Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now, If you refuse to admit that the Bible clearly states that on the 3rd day God separated the water and matter from each other, and therefore the step previous to that would render that the earth was a Mud Ball, sorry, then I can not help you on a simple and logical explanation.
Your claim is none other than a red herring. I did not refuse to admit that the Bible clearly states that on the 3rd day God separated the land from the water. I clearly stated that it did not mean that mud is the only and necessary conclusion as solid land can be revealed when waters are separated. Therefore your conclusion is problematic. I can put a rock, submerge it in a bowl of water, remove some of the water to reveal the rock. I do not have mud. Your theory is suspect at best.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And please note that you are making assumptions that does not carry weight on my description I supplied. if I claim that the earth was a collection of Matter, Liquid, and Gas that developed into an atmosphere and a mud ball earth and then into land and ocean, where did you come by coral reefs?
We are still not there at all.
Your basic problem is that your assumptions do not fit the biblical text which you based on your erroneous view of the firmament. I ask you one more time. Do you retract your statement that the firmament is the surface of the earth? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis was written by Israelite holy men and for an Israelite audience. Not only did they not know the history of the earth, they didn’t claim that they were inspired by God to write the pseudo-biographical narratives. The scriptures were intended for religious instruction and guidance, not idolatry!

The beast had already fallen by the time two educated adults, who spoke the same language, arrived from heaven. Cain knew there were people out in the world as well. Read Genesis again.

You have a very warped view of Scripture. And, you are wrong.

Re-read your own first paragraph. If Genesis is just a pseudo-biographical narrative, then how can it be used for religious instruction and guidance? You put as much credence in the Scriptures as you put in mythology. And, you are wrong.

The writer(s) made claims that God said things in numerous places. If God didn't say those things, then how could it be used for religious instruction and guidance? If there is a God, he/they would be lying about Him and that can't end well. If God didn't do what the writer(s) said He did, how could that be useful in instruction--propagating a myth? So, your concept of Scripture more fits with the low value you place on God.

Jesus quoted from Genesis and didn't say there were issues with it. But, then you probably don't believe that someone could be born without human sex happening, or be risen from the dead, either. Maybe some day. But until then, I've said what I can to help you see the error of your ways.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I thought I will give the answer before leaving for home today.

Guys, If the land and Oceans were seperated on Day 3, it means that on the morning of day 1 the soil and water was mixed up into each other.
View attachment 218501 Just look at what science now found out about this claim I found in the Bible 8 years ago!
New Research Suggests Earth Started Its Days as a Giant Ball of Mud

Wow, I have the evidence that what I read in the Bible when I was still an Atheist, are now scientific and proven.
Once you understand the above, we will continue with our investigation on what Immanuel Kant and even Isaac Newton understood from Genesis.

The Next question is,
What was this firmament on day 2?
What waters was separated from each other?
(Tip, the Earth was a mud Ball and this means water was within its interior.)
Good , can't wait to hear next episode with Emmanuel Kant and Isaac Newton .:clap:

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, if you refuse to look at what I have told you up until now, it is your error.
And as I said, we will still come to day 4, and by the way, the description of day 4 is also a scientific description that I will use to prove that science and the Biblical description correlates exaclty with each other.

Now, If you refuse to admit that the Bible clearly states that on the 3rd day God separated the water and matter from each other, and therefore the step previous to that would render that the earth was a Mud Ball, sorry, then I can not help you on a simple and logical explanation.

The fact is,
1. the Earth was a collection of Matter, Liquid and Gas before day 1.
2. on day 2 the gasses escaped from this collection and rendered an Atmosphere.
3. On the morning of the 3rd day the Earth would therefore have been a Mud Ball, for which I already showed you that science now agrees with a statement which I claimed in 2008 already.
Now we will discuss the firmament as well as what was this light before the first day, and why the Bible say that the Sun Moon and stars were made on the 4th day.

Please do not stay hooked on your question, it will be answered.
Just keep in mind that what I am telling you here is what I discovered what Kant described in 1755.
And this very same science was later discarded when La-Place came up with his spinning solar system theory, only to be proven incorrect whereby all later scientific discoveries correlated with the findings of the Nebular theory.
Guess what?
All the scientists today don't know that the scientific descriptions on the origins of the Universe they are claiming as fact, came out of Genesis.

