Pacifism Question

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I want to be an Anabaptist, but I am unsure about nonresistance. I feel that doctrine should be a personal conviction rather than the official belief of a Christian denomination. (Is denomination the right word for Anabaptists?)

How do Anabaptists explain Jesus driving out moneychangers wirh a whip or the Roman soldier who came to Jesus and Jesus never told him to give up his job?
It is about conviction. See how many disciples of Jesus in the NT WALKED AWAY from Jesus when "it got too hard for them" ? (most of His disciples apparently left Him, and He did NOTHING to try to persuade them to stay).

I've read, and expect it is true, based on several factors, mostly Scripture,
that Roman soldiers who got immersed in Jesus' Name
never used their sword or any weapon to hurt or kill any person again.
Sometimes , the same day they were immersed in Jesus' Name,
the soldier was executed for his faith because of this,
and they knew ahead of time they very well could be or would be.

See also Foxes Book of Martyrs, and Fifty Years in Church of Rome, for examples of non-resistance of true believers, even unto death. They preferred to die rather than deny Jesus, and they did die often, without resistance.
Perhaps there is more than one true example of this particular sacrifice ,
in Foxes Book of Martyrs
One young teen girl, stepped forward and died in the place of a man who caved in to the threat of death and renounced his faith.
She was immediately killed. He died miserably later.
Only sometimes, as in Scripture, they might flee (fleeing is sometimes permitted).

As Jesus said also - when they seek your life in one city, flee to the next. (most people don't understand this, because they don't stand up for the truth in a significant way - no one knows they are a Christian ! )

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Pacifism is a most difficult road to embrace. ... Having said that, I doubt very much that many Christians back then would have stood by and let the loved ones be raped or murdered.
Often the Christians did not have a choice.
Yet ( I think ) it is recorded they were slaughtered and offered no resistance.
Sometimes, perhaps, it was at first a difficult road to embrace,
but once the decision is made
willingly and joyfully putting YHWH'S KINGDOM FIRST (i.e. for the GOSPEL'S SAKE) , they were filled with peace and joy in abiding in the presence of YHWH'S SPIRIT.

The door to heaven is narrow and not many enter by it.
There are many good testimonies in Foxes Book of Martyrs
for those who have not had a chance to
personally know or to see
what happens when people follow the example of Y'SHUA and the disciples in SCRIPTURE.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jesus made no effort to convert the centurion when He healed his daughter and He sent Peter to a centurion to save he and his relatives.
QUOTE="yeshuaslavejeff, post: 69818565, member: 96665" I've read, and expect it is true, based on several factors, mostly Scripture,
that Roman soldiers who got immersed in Jesus' Name
never used their sword or any weapon to hurt or kill any person again.

Sometimes , the same day they were immersed in Jesus' Name,
the soldier was executed for his faith because of this,
and they knew ahead of time they very well could be or would be.

See also Foxes Book of Martyrs, and Fifty Years in Church of Rome, for examples of non-resistance of true believers, even unto death. They preferred to die rather than deny Jesus, and they did die often, without resistance. QUOTE

Upvote 0

Michael Snow

Sep 24, 2015
✟36,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Bollweevil
Upvote 0

Gregg Chapman

Sep 24, 2016
Plain City Ohio
✟15,417.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a Mennonite, and Mennonites are NOT Pacifists, they are NON-Resistant. There is a TREMENDOUS difference. Pacifists have a political agenda, against war, etc. It is nevertheless an agenda. Non-resistance on the other hand is personally yielding to the circumstances that God has placed you into. It is a relinquishing of your own will to God's will for you. In our culture, it is sometimes referred to as "gelassenheit" which literally means the state of having "let go". This includes not only issues such as military service, but also how to relate one on one to the extent that when an argument ensues it is time to become very quiet and wait on the Lord.

This also makes military service, etc. much easier to explain from a Biblical perspective. As a Christian, you are the citizen of a different Kingdom. The Kingdom of Heaven. When you became a Christian your allegiance and responses to things such as aggression changed completely, since you are a new creation in Christ Jesus. Does God raise powerful nations to accomplish His purpose? Yes! My role as a Christian, however, is to represent Christ and His love to all men.

