Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We've had high-tech weapons freely available for decades, and nobody's so much as hiccuped. You don't even need to know where to look. Why should we value our privacy more than our lives?
Which "high-tech weapons" are you referring to?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Which "high-tech weapons" are you referring to?

High-tech, low-tech, any tech you require. You may be missing the point. Life is cheap; since when has privacy been valuable?

As my conservative friends used to be so fond of pointing out, there is no "Right to privacy" enumerated in the Constitution. The Supreme Court (nominally no friends of our friends on the Right in this matter) "interpreted" such a right to privacy in their rulings of Griswold v Conneticut and Roe v Wade -- neither of which the Right is particularly happy about.

Now, of course, they're Social Justice Warriors insofar as "privacy" is concerned... I wonder how long that will last?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
High-tech, low-tech, any tech you require. You may be missing the point. Life is cheap; since when has privacy been valuable?
What high-tech weapons are you talking about that are "freely available"?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What high-tech weapons are you talking about that are "freely available"?

I admit it's a relative term... a semiautomatic rifle can be pretty "high tech," for example... you don't just cobble one of those together from spare parts.

Again, you're missing the point. From a strict Constitutionalist POV, you have to right to privacy anyway... so what's the problem?

(And yes, I can appreciate the irony of me of all people arguing a "strict Constitutionalist POV"... almost as much as the usual suspects abandoning it)

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
17201061_1971832986237728_9159720929509736850_n.jpg

:puff:Do you have any actual evidence he thinks that, or is this just a blind flame? I don't like Bannon, don't use BB, but from what I can tell he isn't racist. Even a lot of the alt-right aren't white supremacists but white nationalists, and are a result of the New Black Panthers, BLM, etc. groups. This is the sort of thing I warned you guys about years ago.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:puff:Do you have any actual evidence he thinks that, or is this just a blind flame? I don't like Bannon, don't use BB, but from what I can tell he isn't racist. Even a lot of the alt-right aren't white supremacists but white nationalists, and are a result of the New Black Panthers, BLM, etc. groups. This is the sort of thing I warned you guys about years ago.
What is the distinction between white supremacists and white nationalists?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
What is the distinction between white supremacists and white nationalists?

“White nationalism, as opposed to generic racism, is an ideology that calls for the creation of a homogenous white nation,” Hawley, who recently wrote a book on the subject, said. “Within that movement, people disagree on how this can be brought about, but they agree on that long-term goal. In this sense, white nationalists are far more extreme than ordinary conservatives when it comes to issues of race.”

The difference between 'alt-right' and 'neo-Nazi', explained

Another way to look at it is that New Black Panthers are black supremacists, while certain parts of BLM are black Nationalists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
A "flame" Rion? This is a meme regarding a very public figure, one whose words have meanings that over the years have made many believe he is indeed a racist.
Now it could be considered a "flame" if the meme was about a private citizen, or more specifically a member of these boards. But it isn't, is it?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
A "flame" Rion? This is a meme regarding a very public figure, one whose words have meanings that over the years have made many believe he is indeed a racist.
Now it could be considered a "flame" if the meme was about a private citizen, or more specifically a member of these boards. But it isn't, is it?

Nope, the rules have been updated to include anyone, public or private. I don't agree with it, but I don't make the rules. So, that being said, do you have evidence?

Upvote 0

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Nope, the rules have been updated to include anyone, public or private. I don't agree with it, but I don't make the rules. So, that being said, do you have evidence?
Well, seeing as how you have this feeling that you can "tell" that he isn't a racist, the rest of us have both his words and actions. As I've said before, go ahead and think what you want.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Well, seeing as how you have this feeling that you can "tell" that he isn't a racist, the rest of us have both his words and actions. As I've said before, go ahead and think what you want.

When did I say that I had a feeling? There's been plenty of people who came out and said that Bannon is not a racist. The person I chose, however, was someone who left BB due to the way Bannon started "aggressive editorializing" of the site, and is a repentant tabloid journalist who gave the FBI info about his employer, The Globe, committing bribery and information brokering. When I asked you for evidence, you deflected to it not being a flame, and then appealed to popularity. The worst I can find is a comment about whiny Jewish children from his ex-wife during a divorce.