Therefore, if you stay patient for a day or so, I will tell you what and how the nebular theory was developed from Genesis, then you can come back about the firmament, and critisize it.
I will appreciate your criticism then, but to try to force me into some admittance about a misconcepted idea you have on what the Bible say, does not validate any argument or answer.
So then, this proves that God did not create everything in just six 24 hour days , which I have never believed ,and this is yet more information against this tale .

Upvote 0

NobleMouse

We have nothing, if not belief in the Lord
Sep 19, 2017
Mid West
✟47,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"What both developing science and religion need is more searching and fearless self-criticism, a greater awareness of incompleteness in evolutionary status. The teachers of both science and religion are often altogether too self-confident and dogmatic. Science and religion can only be self-critical of their facts. The moment departure is made from the stage of facts, reason abdicates or else rapidly degenerates into a consort of false logic."

Lacking the visible presence of God believers are tempted to make a fetish out of scripture. Also, Holy men use the scripture as the foundation for their authority. Because of fear and pride they wont concede faults in the Bible books. Science is forced to concede faults when confronted with facts.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts brother, and you bring up some really good points. First I want to apologize for being so long-winded in my response, I am terrible at being concise/succinct. That said, I hope you will find the time to read it. I believe you and I have different views as to the nature of the Bible and what it represents (I'll circle around to that). I completely agree with you that folks within both paradigms (science and the Bible) can become dogmatic and take it to a level that is unhealthy. Being dogmatic in and of itself is not a bad thing, after all Jesus was pretty dogmatic toward the Pharisees and Scribes and also when he said, "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." (Matthew 12:30). This is a pretty dogmatic statement and really pulls out the rug from underneath any 'middle ground'.

I consider myself relatively meager-minded, not that I think too lowly of myself either. We should have a right-sized view of ourselves, and a right-sized view of God. As far as confidence in the inerrancy of scripture, 2 Corinthians 3-4 states, "Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God,". There is reason for great confidence in God and His word (not because of who we are, but because of who He is), He is the author of all things and as stated in John 1:1-4, "...All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made..."

Now circling back around to the nature of the Bible and what it represents. The big question is: "Is the Bible inerrant?" And here in this forum talking about origins, specifically the Book of Genesis. I believe the answer is yes and here's why:

Jesus is the word made flesh, Jesus was with God in the beginning. While on earth Jesus was both fully man and fully God. Jesus quoted scripture (never contradicted or corrected it), He fulfilled every prophesy and worked miracles, attesting to who He claimed to be. Even 2 Timothy 3:16 states, "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,". If I want to learn about the character of God, where do I go? If I want to learn about why I need a savior, where do I go? If I want to learn about what it means to be a follower of Christ, where do I go? If I want to learn about what will happen to me when I die, where do I go? If I want to learn about why I am here and how all of creation came to be, where do I go? The answer: The Bible.

Here are a couple of links discussing the inerrancy of scripture and why it is important that we understand this:
What is biblical inerrancy?
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_insp.htm

Ideas that scripture contains error and confusion comes from outside of the Bible. I believe you have referenced the Babylonian tablets in connection to Genesis (possibly to infer some plagiarism took place). Again, this idea originates outside of the Bible, and Jesus never quoted the Babylonian tablets, He quoted Genesis and He also said in John 5:46, "For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me."

The Bible may have been penned by men, but it was authored by God. In short: The Bible is inerrant. The Bible is not on the same plane as scientific texts... that were authored by people... who were not there in the beginning. Yes, it makes sense that scientific assertions should change over time as new information comes to light. The Bible; however, was authored by God, He was there, He did everything, and He told you enough of what He wanted you to know of how He did it and when He did it. He doesn't need to concede His story because it's His story and He loved you enough that He made you to be a part of it so know that it is true because it is His word. It's not mine or anybody else's.

