Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sick, or injured? In Like 19:29-37, He tells us about a man who is lying in the road, in need of help. Three travelers come down the road. One is a priest, one is a Levite. Both are spiritual and can claim to be closer to God than other men. Both cross to the other side of the road to avoid the injured man. The third man is a Samaritan, a descendant of one of the "lost tribes" which broke away from the Temple in Jerusalem and set up their own temples.

This man of a disgraced people picked up the man, ministered to his needs, brought him to an inn and paid not only his lodging, but for special services by someone skilled in convalescent care.

How can you compare writing a rude note (no matter how sweetly written) and stiffing the waitress to acting like a physician, when Jesus gives us this example to follow?
The waitress cannot compare to the injured party in the Good Samaritan story. The injured party was not flaunting his sin as some would be considering the waitress to be doing

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, you're wrong. We know that the waitress was stiffed on the tip -- and we know that the handwriting on the check was not her own.

The only "evidence" you have is what you've decided to make up -- impugning the honor of a veteran in the process, it should be noted.

you're against bigoted business managers all of a sudden? Since when?
We don't know any of that :wave:

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The waitress cannot compare to the injured party in the Good Samaritan story. The injured party was not flaunting his sin as the waitress.

How exactly was the waitress flaunting her sin? Did she french kiss the coat-check girl?

Upvote 0

PlayWithFire

Nov 2, 2013
✟7,964.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry, but that option was still available

If there were no other servers that could serve the customer then no it completely was not.

Besides that, even if something is "available" that does not mean it is a wise thing to do. The option to throw a glass of water at that customer was 'available'. Screaming at the customer was 'available'. Walking out on her shift was 'available'. Yet, somehow I don't think the restaurant would want their waitress to do any of these available options.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The waitress cannot compare to the injured party in the Good Samaritan story. The injured party was not flaunting his sin as the waitress.

SHE DIDN'T FLAUNT ANYTHING. THEY ASSUMED SHE WAS GAY BECAUSE OF HER HAIRCUT.

Did you even read the story? It's not like she was running around saying "Hi, I'm your server Dayna. I'm gay. What can I get for you?"

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you referring to the "people of that women's kind" remark?

If so, and if that is truly bigoted, then this may be one of the rare occasions that bigotry is called for.

(FTR, I don't believe that's a bigoted remark. This is a manager who clearly cares for his employees, something that is hard to find in the service industry.)
Suddenly, bigotry can be a virtue

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Suddenly, bigotry can be a virtue

You'll note that I actually said I don't believe the comment was a bigoted comment.

I was just pointing out the stupidity of thinking it was.

ETA: And for some Christians who post here regularly, I believe it just might be. Ahem.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
We don't know any of that :wave:

Yes, we do -- your choice to ignore it in favor of your own imagination doesn't make it go away.

Really, Mach -- the length your willing to go to smear a veteran is shameful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nobody automatically assumed anything except that the customer is guilty. But Google Toni Christina Jenkins for example of a customer being falsely blamed for a similar incident. The language used in that case prevents it from being directly linked here

You just made my earlier point that a fake would not be worded so sweetly. Both real and fake notes could include bad language, but most people would not disguise someone else's venom so "politely." Would not think that way about an "enemy" themselves, so could not put themselves in that frame of mind.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If there were no other servers that could serve the customer then no it completely was not.
A big if for which we have no reason to believe

Besides that, even if something is "available" that does not mean it is a wise thing to do. The option to throw a glass of water at that customer was 'available'. Screaming at the customer was 'available'. Walking out on her shift was 'available'. Yet, somehow I don't think the restaurant would want their waitress to do any of these available options.
It would have prevented the whole situation if it indeed is real

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SHE DIDN'T FLAUNT ANYTHING. THEY ASSUMED SHE WAS GAY BECAUSE OF HER HAIRCUT.

Did you even read the story? It's not like she was running around saying "Hi, I'm your server Dayna. I'm gay. What can I get for you?"
If I recall correctly, she said she's been "out" for years which is what makes her discharge status from the Marines suspect as well.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.