✟589,929.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OUR INHERITANCE IS WHERE?

There is a view that the Body of Christ is also a bride and will go to the New Jerusalem. It would be good to discuss that view.

Personally, I believe and was taught that -

1.The Body of Christ will rule with Christ in the third heaven.

2.The Old Testament saints, who looked for a city, will go to the New Jerusalem.

Look forward to discussing this important topic.

Marilyn.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟589,929.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The New Jerusalem will come down out of heaven to the new earth.
This is where the just will go out to look at the wicked in the lake of fire at specific times on the new earth. shown in Isaiah 66 at the end of the chapter

Revelation 21 shows John speaking with one of the angels which had a full vial. It is not then time though to pour out the vial. Just like the seven trumpets story location is not the time to actually sound the trumpets, but only to clearly identify what set of angels showed up.

Hi vinsight4u,

Thank you for your reply. Now has you realised that Isaiah: 24 refers to Israel looking at the corpses in the millennium. The Lord talks about a new heavens and new earth however that is after the millennium.

Now the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven to above the earth, as all the nations will walk in its light. Thus the earth revolves around beneath it.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟589,929.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The church...the just still also alive at the time of the new earth being found - will inherit the kingdom of God.

Hi vinsight4u,

And what scripture shows you that the Body of Christ will be on the new earth?

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

There is a view that the Body of Christ is also a bride and will go to the New Jerusalem. It would be good to discuss that view.

2.The Old Testament saints, who looked for a city, will go to the New Jerusalem.

Marilyn.

When Jesus returns, the dead in Christ are resurrected and the saved that are alive will both be going to the New Jerusalem in heaven to be with Christ for 1000 years.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe_3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

The wicked remain dead for the 1000 years. This whole earth is destroyed at His coming and becomes Satan's empty, bottomless pit for those 1000 years. After that the wicked are resurrected---and after they try to take over the heavenly city as it descends from heaven---they are destroyed in the lake of fire.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Then the earth is remade and the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven and we all will be on this earth forever with Christ.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

• Agree
Reactions: eleos1954
Upvote 0

DonaRosita

Feb 16, 2019
Richmond
✟7,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Divorced

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟289,701.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A nation that bears the proper fruit: Matthew 21:43

Who are the "legitimate heirs" of God's promises? They are people, from every tribe, race, nation and language, saved by His power and grace, who will occupy all of the holy Land in the last days. They are the people of God who will be there when the Anti-Christ briefly takes over the new nation of Beulah:

Daniel 7:25 He will defy the Most High and conquer His holy people….. Zechariah 14:1-2

Revelation 13:7 The Beast was allowed to wage war on God’s people and to defeat them………. Revelation 12:13

I'm reluctant to refer to them as "Righteous Christians" or the "Israel of God", because both of these terms "Christians" and "Israel" have become corrupted by too much sin among too many of their respective communities. Christians can be anyone who enters a church and Israel is usurped by the Jewish State.

Paul doesn't cite either term in his comments about this matter in Ephesians 2:11-22. He refers to this new unified "body" of "reconciled" individuals, who are either Jews or Gentiles, as "members of the household of God" (vs 19), or as they are identified in other texts as "the people of God" or as the "sons of the Living God".

Paul makes it clear in several texts that God is bringing together a new group of "righteous" individuals to whom God will give His promised blessings.

Isaiah 51:1-2 Listen to me, all you who keep the Laws of God, all you who seek Him and who follow righteousness. Remember the quarry you were hewn from, your spiritual origin, Abraham is your father and Sarah gave you birth. When God called him, he was but one, God blessed him and now his righteous seed are many.

Romans 2:29 The person who belongs to God is not outwardly a Jew, physically circumcised, but one who is spiritually circumcised of the heart……

One term that could be used to refer to this new body of people, is Nazarenes. That word is used extensively in the Middle east for Christians and it means : the set apart ones or the people dedicated to God. But God will give them an new name: Isaiah 62:1-5, Beulah, meaning ‘the Lord will delight in you’.

The very many prophesies God has made about His people living in peace and security in all of that area given so long ago to Abraham and his seed, have never been fulfilled. They will be, God will not forget His Land: Isaiah 49:14-16 it is inscribed onto His hands…. or His righteous people, Isaiah 65:9 I will give heirs to the Patriarchs, My chosen ones will take possession of the Land and those who serve Me will live there.

THIS is the next great promise we look forward to, fulfilling our destiny of being the people of God and is what we Christians have been chosen and prepared for:

Isaiah 49:8, These are the Words of the Lord: In the time of My favour, I will answer your call, Acts 2:21, and protect you. I formed you and destined you to be a light for the nations, restoring the Land and living in its now desolate areas.

Isaiah 43:10 You are My witnesses, you are My servants chosen by Me. To believe in Me and to know that I am God.