I hope this doesn't just come across as run-on rant, it is not intended to be conceited or pious, I just wanted to share why there are very good reasons for having faith in all of God's word to be true. Be assured no servant that loved the Lord has ever stood before God and been mocked as a fool for having believed every letter of every word. Jesus said "For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished" (Matthew 5:18). This refers to every word, every character, every line on each character. It is all true Colter, regardless of the opinions of those who weren't there and have a Ph.D in some -ology. God bless and please keep writing -

Upvote 0

NobleMouse

Sep 19, 2017
Mid West
✟47,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So then, this proves that God did not create everything in just six 24 hour days , which I have never believed ,and this is yet more information against this tale .
Could an omnipotent, all-powerful God have created everything He said He did when He said He created it?

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What you really are asking is how the earth looked before the evening of day 3. Remember, the day begins with the evening. So at the beginning of the third day, the earth was covered with water, had an atmosphere with a water canopy, a spectrum of light coming from God Himself, then He separated the water from the land beneath. Where do it go? As much water as would cover the earth to the highest mountain must have gone somewhere and not just in our skies. Underground aquifers. This would explain the amount of water needed to flood the earth later on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
So far we established that on the 3rd day Land and ocean was separated.
That rendered the only conclusion that on the morning of the 3rd day, the earth was a mixture of matter and water. The Mud ball earth.
Am I correct?
or do you disagree?

That's not the only possible conclusion.
Is it not more likely that either land was raised up out of the entire sea, much like scientists say mountains are pushed up even today (volcanic activity, etc.), or more water condensed into clouds "above the firmament," and went into the earth, so that here and there land appeared. Some of both perhaps.

Certainly the earth is mostly rock, some of it molten apparently.
Not a ball of mud - never was never will be.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for sharing your thoughts brother, and you bring up some really good points. First I want to apologize for being so long-winded in my response, I am terrible at being concise/succinct. That said, I hope you will find the time to read it. I believe you and I have different views as to the nature of the Bible and what it represents (I'll circle around to that). I completely agree with you that folks within both paradigms (science and the Bible) can become dogmatic and take it to a level that is unhealthy. Being dogmatic in and of itself is not a bad thing, after all Jesus was pretty dogmatic toward the Pharisees and Scribes and also when he said, "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." (Matthew 12:30). This is a pretty dogmatic statement and really pulls out the rug from underneath any 'middle ground'.

I consider myself relatively meager-minded, not that I think too lowly of myself either. We should have a right-sized view of ourselves, and a right-sized view of God. As far as confidence in the inerrancy of scripture, 2 Corinthians 3-4 states, "Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God,". There is reason for great confidence in God and His word (not because of who we are, but because of who He is), He is the author of all things and as stated in John 1:1-4, "...All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made..."

Now circling back around to the nature of the Bible and what it represents. The big question is: "Is the Bible inerrant?" And here in this forum talking about origins, specifically the Book of Genesis. I believe the answer is yes and here's why:

Jesus is the word made flesh, Jesus was with God in the beginning. While on earth Jesus was both fully man and fully God. Jesus quoted scripture (never contradicted or corrected it), He fulfilled every prophesy and worked miracles, attesting to who He claimed to be. Even 2 Timothy 3:16 states, "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,". If I want to learn about the character of God, where do I go? If I want to learn about why I need a savior, where do I go? If I want to learn about what it means to be a follower of Christ, where do I go? If I want to learn about what will happen to me when I die, where do I go? If I want to learn about why I am here and how all of creation came to be, where do I go? The answer: The Bible.

Here are a couple of links discussing the inerrancy of scripture and why it is important that we understand this:
What is biblical inerrancy?
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_insp.htm

Ideas that scripture contains error and confusion comes from outside of the Bible. I believe you have referenced the Babylonian tablets in connection to Genesis (possibly to infer some plagiarism took place). Again, this idea originates outside of the Bible, and Jesus never quoted the Babylonian tablets, He quoted Genesis and He also said in John 5:46, "For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me."

The Bible may have been penned by men, but it was authored by God. In short: The Bible is inerrant. The Bible is not on the same plane as scientific texts... that were authored by people... who were not there in the beginning. Yes, it makes sense that scientific assertions should change over time as new information comes to light. The Bible; however, was authored by God, He was there, He did everything, and He told you enough of what He wanted you to know of how He did it and when He did it. He doesn't need to concede His story because it's His story and He loved you enough that He made you to be a part of it so know that it is true because it is His word. It's not mine or anybody else's.

