Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, this discussion is supposed to be about pagan holidays mixing with Christian ones.
467 still doesn't address my question-was Jesus' soul created or not?
It is off topic. You can say 467 doesn't address the question -was Jesus soul created or not? It's plain that it does. Go on believing the human soul always was God. I just hope no one thinks it's a Catholic belief.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It is off topic. You can say 467 doesn't address the question -was Jesus soul created or not? It's plain that it does. Go on believing the human soul always was God. I just hope no one thinks it's a Catholic belief.
Nowhere did I say it was Catholic belief. I asked a question that exists in my mind, because the Hypostatic Union is MYSTERIOUS. We cannot express it in human terms. I wasn't discussing Catholic belief, I was discussing my internal question.
When I'm discussing Catholic belief, I always provide attribution.
I still don't know (nor does it, particularly matter to me) whether Christ's soul is eternal from the beginning or whether it was created. And I don't believe anyone here can tell me, definitively.
BTW, I didn't say I thought that the human soul is God, either, so you're just putting your spin on my question.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I still don't know (nor does it, particularly matter to me) whether Christ's soul is eternal from the beginning or whether it was created.
If Christ's soul is eternal then it is a divine and not human soul, and it should matter to you because if Christ did not assume a human soul in His incarnation then He did not heal our soul in His birth, death and resurrection and thus we have no hope of salvation. I don't think you comprehend the seriousness of your error.

• Agree
Reactions: Eloy Craft
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When you said it was uncreated.
I didn't say it was uncreated. I said I don't know how it was created. Sorry if you didn't get that.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If Christ's soul is eternal then it is a divine and not human soul, and it should matter to you because if Christ did not assume a human soul in His incarnation then He did not heal our soul in His birth, death and resurrection and thus we have no hope of salvation. I don't think you comprehend the seriousness of your error.
But then you folks don't think Mary was immaculately conceived. Not criticizing, just saying we have different POV. What I'm saying is that I don't know. And I'm happy to confess my unknowingness. I'll ask when I see my Maker.
For the record-I know Jesus had a soul. I'm not an Apollinarist. There are things that suggest it was a human soul that was created. Luke 2:42, for example shows it wasn't divine-it had to grow in knowledge. But again, why would Jesus have to wait until he was crucified and risen to send the Holy Spirit?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
But then you folks don't think Mary was immaculately conceived. Not criticizing, just saying we have different POV
We don't have different points of view, we have incompatible theology. Rome teaches differently to what she believed in the first millennum.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We don't have different points of view, we have incompatible theology. Rome teaches differently to what she believed in the first millennum.
Whatever. And actually, Rome CANNOT teach differently from what she believed in the first millenium.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
II didn't get that because that isn't what you said.

and
I guess you forgot the "could be wrong"? I'm very sorry I didn't word it to your liking, but that indicates that I'm not sure. I've looked all over the place the last couple of days and have not seen anything about whether it was created or not. Just that it is human. That doesn't declare created or uncreated, in my mind. That's why it REMAINS a question.
For the record: I believe, as my Church teaches, that Jesus has a soul, and that it is human.

But just as we know Mary is human and we believe God preserved her from sin, why could it not be believed that Jesus has a human soul that was not created, but begotten?
I'm done with this conversation, at least on here. The topic, if I recall correctly, is "Pagan holidays mixing with Christian ones". Let's get back to that.

Upvote 0

Mockingbird0

Mimus polyglottos
Feb 28, 2012
Between Broken Bow and Black Mesa
✟17,994.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
(Actually Western Easter is not often on the same date as Pascha. This year it falls on Palm Sunday, being a week before Pascha.)

No, your Easter falls on Low Sunday:)
moons2sm.jpg

Upvote 0