I was not Mennonite when I became a Christian, but the Holy Spirit of God made it obvious to me that I had no right to determine the eternal destination of another person’s soul by taking their life. Non-resistance, on the other hand, is a learned behavior that is only possible through much prayer and practice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Caretaker

Jun 7, 2013
✟18,132.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
I am a Mennonite, and Mennonites are NOT Pacifists, they are NON-Resistant. There is a TREMENDOUS difference. Pacifists have a political agenda, against war, etc. It is nevertheless an agenda. Non-resistance on the other hand is personally yielding to the circumstances that God has placed you into. It is a relinquishing of your own will to God's will for you. In our culture, it is sometimes referred to as "gelassenheit" which literally means the state of having "let go". This includes not only issues such as military service, but also how to relate one on one to the extent that when an argument ensues it is time to become very quiet and wait on the Lord.

This also makes military service, etc. much easier to explain from a Biblical perspective. As a Christian, you are the citizen of a different Kingdom. The Kingdom of Heaven. When you became a Christian your allegiance and responses to things such as aggression changed completely, since you are a new creation in Christ Jesus. Does God raise powerful nations to accomplish His purpose? Yes! My role as a Christian, however, is to represent Christ and His love to all men.

I was not Mennonite when I became a Christian, but the Holy Spirit of God made it obvious to me that I had no right to determine the eternal destination of another person’s soul by taking their life. Non-resistance, on the other hand, is a learned behavior that is only possible through much prayer and practice.

The term "pacifist" means many things to many people, as does "nonresistant". I know Mennonites who have no problem whatsoever with war, supporting war, or supporting those who advocate and wage war, all the while claiming they are "nonresistant". They just won't personally participate in war. They back this with what I consider to be a perversion of Romans 13.

If "nonresistance" is "... yielding to the circumstances that God has placed you into", why not yield to the draft (when the US had compulsory military service)? Interestingly, that was Martin Luther's approach in his "Two Kingdom" theology.

While today all too many Brethren are falling away from the teachings of Jesus, The Church of the Brethren historically has taken a unique approach among the various denominations that call themselves "Christian" that is true to Christ's teachings in the Sermon on the Mount (Luke 6 sand Matthew 5-7). While for many decades the Church of the Brethren has formally declared that "All war is sin", their understanding that all war is sin goes back to their founding in 1708.

But the Brethren statement that "All war is sin" is not meant to imply that God sinned in the Old Testament when he called the Israelis to war. While there are those in recent history (such as George W. Bush) who have claimed that God called them to wage war, it is important to note the difference between how God led the Israelis into war in the Old Testament, ensuring the Israelis went to war against overwhelming odds so that it was clear to all that it was God who was fighting for them, and the modern day George W. Bush "shock and awe" approach to war which uses overwhelming force against a comparatively defenseless "enemy". While a "David against Goliath" style war does not necessarily ensure that God is on David's side, the Old Testament makes it clear that when God did use his people to wage war he made it clear that it was God who was doing the fighting by victories that required miracles like the collapse of the walls of Jericho and the flight of tens of thousands of soldiers when a few men blew their trumpets. But this was all Old Testament.

Christ has given a new commandment, not only to "love one another", but also to love and do good to our enemies (John 13:34, Luke 6:27-36, Matthew 5:38-48, Romans 12:9-21, 1 John 2).

The polemics between the teachings of Jesus and the governments of this world are made clear by the definition of treason in the US Constitution of "giving aid and comfort" to the enemy (Article III Section 3), while Jesus commands us:

"Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." -- Luke 6:27-36

And Jesus makes clear he means what he says by also telling us in John 14:23-24, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."

And Jesus by his words in Matthew 7:21-23 also makes it clear that there will be many imposters who refuse to do what Jesus commands while claiming to be Christian:
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’"

See also Matthew 7:24-27 (the parable of building your house on sand versus rock) and Luke 10:25-37 (the parable of the Good Samaritan).