I hope this doesn't just come across as run-on rant, it is not intended to be conceited or pious, I just wanted to share why there are very good reasons for having faith in all of God's word to be true. Be assured no servant that loved the Lord has ever stood before God and been mocked as a fool for having believed every letter of every word. Jesus said "For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished" (Matthew 5:18). This refers to every word, every character, every line on each character. It is all true Colter, regardless of the opinions of those who weren't there and have a Ph.D in some -ology. God bless and please keep writing -

The false doctrine of the inspiration of the scripture was used by the Jews to reject Jesus. They also denied reality and disallowed common sense to penetrate their hardened hearts.

Jesus quoted from the cream of Hebrew scripture that was true, he didn’t quote the error. Scripture is like the newspaper, it contains truth and error.

The Hebrews exaggerated Old Testament books depicts God as a genicidal monster bearing no resemblance to the Loving God revealed in the life of Christ.

Instead of making excuses for the numerous errors and inconsistencies of the human writings of the Bible, we need to have the courage to defend the integrity of God the Father.

Example:

1. In Genesis 7:21-23, God drowns the entire population of the earth: men, women, children, fetuses, and animals.
  2. In Exodus 12:29, God the baby-killer slaughters all Egyptian firstborn children and cattle because their king was stubborn.
  3. In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.
  4. In 1 Samuel 6:19, God kills 50,000 men for peeking into the ark of the covenant.
  5. In Numbers 31:7-18, the Israelites kill all the Midianites except for the virgins, whom they are allowed to rape as spoils of war.
  6. In 2 Kings 2:23-24, some kids tease the prophet Elisha, and God sends bears to dismember them.

While the Bible contains great spiritual truths and historic fragments, it contains much that isn’t accurate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The false doctrine of the inspiration of the scripture

No inspiration of scripture is not false, you error greatly,

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Peter 1:21
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

and heres one for you

Isaiah 8:20
"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them"

and another one for you

Matthew 22:29
"Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."

Matthew 5:18
"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

and another for you

1 Corinthians 14:37
"If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant."

and a last one for you as a warning,

2 Peter 3:16
"As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

The Hebrews exaggerated Old Testament books depicts God as a genicidal monster bearing no resemblance to the Loving God revealed in the life of Christ.

Instead of making excuses for the numerous errors and inconsistencies of the human writings of the Bible, we need to have the courage to defend the integrity of God the Father.

Example:

1. In Genesis 7:21-23, God drowns the entire population of the earth: men, women, children, fetuses, and animals.
  2. In Exodus 12:29, God the baby-killer slaughters all Egyptian firstborn children and cattle because their king was stubborn.
  3. In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.
  4. In 1 Samuel 6:19, God kills 50,000 men for peeking into the ark of the covenant.
  5. In Numbers 31:7-18, the Israelites kill all the Midianites except for the virgins, whom they are allowed to rape as spoils of war.
  6. In 2 Kings 2:23-24, some kids tease the prophet Elisha, and God sends bears to dismember them.

While the Bible contains great spiritual truths and historic fragments, it contains much that isn’t accurate.
No, you misunderstand each case there and the holiness of God and why all men need Jesus. It is of the Lords mercies that were are not consumed. Men are so wicked that they deserve nothing but hell. But God who is right in mercy is long-suffering with man and offers hope in Jesus Christ and His shed blood.

Yes God is angry at the wicked every day. His holy Justice and love cannot embrace evil. Only in Christ can any approach this loving , holy just merciful all powerful God.

Upvote 0

NobleMouse

Sep 19, 2017
Mid West
✟47,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The false doctrine of the inspiration of the scripture was used by the Jews to reject Jesus. They also denied reality and disallowed common sense to penetrate their hardened hearts.

Jesus quoted from the cream of Hebrew scripture that was true, he didn’t quote the error. Scripture is like the newspaper, it contains truth and error.

Example:

You say the Bible contains much that isn't accurate. Are you saying these events did not really happen? What more authoritative text do you plan to give your dissertation on when you have to give an account (as we all will) when standing before God and say that much of His word was inaccurate? Will it be your opinion and speculation, what somebody else told you?

