Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We all read the news. We all read this site. We're all aware of the number of officials and states who sided with Texas. You're not making us aware of anything.

The lawsuit was stupid. TX's position was stupid. The fact that 1/3 of the states signed on shows just how desperate and pitiful the current state of the Republican party is.
A lawsuit against States ignoring the laws instituted to regulate the election process is stupid.

Gotcha....

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A lawsuit against States ignoring the laws instituted to regulate the election process is stupid.
The federal government has little say in how states conduct their elections. One state has no say how another state runs their elections. It is up to the individual states to decide for themselves what is and not legal in regards to their elections. No state has "ignored" the law. Using PA as an example, all the issues TX brought up about PA had already been adjudicated in state (and federal in cases) court. If the PA supreme court says "yes, state law allows elections to operate this way", TX can't say PA was wrong, nor is the SCOTUS going to step in on the issue unless there's an overriding federal law.

The SCOTUS opinion was essentially "Mind your own business"

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,884.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Our great and honorable President Trump's team hasn't counted on the Texas suit, and had continued their investigations into voter fraud.
Jokes apart about "great and honorable", if he didn't count on the Texas case why did he tweet:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1337195587771510784
19 states are fighting for us, almost unheard of support!
And:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1337202242290671617
Tremendous support from all over the Country. All we ask is COURAGE & WISDOM from those that will be making one of the most important decisions in our Country’s history. God bless you!
And:
If the Supreme Court shows great Wisdom and Courage, the American People will win perhaps the most important case in history, and our Electoral Process will be respected again!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1337494507756072961
Yep, he really, really, really didn't count on the Texas case.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The federal government has little say in how states conduct their elections. One state has no say how another state runs their elections. It is up to the individual states to decide for themselves what is and not legal in regards to their elections. No state has "ignored" the law. Using PA as an example, all the issues TX brought up about PA had already been adjudicated in state (and federal in cases) court. If the PA supreme court says "yes, state law allows elections to operate this way", TX can't say PA was wrong, nor is the SCOTUS going to step in on the issue unless there's an overriding federal law.

The SCOTUS opinion was essentially "Mind your own business"
I could care less about who is President. God has a plan regardless.
They broke the law. Their own law regardless how small one perceives it they were wrong. They need to be held accountable. And a precedent needs set so it does not happen again.

Take care.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They broke the law.
No, no they did not. The issues in question have been adjudicated in the highest courts that can hear them. They have not broken the law. The opinions have been unanimous through all levels of courts with justices of varying political ideologies. You are wrong.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, no they did not. The issues in question have been adjudicated in the highest courts that can hear them. They have not broken the law. You are wrong.
Yep the court system has always adjudicated correctly and unbiasedly..

Take care

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh spare me. I will take the (near?) unanimous opinion of the justices of every layer of the court system, both state and federal, and varying political ideologies over your opinion. You are wrong. Trump lost. There was nothing illegal about the election. Stop whining. Get over it. I'm done.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh spare me. I will take the (near?) unanimous opinion of the justices of every layer of the court system, both state and federal, and varying political ideologies over your opinion. You are wrong. Trump lost. There was nothing illegal about the election. Stop whining. Get over it. I'm done.
"oh spare me.... stop whining... get over it"? Manners please.

I will take the proof in what I read; the evidence presented to said courts.

I have no doubt President Trump lost. The voting irregularities need to be addressed so they do not happen again is the issue.

Take care

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Take care
It’s always correct and unbiased when it goes Trump’s way...

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"oh spare me.... stop whining... get over it"? Manners please.

I will take the proof in what I read; the evidence presented to said courts.

I have no doubt President Trump lost. The voting irregularities need to be addressed so they do not happen again is the issue.

Take care
Then your side might now consider that a viable case has to be presented before a remedy can be expected. Your guys had it butt backwards. No shortcuts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then your side might now consider that a viable case has to be presented before a remedy can be expected. Your guys had it butt backwards. No shortcuts.
My side? lol

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
great and honorable President Trump

LOL!

Oh man, you know the Trump-worshipping has gone too far when his disciples are starting to sound like North Korean news anchors.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker

Take care
You know, if it were just a few judges that went against Trump, or only the Democrats, or something, then I might give you some leeway.

But even the Republican judges threw out Trump’s stuff. Even the ones he himself handpicked.

That much agreement should tell you something. At that point, it should be obvious the problem isn’t with the judges, but the arguments being presented to them and the people doing said presenting.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I could care less about who is President. God has a plan regardless.
They broke the law. Their own law regardless how small one perceives it they were wrong. They need to be held accountable. And a precedent needs set so it does not happen again.

Take care.
Actually they followed their own laws. There were no "broken laws". The lawsuit would have failed in that regard as well. At least in the case of Pennsylvania. The changes their followed their constitution. They also followed the U.S. Constitution. The suit was idiotic and wrong on several levels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Yes.

Find and use the ignore feature—liberally and with glee—and everything will be right as rain. Trust me on this.

Obviously, the best way to have good discussions on a "Discussion and Debate" forum is to ignore anyone who disagrees with you.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Supreme Court let the People down.
M

It let the seditious sore losers down. It upheld the honest people. And it even has a conservative majority.

Upvote 0