Isaiah 43:19-21 Behold, I shall do new things, they will happen. I will make a way through the desert and water for My people to drink. This people I have prepared for Myself and they will proclaim My glory. Isaiah 35:1-10

Jeremiah 33:10-12 See this Land, it lies in ruins without people or animals. [This is how the entire Middle East will be after the devastation of the Lord’s Day of fiery wrath] Yet in this place will once more be heard to sounds of joy and gladness, of bride and bridegroom, of voices shouting: Praise to the Lord God, for His love endures forever….

Then, all that is prophesied to occur before the glorious Return of Jesus must happen and it will be the survivors of Beulah who will greet Jesus as He comes for His Millennial reign.

Ref: logostelos.info

Upvote 0

DonaRosita

Feb 16, 2019
Richmond
✟7,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Divorced
Psalm 37:9,11,22,29 said we will inherit the earth and will live forever in it.Isaiah 60:21
We will inherit the Kingdom of God, said 1 Corintians6:10 and Galatians 5:21
Revelation 12:10, We are waiting for the Kingdom of God.Revelation 11:15 said all the kingdoms of the earth will become property of Jesus and He will reign forever.Luke 1:33
Exodus 15:18, Psalm 146:10, Jeremiah 23:5, Miqueas4:7, prophecies about the Mesiah as king.
Hebrew 11: 10,16(Said they hoped for a city made by God, not from this earth but celestial)Hebrew 12:22 Hebrew 13:14
We will inherit eternal life, said Jesus in
Psalm 133:3, Daniel 12:2, Mathew 19:29, Mathew25:46 Luke 18:30, John 3:15-16.

• Agree
Reactions: eleos1954
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟355,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Marilyn.
This world and everything in it is going to be destroyed - our inheritance is Christ.

What could possibly compare? Every Christian has reason to jump up and down in praise and joy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DonaRosita

Feb 16, 2019
Richmond
✟7,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Divorced
Well, in Genesis chapters 1,2,3 we lost all, we almost died, but Jesus took our penalty, but allowed the results of sin to go on because this planet become Satan dominion and he did said so in Job 1, Mathew 4 in the temptation of Jesus, Jesus said so in John 12:31, Efesians 6:12, 1John 5:19, 2 Corintians 4:4 and in Revelation 20,21,22 we recuperate all we lost: eternal life, tree of life, the earth purified and recreated, and God is moving with us to live with us forever, we are now His family, the city of Jerusalem is coming down to earth, 1500 square miles.

Upvote 0

DonaRosita

Feb 16, 2019
Richmond
✟7,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Divorced
Well, in Genesis chapters 1,2,3 we lost all, we almost died, but Jesus took our penalty, but allowed the results of sin to go on because this planet become Satan dominion and he did said so in Job 1, Mathew 4 in the temptation of Jesus, Jesus said so in John 12:31, Efesians 6:12, 1John 5:19, 2 Corintians 4:4 and in Revelation 20,21,22 we recuperate all we lost: eternal life, tree of life, the earth purified and recreated, and God is moving with us to live with us forever, we are now His family, the city of Jerusalem is coming down to earth, 1500 square miles.
I forgot to said that Genesis 3:15 is fulfill in Revelation 20, when Satan and his angels are destroyed ( the seed of the woman is crashing his head) Malachi 4, Ezekiel 28:14-19.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟589,929.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for replying. I see some think the earth, while others the New Jerusalem.

I do notice that most of the scriptures given, are to Israel. Now when we read a newspaper do we think it is all about us? No! So it is with God`s word, we look to see whom God is speaking to.

Dona Rosita mentioned 2 scriptures given to the Body of Christ. Well done. And those mentioned the `kingdom of God.` So from there we need to see what part of God`s great kingdom is our inheritance.

Let`s see what God says to the Body of Christ.

Our inheritance, our hope, our place, our citizenship, all of which are IN HEAVEN.

`...to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.` (1 Peter 1: 4 )

` ...because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of truth..`(Col. 1: 5)

` ...and raised us up together and made to sit in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.`(Eph. 2: 6)

` For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly await for the saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 3: 20)

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟289,701.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for replying. I see some think the earth, while others the New Jerusalem.

I do notice that most of the scriptures given, are to Israel. Now when we read a newspaper do we think it is all about us? No! So it is with God`s word, we look to see whom God is speaking to.

Dona Rosita mentioned 2 scriptures given to the Body of Christ. Well done. And those mentioned the `kingdom of God.` So from there we need to see what part of God`s great kingdom is our inheritance.

Let`s see what God says to the Body of Christ.

Our inheritance, our hope, our place, our citizenship, all of which are IN HEAVEN.