But neither are true Christians pacifists. They are indeed warriors for God, but they do not fight with the weapons of this world, but instead use the spiritual weapons of God.

Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.” -- John 18:36

And:
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." -- Ephesians 6:10-18

See here for an online readable version of The Church of the Brethren and War, 1708-1941 by Rufus D. Bowman: Full text of "The Church of the Brethren and war, 1708-1941"

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Snow
Upvote 0

Gregg Chapman

Sep 24, 2016
Plain City Ohio
✟15,417.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The term "pacifist" means many things to many people, as does "nonresistant". I know Mennonites who have no problem whatsoever with war, supporting war, or supporting those who advocate and wage war, all the while claiming they are "nonresistant". They just won't personally participate in war. They back this with what I consider to be a perversion of Romans 13.

If "nonresistance" is "... yielding to the circumstances that God has placed you into", why not yield to the draft (when the US had compulsory military service)? Interestingly, that was Martin Luther's approach in his "Two Kingdom" theology.

While today all too many Brethren are falling away from the teachings of Jesus, The Church of the Brethren historically has taken a unique approach among the various denominations that call themselves "Christian" that is true to Christ's teachings in the Sermon on the Mount (Luke 6 sand Matthew 5-7). While for many decades the Church of the Brethren has formally declared that "All war is sin", their understanding that all war is sin goes back to their founding in 1708.

But the Brethren statement that "All war is sin" is not meant to imply that God sinned in the Old Testament when he called the Israelis to war. While there are those in recent history (such as George W. Bush) who have claimed that God called them to wage war, it is important to note the difference between how God led the Israelis into war in the Old Testament, ensuring the Israelis went to war against overwhelming odds so that it was clear to all that it was God who was fighting for them, and the modern day George W. Bush "shock and awe" approach to war which uses overwhelming force against a comparatively defenseless "enemy". While a "David against Goliath" style war does not necessarily ensure that God is on David's side, the Old Testament makes it clear that when God did use his people to wage war he made it clear that it was God who was doing the fighting by victories that required miracles like the collapse of the walls of Jericho and the flight of tens of thousands of soldiers when a few men blew their trumpets. But this was all Old Testament.

Christ has given a new commandment, not only to "love one another", but also to love and do good to our enemies (John 13:34, Luke 6:27-36, Matthew 5:38-48, Romans 12:9-21, 1 John 2).

The polemics between the teachings of Jesus and the governments of this world are made clear by the definition of treason in the US Constitution of "giving aid and comfort" to the enemy (Article III Section 3), while Jesus commands us:

"Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." -- Luke 6:27-36

And Jesus makes clear he means what he says by also telling us in John 14:23-24, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."

And Jesus by his words in Matthew 7:21-23 also makes it clear that there will be many imposters who refuse to do what Jesus commands while claiming to be Christian:
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’"

See also Matthew 7:24-27 (the parable of building your house on sand versus rock) and Luke 10:25-37 (the parable of the Good Samaritan).

But neither are true Christians pacifists. They are indeed warriors for God, but they do not fight with the weapons of this world, but instead use the spiritual weapons of God.

Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.” -- John 18:36

And:
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." -- Ephesians 6:10-18

See here for an online readable version of The Church of the Brethren and War, 1708-1941 by Rufus D. Bowman: Full text of "The Church of the Brethren and war, 1708-1941"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregg Chapman

Sep 24, 2016
Plain City Ohio
✟15,417.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Caretaker,
Thank you for an elegant, in depth and Biblically based response. I agree that Mennonites (or for the most part all Anabaptists) are not Pacifists. Regarding yielding to the circumstances that you find yourself in with the selective service (for example), I would think that taking part in that process would violate scripture in areas other than Romans Chapter 13. I believe the scripture is saying that we are to be subject to governing authorities only to the extent that it does not violate God's commandments. God does indeed us people to wage war, but as you pointed out, it is always obvious that God is the one doing the fighting.

