Dorset
✟125,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m really struggling with my pain today. Nothing seems to helping. I missed church and missed lunch with my best friend because of it.

It probably doesn’t help that I’ve been active and played a lot of physical games with my son today which really took a toll, but I hate him missing out on things he loves because of something as stupid as my pain. And my sheer refusal to take any of my breakthrough painkillers around him in case they make me drowsy (even if I’m not alone with him, I don’t want to be zombie mum, and they usually don’t but I’m super paranoid) so I wait until he’s asleep. I know I am my own worst enemy but I find it so hard to put me above him. He’s too young to understand that mummy really needs a quiet day. A books and television and building blocks type of day and that tomorrow would be a better day for human climbing frame running around.

I saw my surgeon Thursday and he has plans for a procedure that might help but it’s very slow going. I’d really appreciate your prayers. Not just for less pain but to stop being such a nitwit about not doing things that would help me. :(

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I’m really struggling with my pain today. Nothing seems to helping. I missed church and missed lunch with my best friend because of it.

It probably doesn’t help that I’ve been active and played a lot of physical games with my son today which really took a toll, but I hate him missing out on things he loves because of something as stupid as my pain. And my sheer refusal to take any of my breakthrough painkillers around him in case they make me drowsy (even if I’m not alone with him, I don’t want to be zombie mum, and they usually don’t but I’m super paranoid) so I wait until he’s asleep. I know I am my own worst enemy but I find it so hard to put me above him. He’s too young to understand that mummy really needs a quiet day. A books and television and building blocks type of day and that tomorrow would be a better day for human climbing frame running around.

I saw my surgeon Thursday and he has plans for a procedure that might help but it’s very slow going. I’d really appreciate your prayers. Not just for less pain but to stop being such a nitwit about not doing things that would help me. :(
I pray for you for relief from your pain, and for strength of the Holy Spirit to fill you as you trust in Jesus, our wonderful Lord...

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
, but I hate him missing out on things he loves because of something as stupid as my pain.

And my sheer refusal to take any of my breakthrough painkillers around him in case they make me drowsy (even if I’m not alone with him, I don’t want to be zombie mum, and they usually don’t but I’m super paranoid) so I wait until he’s asleep. I know I am my own worst enemy but I find it so hard to put me above him. He’s too young to understand that mummy really needs a quiet day. A books and television and building blocks type of day and that tomorrow would be a better day for human climbing frame running around.

Pain is not stupid at all, not when you have to live with, but you also seem to be saying you are stupid for not dealing with it properly when in reality, you aren't doing too badly at all. You just have to find a happy medium there. I mean when the pain is so bad, you can't have quality time with your child, or even yourself, that can only make things worse, but I'm sure you know that, and will adjust things accordingly.

Let's just hope the surgery helps, and prayers too you.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

I'm sorry to hear about your pain. My wife takes painkillers around the clock, so I've seen something of what your going through. My wife also suffers the next day for doing something active on one of those 'not so bad' days. I encourage her to do it anyway if the joy of doing it is worth the suffering that follows. As long as she's careful not to worsen her condition.
Someday your son may realize your sacrifice and love you the more for it. May God use such trials to perfect our patience as we learn to depend on Him more and more.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You sound like the best mom in the world. It's great you're a role model for him. I'll pray for y'all, just remember to care for yourself. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The pain you are going through is not your fault, so you shouldn't put yourself down for that. God wants us all in health, as in scripture 111 John "Beloved I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers" Heavenly Father, I pray for this young mom who is giving up her comfort for her son and not taking medication to relieve pain while he is awake.. I pray that You will be her helper and her physician, that You will send her the relief and help that she needs to restore her to full health so she may spend quality time with her son without pain, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I too missed church and lunch with friends yesterday, due to my wife having the flu, and myself having battled a cough for weeks with her. Those friends then brought lunch to us and dropped it off. Wow!
Father, I pray for this lady and her son. I pray that You will help her "manage" both her thinking, and her pain, it the way You would have her do it. I pray for her healing, and for blessings that You see as the best thing for her and her son. May You supply her need, may You comfort her mind and body, may You bless the time these two spend together with love, joy, peace, and happiness, and may they be drawn oh so close to You because of it. Amen.

Upvote 0