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For today, and please I do not imply that anyone is a child, but I will do the analysis of the Nebular theory in a very simplistic manner.
lets see what the Bible say.
1. In the beginning God created the Heavens and Earth.
2. and the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.…
3.And God said, let there be light!
4.And it was evening and Morning, the first day.
5.Day 2. Then God said let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from below the firmament with the waters from above the firmament.
6.Day 3 God separated land and sea
7.Day 4 God made the Lights in heaven.

Now, this is a small summary I looked at once I wanted to know what the Bible says about the origins of the Universe. keep in mind that at that time I wanted to disprove the Bible, and when I read Gen 1: 1 to 19, it did not make any sense to me.

Now, we see that the Bible gives the following description.
1. God created the Universe and Earth. At that stage the Universe was dark, the Earth was water, there was no life on Earth and Earth was without any form or recognisable shape.
2. God made Light and the first day passed.
3.On the second Day, God made a division or firmament between waters above and below this firmament.
4. on the third Day, God separated land and sea.
5. And on the Fourth day He made lights in the sky.

My problem was this thing called a firmament, that divided waters.
I just did not understand what it meant, and I could not discard genesis if I did not know what it said.
The answer, I learned a few days later after thinking about it, was in the MORNING OF THE THIRD DAY!

THINK ABOUT THIS.
If God separated land and Sea on the Third day, how did the Earth look on the MORNING OF THE THIRD DAY BEFORE LAND AND SEA WAS SEPARATED?
See you all tomorrow.
Seems quite clear to me. On the first day the earth was formed, but at that stage it was a water/ice, possibly like a smaller version of the ice giants in our solar system now. ON the second day (which you have skipped past) is a very important change, the making/forming of the atmosphere. It is this that allows heat to be retained and water to exist in its liquid state. At this point the surface of the earth was covered in water. The earth had been formed and their was an atmosphere with clouds in the sky. My personal theory on how God separated the land from the water is by water vapour evaporating into the air, reducing the amount of water on the planet surface, but I dont know the science of whthr there is enough water to make enough of a difference that the whole surface would be covered, although if not it could have been covered in ice as I said. Tectonic plate movement creating raised land is also a factor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Piet Strydom
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You say the Bible contains much that isn't accurate. Are you saying these events did not really happen? What more authoritative text do you plan to give your dissertation on when you have to give an account (as we all will) when standing before God and say that much of His word was inaccurate? Will it be your opinion and speculation, what somebody else told you?
I will tell God, if he even asks, that I didn’t believe the Hebrews flood story, not because of how silly it is, but it portrays him, God, as “regretting” his creation. That’s should be a hint that it’s a human concoction apart from the absurdity of the story.

I will tell God that I never, not for a fraction of a second, beloved that he instructed soldiers to kill war captives, men women and children but keeping the Virgin girl children for themselves!!!!!!!

I wish more believers had moral courage!

The Bible books were written long after Moses lived, where are their citations??????

If Moses wrote any of Genesis at Mt Sini, what scripture books were they using in Egypt? Before Egypt? Did Abraham write scripture? Where is that? What happened to the secular history books mentioned in the OT?

Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A mud ball with a hot high pressurized interior does not explain it all to this Christian. I think man has oversimplified the works of God.
And I agree whole heatedly.
it was the simplistic way that Kant and Newton found which they developed into an intrinsic model of laws of gravitation, Conservation of Energy, optics, and the Big bang Theory.
For instance, when the Jesuites said in 16 something that Colored light was "contaminated" light, and White light was "clean" light, Isaac Newton decided to test the theory, and found that white light was actually "contaminated" and colored light was "clean".
I do not have to tell anyone what incredible science Isaac newton developed out of his findings.

Keep in mind that Isaac Newton also said,
[QUOTE="Newton“]This most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being … This Being governs all things, not as the soul of the world, but as Lord over all; and on account of his dominion he is wont to be called Lord God.”[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Newton“]I have studied the Bible my entire life and through Experimental and Theoretical science could never find a single error.[/QUOTE]

he also said that if you think half witted, you will deny God, only a man who thinks in total will, can never deny the Creator.
As I said:
Man has oversimplified God so much that they now claim that He wrote to Bronze age herders, and His words He spoke was therefor a reflection of low Intellect. I on the otherhand saw that what God revealed to these men was not understood untill Modern Science discovered what it said.
In this regard, I suggest a God who left physical evidence in an ancient Book, that He exists!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Example:

God is pretty intense. These things are descriptions of how life is - the world since the fall is full of sin, judgement and violence. I don’t think it’s possible for a person to get to know God while rejecting those things he or she isn’t comfortable with.

