Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We need more taxes. Take more money from those that earn it, and give it to those
that won't earn it.

How about shifting money giveaways to teaching and training to do a job. Showing these "poor" people how to become a prosperous citizen, rather then hand feeding them money.
Mandatory volunteering, will earn experience. Mandatory trianing would offer these people jobs.
Why make people become criminals before we let them have free or reduced college
courses?

"Give the person a fish he eats for a meal, teach them to fish and they eat for a lifetime."

I don't mind people wanting a peice of the pie, but I am totally against hand feeding them their portion.

Reactions: Vylo
Upvote 0

tollytee

Feb 19, 2005
Sun Valley, Nevada
✟1,910.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Good job, Congress. The Estate 'Death' tax is immoral and should be repealed. It's not enough that Seagulls and his buddies want to take everything you have ever earned and give it to someone else, they also want to confisate everything else you have built up to leave your children and use it to pay for condoms and hypodermic needles for addicts.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How about shifting money giveaways to teaching and training to do a job. Showing these "poor" people how to become a prosperous citizen, rather then hand feeding them money.
Mandatory volunteering, will earn experience. Mandatory trianing would offer these people jobs.

Why make people become criminals before we let them have free or reduced college
courses?

"Give the person a fish he eats for a meal, teach them to fish and they eat for a lifetime."

I don't mind people wanting a peice of the pie, but I am totally against hand feeding them their portion

Look everyone! THIS is social welfare! Handouts are not. THIS is what deomcrats should be pushing for.

Upvote 0

Gaston

The Revealing Science of God
Mar 1, 2005
✟938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Greens
It may be better to be poorer in Norway than in the US, but the American homeless live like kings compared to third world nation poor.

And up here it's just cold. Social assistance instructs our poor people on how to build an igloo for really cheap...

Ok that was a bad one, but seriously. Our poor people are well fed, have a shelter that's never full to go sleep in if they want to, and are reasonably treated well by charities. Can't say the same for American poor, but I know if they really wanted, I mean if they were of right mind and things got SUPER bad, they'd have somewhere to go, a church, a hospital or something, somewhere.

Third world nations simply don't have that "luxery".

Gaston

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mongoose

So it goes.
Jan 17, 2004
Minnesota
✟17,244.00
Faith
Atheist

I like this idea. Rather than just giving them the money, use the money to educate them. It's humane, and does not involve the problems that the current welfare system has.

I just wonder what you mean by "mandatory." Do you mean we should downright enforce it upon them (which I disagree with), or do you mean that the education is mandatory in order for them to obtain support (which I do agree with).

Upvote 0