Status
Not open for further replies.

sola fide

neo-Puritan
Aug 2, 2002
✟660.00
Faith
Calvinist
Old Shephard, since John 3:17 says that "the world through Him might be saved"....does that mean that each and every living soul will be saved? No it doesn't. If we are to throw out the term election from the Bible, then we would have to throw out the entire New Testament, for that matter, we'd have to throw out the entire canon of Scripture.
John 17:9- Jesus said- "I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which Thou has given Me; for they are Thine."
Since it's apparent you don't believe that God "elects" the elect, I'm curious to know how one becomes one of the elect.

Soli Deo gloria!

Upvote 0

OldShepherd

Zaqunraah
Mar 11, 2002
EST
✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by sola fide
Old Shephard, since John 3:17 says that "the world through Him might be saved"....does that mean that each and every living soul will be saved? No it doesn't. If we are to throw out the term election from the Bible, then we would have to throw out the entire New Testament, for that matter, we'd have to throw out the entire canon of Scripture.
John 17:9- Jesus said- "I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which Thou has given Me; for they are Thine."
Since it's apparent you don't believe that God "elects" the elect, I'm curious to know how one becomes one of the elect.

Soli Deo gloria!
"Old Shephard, since John 3:17 says that "the world through Him might be saved".." Note, "the world through Him might be saved".. Also I notice you ignored most of my post such as the O.T. quote. You talk about throwing out the this and that and the entire N.T. etc. because I quoted scripture which disagrees with your doctrine. You have just thrown out the entire book of Jeremiah because it contradicts you.

Did or did not God, Himself, say say "whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah"? And did the whole house of Israel and Judah cleave to God like a belt cleaves to a man's waist or was some of both houses destroyed because of their sin? And why were some of Israel and Judah destroyed? Because God ONLY elected part of them or because they would not hear? Let's discuss that. Can you fit that into your doctrine?

John 17:9- Jesus said- "I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which Thou has given Me; for they are Thine." If you will read the context of this verse Jesus is praying for His twelve disciples not all the elect. The elect is never mentioned in this passage. In facr, the word "elect" only occurs 18 times in the N.T.
[/b]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.