• Agree
Reactions: Piet Strydom
Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I find your ideas about the formation of the earth lack depth and description. It does not record the cycle of volcanic eruptions going back millions of years, nor plate tectonics, nor the history of zoology or mankind.
Ahhh!
But we will get there.
Play with me for a while to show you the simple explanation from the Bible.
Once we did that, we can go on to all the other theories.
Let me give you a small taste of whats coming and you will see that I did take all considerations into the equation already. The boiling and hot epoch of the Earth.
Laplace in 1805 told Napoleon that he developed a theory where the Planets and Moons popped out of the Sun. Until Hubble, this was an accepted theory because it was the only one that "did not need God".
This theory was discarded due to mathematical evidence on the speed of the Sun around its axis and energy conservation. However, the warm boiling Earth theory is still claimed as true by many scientists.
If we are to look at what Scientists now say about the Hadean (hades / hellish)period of the formation of the Earth, we have to agree that the Bible was compiled more than 3000 to 2500 years ago, and what was written in it will remain unchanged for ever. On the contrary, science now discovers more and more evidence that the Earth was cool and wet!!

I agree with Newton, The Bible is a huge source of scientific truth.
check here:
Ancient Crystals Suggest Earlier Ocean : Feature Articles

Here we can see a description of the Nebular theory saying that a Nebular cloud had particles sticking to each other and accretion resulted into planetesimals that became planets.
Note that at that stage the Hadean Earth is still used.
Earth
I will see where the other website went to that found silver ions proving the Earth was never hadean.

Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And this is the latest on research that the Bible is 100% correct if it says that the Earth was a wet accretion since it inception.
[URL='http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2014/10/earth-was-formed-as-a-wet-planet-with-oceans-in-place-life-could-have-started-early.html']"Earth Formed as a Wet Planet with Oceans in Place" --Life May Have Started Earlier Than Thought[/URL] said:
The study shows that Earth's water most likely accreted at the same time as the rock. The planet formed as a wet planet with water on the surface," said Horst Marschall, a geologist at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and coauthor of the paper.
"Earth Formed as a Wet Planet with Oceans in Place" --Life May Have Started Earlier Than Thought

Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I will tell God that I never, not for a fraction of a second, beloved that he instructed soldiers to kill war captives, men women and children but keeping the Virgin girl children for themselves!!!!!!!
I would like to Discuss your observation at a later stage Colter.
However, you are not staying on track with what I am showing you about the origins of the Universe.
What does the extermination of baal worshipers who burned their children alive to Molech, who wanted to destroy Israel when God Himself was present in their midst, have to do with the description of the origins of the Universe.

On the point of the violence of the Old Testament, I would like you to open another tread when we are done here, so I can give you the answers you dont understand.
You forget that we all die, or go sick or feel sorrow.
Why dont you accuse God of that too?

I am really worried about your agenda for it is the umpteenth time I find that you are using Atheistic arguments when posting on these forums. I dont have a problem with this for if you are a sheep in wolfs clothing, it is a welcomed event where I can have the opinion of the Bible and God presented to you.
I anyway like your criticism, but I hope you observe that even Christians with very little scientific experience, understands the nebular theory, and guess what?
They will continue to delve into what I found, and will eventually outgrow any Atheistic argument.
Glory To Jesus Christ, My Creator and Yours.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
God is pretty intense. These things are descriptions of how life is - the world since the fall is full of sin, judgement and violence. I don’t think it’s possible for a person to get to know God while rejecting those things he or she isn’t comfortable with.
I've gotten to know God by distinguishing truth from error, by following the true voice of the shepherd. Scriptures always have, and always will, reflect the intellectual, moral, and spiritual status of those who create them. The Old Testiment books reflect the thinking of the ages, both enlightened and uninlightened. The Jews just naturally evolved away from the barbarity of the laws that their ansestors created. The doctrine of the inspiration of the scripture leaves the otherwise faithful in the terrible position of having to justify outdated beliefs and practices by outrageing their own sense of justice.

Upvote 0