson only engages in the scientific method when he feels like it. His own 'tests' falsify his belief system, but the dogma lives on......

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
why-is-yawning-contagious01.jpg

I'm not a year old yet, and already I have Mozina's one man crusade against orthodox astrophysics rattling around my head.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
They have been blown out of the water ?

OK, so then if the Hubble constant is DE in the FLRW equations, what do we replace it with ?

We can replace three different supernatural elements of LCDM with simple inelastic scattering in plasma as we observe in the lab. DM is easily replaced with ordinary plasma too. There's no need for any supernatural elements to explain what we observe in space.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well fo starters people who are christian, atheist, buddhist...etc all at times are unable to tell whats real or not.

Now I will say I find more and more that some christians aren't able to tell whats real. Not sure if its because they are so bubbled that they don't understand things. Or if they truly just don't know when something fake is in front of them. For example about 60% of christians I know listen to Alex Jones and believe EVERY word he says. Despite the fact that 98% of what he says never ends up happening. Hes fear mongering. Just as many believe the silly videos on you tube like the one about Monster energy drink is actually made by the devil or some weird nonsense like that.

I will say alot of this is due to technology. Between easy to fake photos and videos, its hard for many to tell what is real or not. Even with science issues. I seriously don't understand how anyone doesn't understand that climate change is real. I mean they have images of Antarctica over a period of decades showing how each year it freezes less and less and is shrinking at a fast rate. How can you deny that? Its as bad as those who think we never went to the moon or that 9/11 was staged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gene Parmesan

Apr 4, 2017
Earth
✟36,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well fo starters people who are christian, atheist, buddhist...etc all at times are unable to tell whats real or not.

Now I will say I find more and more that christians aren't able to tell whats real. Not sure if its because they are so bubbled that they don't understand things. Or if they truly just don't know when something fake is in front of them. For example about 60% of christians I know listen to Alex Jones and believe EVERY word he says. Despite the fact that 98% of what he says never ends up happening. Hes fear mongering. Just as many believe the silly videos on you tube like the one about Monster energy drink is actually made by the devil or some weird nonsense like that.

I will say alot of this is due to technology. Between easy to fake photos and videos, its hard for many to tell what is real or not. Even with science issues. I seriously don't understand how anyone doesn't understand that climate change is real. I mean they have images of Antarctica over a period of decades showing how each year it freezes less and less and is shrinking at a fast rate. How can you deny that? Its as bad as those who think we never went to the moon or that 9/11 was staged.
At one point I thought with greater access to information we'd be able to fact-check everything and better understand reality! But it turns that, for a lot of people, it is fuel for their confirmation biases as you can find "sources" that agree with any possible nonsense you can imagine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Sounds good ... I'd rather have a Republic than a Democracy.

North Korea is waiting to welcome you.

Not that I was aware that a country couldn't be both a republic and a democracy.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

However, such a redshift, which is not associated with expansion, could be observed with suitable spacecraft within our own Solar System in the future. Mr Lerner said."

Nuf said. We shall seek out a flat earther for his impartial opinion on the shape of he Earth, shall we?

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
However, such a redshift, which is not associated with expansion, could be observed with suitable spacecraft within our own Solar System in the future. Mr Lerner said."

Nuf said. We shall seek out a flat earther for his impartial opinion on the shape of he Earth, shall we?

Huh? He's suggesting that we might even be able to conduct experiments inside our own solar system to figure out if there is merit to the idea. The fact you don't agree with a *known* physical process as the cause (inelastic scattering) hardly makes it a "flat earth" concept.

Of course he's biased, just like everyone else on Earth. So what?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Of course he's biased, just like everyone else on Earth. So what?

So the self styled astrophysicist would be a lot more credible if he really was an astrophysicist, rather than a pop science writer.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
So the self styled astrophysicist would be a lot more credible if he really was an astrophysicist, rather than a pop science writer.

I love how you folks constantly resort to bashing on people when you can't find a problem with the paper. :)

Funny how all the mathematical models from all the Phd's came up empty in the lab, and somehow it's the fault of the pop-sci writer who also happens to be a researcher in plasma physics. Go figure.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I love how you folks constantly resort to bashing on people when you can't find a problem with the paper. :)

Funny how all the mathematical models from all the Phd's came up empty in the lab, and somehow it's the fault of the pop-sci writer who also happens to be a researcher in plasma physics. Go figure.

I must have missed it. Exactly when were General Relativity and Quantum Field Theory "discredited in the lab?" Being dissatisfied with "the mathematical approach" is just Mr Lerner's way of saying he couldn't hack it.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I must have missed it. Exactly when were General Relativity and Quantum Field Theory "discredited
Perhaps about 30 A.D. ......
Or maybe earlier, about 2100 B.C. .....
Or maybe earlier, close to 5800 B.C. .....

< shrugs > :)

God Knows....

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I must have missed it. Exactly when were General Relativity and Quantum Field Theory "discredited in the lab?"

Numerous dark matter mathematical models have been falsified in the lab at LHC, LUX, PandaX, AMDx, electron roundness 'tests', etc. What's the point of "testing" your claims if you refuse to take no for an answer?

Being dissatisfied with "the mathematical approach" is just Mr Lerner's way of saying he couldn't hack it.

Ye, except he showed *mathematically* why he rejected one claim and not the other.

Upvote 0