If His Kingdom were of this world, He could conceivably ask us to fight. This is another difficult point for many Christians. If God's Kingdom is here, now, as opposed to being ushered in someday, does that change God's expectations regarding the topic at hand? In looking at the entire body of scripture, I do not see God's commandment to fight. Quite the contrary. I personally will ask someone to clarify what they mean when they use the phrase "for the advancement of God's Kingdom". God's Kingdom, our Kingdom, is not here now. He will establish it when He returns.

Until that blessed time, I wish to be obedient to His Word, ALL of His Word first, and governing authorities second.

Blessings to you Brother - Gregg

• Agree
Reactions: keembo
Upvote 0

keembo

Jun 23, 2014
✟15,604.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

The real problem with the above statement from Romans is that it isn't fully explained. While Paul may have been referring to Jews and Rome, let us remember that Rome killed plenty of of folks for "whatever" reason they felt. Even Paul didn't follow his own writings, as when told to shut his trap about Jesus by authorities, instead he kept telling the Jesus story in direct disobedience to authorities he claims are God's authority for good. Personally, I think reading Romans 12 before 13 is essential. Also, following Jesus direct commands to love one's enemies, pray for those who persecute you and do good to those who hate you are commands by God himself..Not Paul. IMO, our call is to be faithful to Jesus' commands. Most of our desire to "get the enemy" comes from "Fear." Yet we are told by Jesus to "Fear not." We are of another kingdom. Violence doesn't belong. God's peace and blessings to you all in your strive to be faithful.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The real problem with the above statement from Romans is that it isn't fully explained. While Paul may have been referring to Jews and Rome, let us remember that Rome killed plenty of of folks for "whatever" reason they felt. Even Paul didn't follow his own writings, as when told to shut his trap about Jesus by authorities, instead he kept telling the Jesus story in direct disobedience to authorities he claims are God's authority for good. Personally, I think reading Romans 12 before 13 is essential. Also, following Jesus direct commands to love one's enemies, pray for those who persecute you and do good to those who hate you are commands by God himself..Not Paul. IMO, our call is to be faithful to Jesus' commands. Most of our desire to "get the enemy" comes from "Fear." Yet we are told by Jesus to "Fear not." We are of another kingdom. Violence doesn't belong. God's peace and blessings to you all in your strive to be faithful.
I understand this is not a debate forum and so I refrain from responding.

Upvote 0

Michael Snow

Sep 24, 2015
✟36,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have not been here in awhile. Just came back for some feedback. Designing a book page and would like critique...Not sure what to think of the title I gave it. Main purpose for this page is to make others aware of the book's availability, still, and maybe use this link to advertise on Christian sites. Any comments, ideas, appreciated, esp. pointing out what needs to be better or changed. I could use a different template if this one is not appealing.
http://wix.to/boC-AA4 This is a preview page (not published) .

Upvote 0

Michael Snow

Sep 24, 2015
✟36,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Rom 13 must be read in conjunction with Rom 12, otherwise it is completely distorted. Paul wrote a letter not chapters (the numbers did not exist in the first Millennium). Romans “13” In Context

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I have not been here in awhile. Just came back for some feedback. Designing a book page and would like critique...Not sure what to think of the title I gave it. Main purpose for this page is to make others aware of the book's availability, still, and maybe use this link to advertise on Christian sites. Any comments, ideas, appreciated, esp. pointing out what needs to be better or changed. I could use a different template if this one is not appealing
.xxxxxxxxxxxx This is a preview page (not published) .

I tried the link.... it said basically "we looked for the page and couldn't find it" ....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Moses killed and he suffered consequences (exile), but yet he had a very close relationship with God, was key in fulfilling God's purpose, and yet God still would not allow him into the promised land because he had killed someone.
.... Shalom !
Just surfing thru posts I hadn't read before.
Did anyone correct this ? (I didn't see all but searched)

YHWH never reprimanded MOSES for killing the Egyptian as far as I know. Never said it was wrong at all. Never said it was sin at all.

YHWH did not let MOSES go into the PROMISED LAND FLOWING with milk and honey because MOSES mis-represented YHWH by hitting a stone with a stick instead of just speaking to it. (paraphrased/look up) :) .... MOSES was in view of all YHWH'S people, and gave a very wrong impression (or committed a sudden (wilfull?) act by his action, Perhaps the most costly act of MOSES' LIFE?! (remember though, MOSES appears later with GOD in the NEW TESTAMENT, so he is so perfectly in GOD'S PLAN and extremely generously greatly BLESSED BY GOD ! ....) ..