`...to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.` (1 Peter 1: 4 )

` ...because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of truth..`(Col. 1: 5)

` ...and raised us up together and made to sit in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.`(Eph. 2: 6)

` For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly await for the saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 3: 20)

Marilyn.
I completely disagree with your premises.
There is a physical Israel and there is a Spiritual Israel. One is the Jewish State of Israel, who have no 'inside track' with God, they rely on their own strength for survival.
The other is the Israel of God, the Overcomers for Him and His Victorious ones. We see them in each of the 7 Churchs of Revelation. The faithfull Christian people from every tribe, race nation and language. Soon to be gathered, as seen by John in Revelation 7:9

Going to heaven? The Bible never says that God will take His people to live in heaven. Even Ephesians 2:6 does not say the Disciples actually went to heaven then. Spiritually, yes, but physically never and Jesus reinforces that in John 3:13, John 7:34, John 17:15, Revelation 5:10, +
We have the Great Commission, Matthew 28:19, nowhere is that rescinded until Jesus Returns.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟589,929.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I completely disagree with your premises.
There is a physical Israel and there is a Spiritual Israel. One is the Jewish State of Israel, who have no 'inside track' with God, they rely on their own strength for survival.
The other is the Israel of God, the Overcomers for Him and His Victorious ones. We see them in each of the 7 Churchs of Revelation. The faithfull Christian people from every tribe, race nation and language. Soon to be gathered, as seen by John in Revelation 7:9

Going to heaven? The Bible never says that God will take His people to live in heaven. Even Ephesians 2:6 does not say the Disciples actually went to heaven then. Spiritually, yes, but physically never and Jesus reinforces that in John 3:13, John 7:34, John 17:15, Revelation 5:10, +
We have the Great Commission, Matthew 28:19, nowhere is that rescinded until Jesus Returns.

Hi keras,

I think you have not looked closely at the scriptures I posted.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟289,701.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi keras,

I think you have not looked closely at the scriptures I posted.

Marilyn.
Nothing in the Bible says that God will take His Church to heaven.
Our citizenship and our rewards are kept there, Jesus will bring them with Him at His Return. Exactly what Philippians 3:20 says: We await Jesus to come from heaven and we will be citizens of His earthly Kingdom.

Our inheritance is eventual immortality, after the Millennium and then God will come and dwell with mankind here. Revelation 21:1-7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟355,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Our citizenship and our rewards are kept there, Jesus will bring them with His at His Return. Exactly what Philippians 3:20 says: We await Jesus to come from heaven and we will be citizens of His earthly Kingdom.

Our inheritance is eventual immortality, after the Millennium and then God will come and dwell with mankind here. Revelation 21:1-7
You can't preach against the church going to heaven, and expect to go.

Everything is based on faith.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟289,701.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You can't preach against the church going to heaven, and expect to go.

Everything is based on faith.
I never expect to go and live in heaven. The Bible never says we do go there.
Our citizenship is kept there, in the Book of Life.
After the Millennium, God Himself will come to dwell with mankind on earth, so it will be like heaven and the garden of Eden on earth again.

Time to throw out false teachings and believe what the Bible actually does say.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟589,929.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our citizenship and our rewards are kept there, Jesus will bring them with His at His Return. Exactly what Philippians 3:20 says: We await Jesus to come from heaven and we will be citizens of His earthly Kingdom.

Hi keras,

God`s eternal throne is established in the heaven of heavens. It is His authority and power, and far above all of His created order. God is a spirit, as we well know, (John 4: 24) and He is omnipresent. He will not move His seat of power and authority to His footstool, earth, (Isa. 66: 1) for it is forever established in the highest heavens.

`Thus says the Lord: "heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool.` (Isa. 66: 1)

We, the Body of Christ will be given wonderful bodies like unto the Lord`s glorified body. It will be immortal, incorruptible and able to go through dimensions. We are made to live in the heavenly realms, and NOT for this world.

Where the Lord` seat of power is, His own throne, then that is where we will rule and reign with Him - the third heaven. The Lord`s throne will not be below where Lucifer had a throne, it will not be below the angels, it will not be at His footstool.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟289,701.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi keras,

God`s eternal throne is established in the heaven of heavens. It is His authority and power, and far above all of His created order. God is a spirit, as we well know, (John 4: 24) and He is omnipresent. He will not move His seat of power and authority to His footstool, earth, (Isa. 66: 1) for it is forever established in the highest heavens.

`Thus says the Lord: "heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool.` (Isa. 66: 1)

We, the Body of Christ will be given wonderful bodies like unto the Lord`s glorified body. It will be immortal, incorruptible and able to go through dimensions. We are made to live in the heavenly realms, and NOT for this world.

Where the Lord` seat of power is, His own throne, then that is where we will rule and reign with Him - the third heaven. The Lord`s throne will not be below where Lucifer had a throne, it will not be below the angels, it will not be at His footstool.
Marilyn.
Your belief of reigning from heaven is a fairy tale.
The Bible plainly says: Jesus will Return to the earth and reign here for 1000 years. Revelation 19:11-21 & 20:1-6
Christians who have proved worthy, will reign with Him as His co-rulers and priests. Revelation 5:9-10

God made myriads of Angels to serve His in heaven, we humans are made to inhabit the earth and we never leave it. Psalms 37:29, +

Upvote 0