✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Family Says They Did Tip Gay Server, Didn't Leave Note

After a gay server at a New Jersey restaurant said a customer denied her a tip and wrote her a hateful note on the receipt, a local family contacted NBC 4 New York and said their receipt shows they paid a tip and didn't write any such note.

Dayna Morales, a former Marine and a server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, posted a photo on Facebook earlier this month, showing the bill with a line through the space for a tip. The photo of the receipt showed someone had written, "I'm sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle."

Morales indicated in her Facebook post, and in subsequent media interviews -- including with NBC 4 New York -- that the customer wrote that line.

But a family contacted NBC 4 New York claiming their receipt from the restaurant shows they did leave a tip, and provided what they said was a credit card statement as proof.

The husband and wife, who asked to remain anonymous, showed NBC 4 New York a receipt that appeared to be printed at the same minute, on the same date, for the same $93.55 total, except with an $18 tip.

They also provided a document they said was a Visa bill, which appears to indicate their card was charged for the meal plus the tip, for a total of $111.55.

Morales told NBC 4 New York on Monday that she was certain she did not receive a tip, and insisted the handwriting on the receipt was not hers. When asked if there had been some sort of misunderstanding, she said, "I don't know, all I know is what I've been saying."

A manager and the restaurant owner insisted they had the original ticket for the $93.55 charge, but would not produce the receipt for NBC 4 New York and could not explain why the family's credit card was charged for more.

The restaurant later said in a statement it was aware of the allegations and had no comment pending an internal investigation.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Gay-Server-Tip-Lifestyle-Receipt-Discrepancy-233040811.html

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Update:Waitress in Anti-Gay Note Dispute Was Dishonorably Discharged From Marines

NBC 4 New York learned Wednesday from a Pentagon source that Morales was dismissed from the Marine Reserve Corps in May because she wasn't attending drills. It wasn't immediately clear how often those drills were held, and Morales did not respond to a request for comment.

Morales was formally discharged, or released from the Marines, under conditions that were other than honorable, according to the source.

She was stationed in Newburgh, N.Y., and began serving in July 2009, military sources said.

A woman who served with Morales told NBC 4 New York that the commitment is a serious one.

"I wouldn't want anyone to think she was a part of my Marine Corps family, because she's not," said the woman, who asked to remain anonymous because she is still on active duty.

Others who say they knew her tell NBC 4 New York there were things about her background that didn't seem to add up.

A woman who says she and Morales worked together at a Cheesecake Factory in Nyack, N.Y., last year said Morales told coworkers she had brain cancer.

"She came in with her hair shaved because she wanted to shave it herself before she lost it," said Jacqie Fitzpatrick.

Fitzpatrick said Morales also leaned on the cancer story to accept offers of help from friends at work.

Then, she abruptly quit, according to Fitzpatrick, and her coworkers didn't see her again until she appeared in news reports about the receipt.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...y-Server-Lifestyle-Note-Marine-233672131.html

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I couldn't find another thread so I will comment here.

So far as I am aware, she did not benefit from the donations - please correct me if I am wrong. I believe that the donation went to Wounded Warriors.

I feel very angry that this woman lied so egregiously, but from reading other things it seems that this is an ongoing pattern. That kind of pattern is typically caused by a deeper disorder, and it is my home that she get some proper help.

Perhaps instead of kicking her to the curb, some helping hands would reach out and love her despite her wrongs - bearing in mind that we all sin, and all lie - and get her help and assistance.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hetta said:
I couldn't find another thread so I will comment here.

So far as I am aware, she did not benefit from the donations - please correct me if I am wrong. I believe that the donation went to Wounded Warriors.

I feel very angry that this woman lied so egregiously, but from reading other things it seems that this is an ongoing pattern. That kind of pattern is typically caused by a deeper disorder, and it is my home that she get some proper help.

Perhaps instead of kicking her to the curb, some helping hands would reach out and love her despite her wrongs - bearing in mind that we all sin, and all lie - and get her help and assistance.

Considering all her other lies, I'm not sure she really donated the money and didn't just pocket it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I pray for sinners [as we all are] all the time.

I said in the other thread - what makes ppl want to lie so much?
And i do know a few who love to just - well - lie.

How do they live with themselves?

Upvote 0