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
For similar reasons many Anabaptists won't even work for an employer that is not Anabaptist,
Very good testimony and truth often missed everywhere.
It is sometimes , or may be, difficult to find a job or work because so many 'employers' are wicked, dishonest greedy, hurtful and greedy.(yes, twice greedy).
But YHWH the CREATOR by faith in JESUS provides all that is needed as we look to HIM and rely and trust HIM, instead of going by man's way of thinking.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE=]Of course, if Christ doesn't empower us, then we cannot help but allow our flesh to protect its interests.[/QUOTE
Jesus never abandons His sheep nor leaves us without provisions and strength to resist evil and to not sin. As He Provides we are walking in the spirit, and not in the flesh, and we make no provision for the flesh, even though we go hungry , get tortured, and arrested and put to death. (we may flee, if God provides a way out of town ! (as written:if they seek your life in one city, FLEE TO THE NEXT) ) ....
=================================
QUOTE=WhitherWhist]I believe all forms of violence are opposed to the teachings of Christ, even if it can be justified by human invention.
Who would Jesus shoot, hit or bomb?

Instead, we are supposed to do GOOD things for our enemies, pray for them, feed, them, lend them money, make sure we consider their well-being as well as our own. There is no form of military service that seeks to be kind to the enemy. It is impossible to rationalize killing another human being while following the teachings of Christ.
[/QUOTE

Amein.

===================================
QUOTE="Caretaker"]And recall that God used the Babylonians as an instrument of his justice against the disobedient Israelites. The Babylonians were doing God's will. But I see no indication that the Babylonians' destruction of Jerusalem earned them a place in heaven.[/QUOTE

Correct - in fact, the countries that God used to punish Israel, then were punished by God for coming against Israel, in God's Perfect Justice and Keeping HIS WORD! (to curse anyone who comes against Israel - HE still does this TODAY, as always, HIS WAY(not man's) )

====================================
QUOTE=]The centurion was commended for his faith, not for being a centurion. Since "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23) I am sure there were many things in the centurion's life, as with all our lives, that were sinful in nature. Because Jesus commended the centurion for his faith we cannot assume that all other aspects of his life, including his profession, were in accordance with the will of God.[/QUOTE

Ooooops.... no, the centurion was righteous. Read the full account of him in SCRIPTURE.
Likewise, the full description of the lives of believers in the NT. We are to live righteous lives, not full of sin, not willfully sinning.
Jesus trained the disciples then , and expects today, disciples to live righteous lives in accordance with the will of God, every day.
IF we stumble, God does not cast us down, but upholds us with the STRENGTH OF HIS RIGHT HAND(Y'SHUA(JESUS))...

"THE MIND OF CHRIST" in the quote below,.... in God's Plan and in SCRIPTURE ----
We seek and have in HIM , the mind of Christ.

------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE="Caretaker"]The notion that one's own conscience must dictate one's own actions is not of God. Deciding to follow Christ means dying to oneself, being crucified with Christ, and living in Christ (Romans 6-8). It is the mind of Christ that his disciples seek - and have (1 Corinthians 2:16).[/QUOTE

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
In sticky situations where people were trying to apprehend Him before the appointed time, Jesus fled. Jesus often did not walk around alone either though.
< SMILE > Jesus "walked through the middle of the crowd"
both
when they wanted to CROWN HIM<
and when they wanted to kill HIM<
but JESUS never counted on "not walking alone", nor on the (so-called as if anything) "STRENGTH" of men, rather trusted ABBA
as YHWH ABBA closed their eyes - they did not see HIM walk right through the midst of them....
and the angels blinded the aggressors at Lot's door also - literally blinded them so they could see nothing.

So also YHWH knows how to deliver all those who trust in HIM, who love HIM, and who keep HIS TORAH, and are called according to HIS purpose.

Upvote 0