Now, there's actual evidence that he treated said ex-wife very poorly and is a real piece of work. However, that does not make him a white supremacist or even a racist.

Upvote 0

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
When did I say that I had a feeling? There's been plenty of people who came out and said that Bannon is not a racist. The person I chose, however, was someone who left BB due to the way Bannon started "aggressive editorializing" of the site, and is a repentant tabloid journalist who gave the FBI info about his employer, The Globe, committing bribery and information brokering. When I asked you for evidence, you deflected to it not being a flame, and then appealed to popularity. The worst I can find is a comment about whiny Jewish children from his ex-wife during a divorce.

Now, there's actual evidence that he treated said ex-wife very poorly and is a real piece of work. However, that does not make him a white supremacist or even a racist.
"as far as I can tell" were your exact words. As far as I can tell I see he IS a racist. I see the whole Muslim ban as being his, and if you can't see stopping brown people from even "only" 7 countries as being racist then you will never grasp any understanding of just what racism is.

I have more important things to do than to pick nits with you or anyone else here, which is why I have been somewhat scarce recently. All I ask is that you dispose of them appropriately.

And always remember - It was YOU who singled out the meme I posted.

Carry on!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
"as far as I can tell" were your exact words. As far as I can tell I see he IS a racist. I see the whole Muslim ban as being his, and if you can't see stopping brown people from even "only" 7 countries as being racist then you will never grasp any understanding of just what racism is.

I have more important things to do than to pick nits with you or anyone else here, which is why I have been somewhat scarce recently. All I ask is that you dispose of them appropriately.

And always remember - It was YOU who singled out the meme I posted.

Carry on!

...so, no evidence then? :mmh:

Yes, as far as I can tell. I'm not sure how providing the testimony of someone who disagreed with Bannon on politics and his agenda at BB is just using my feelings. Ben Shapiro and Milo both came out and said he wasn't racist as well, although they are both more friendly to Bannon than my first source.

Anyhow, hope you have fun doing whatever you're busy with.:bye:

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“White nationalism, as opposed to generic racism, is an ideology that calls for the creation of a homogenous white nation,” Hawley, who recently wrote a book on the subject, said. “Within that movement, people disagree on how this can be brought about, but they agree on that long-term goal. In this sense, white nationalists are far more extreme than ordinary conservatives when it comes to issues of race.”
Not generic racism, but specific racism? However, Bannon has claimed to be "an economic nationalist" - would that make him a classist rather than a racist?

The difference between 'alt-right' and 'neo-Nazi', explained

Another way to look at it is that New Black Panthers are black supremacists, while certain parts of BLM are black Nationalists.
The NBP are black supremacists, but the main part of BLM is not black nationalist. Black Lives Matter [Too] is the main part even if certain non-black people read it as [Only] Black Lives Matter.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I admit it's a relative term... a semiautomatic rifle can be pretty "high tech," for example... you don't just cobble one of those together from spare parts.
So it's just a basic rifle with some scary looking parts on it. So not high tech at all.

Again, you're missing the point. From a strict Constitutionalist POV, you have to right to privacy anyway... so what's the problem?
You're asking what is my problem with the government violating my rights?

(And yes, I can appreciate the irony of me of all people arguing a "strict Constitutionalist POV"... almost as much as the usual suspects abandoning it)
It was expected that lots of people who held one view would instantly change them the moment a president of the other side took office. Happens all the time.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So it's just a basic rifle with some scary looking parts on it. So not high tech at all.

You were expecting a star-trek type phaser?

You're asking what is my problem with the government violating my rights?

What rights would those be?

It was expected that lots of people who held one view would instantly change them the moment a president of the other side took office. Happens all the time.

Just playing Devil's advocate, here.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh my gosh, look at that! The headline uses the words "wiretapped data"! Therefore Donald was right in his claim that Obama ("bad man or sick") ordered a wiretap on him, never you mind what the actual words in the article claim. :doh:

So what if the article didn't say anything of the kind? The word "wiretapped" was used! Who or what is irrelevant, the word is there.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.