Oneness Pentecostalism is not Biblical.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't presume to know the will of the Lord, I only know what is given to us within his word.

As I said, it would not make any sense for God to make requests of Himself if He is just one persona. Nobody makes requests of themselves like that. Also, why would God manifest Himself as three different personas at Christ's baptism when He really is not three different personas? It seems kind of deceptive to me to say otherwise. Also, you said that God is one persona. Yet, if that is true, then He could not say in Genesis, let US make man in OUR image, and OUR likeness.

Upvote 0

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
As I said, it would not make any sense for God to make requests of Himself if He is just one persona. Nobody makes requests of themselves like that.
The son who put himself in the place of the servant made requests of the Father who he subjected himself to, looking at that it would make sense why a servant would make requests of his master if that is the role he is in/the function or operation he is performing.

Outside of what is said I can't speak on something we are not told, I understand the mystery of Godliness is great so that it cannot be completely understood.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The son who put himself in the place of the servant made requests of the Father who he subjected himself to, looking at that it would make sense why a servant would make requests of his master if that is the role he is in/the function or operation he is performing.

Outside of what is said I can't speak on something we are not told, I understand the mystery of Godliness is great so that it cannot be completely understood.

There is no mystery here. The truth is clear. If the Son talks to the Father, this implies TWO personas and NOT one. That is just the basic reality or logic of how God is (Whether you accept that reality or not).

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Can you make requests of yourself? Do you call one part of yourself as Father and another part of you as the Son? No.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The spirit's purpose is described in the New testament, it dwells within us and speaks the Lord's will and his word.
Christ's purpose was/is to save the world from sin and give us the NT, as well as what else is prophesied that he will do.
The Father is alpha and omega beginning and the end, he creates and destroys. His purpose is shown throughout the bible.

But they are all one.
An Administration has a purpose? Thought only persons do.

Upvote 0

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
It's a problem because we have nothing to relate to this to in the real world.

Also, you said God gave each one separate names. Who is God? Is there a fourth entity involved that names the three parts of Himself?

Jesus says He does everything the Father says. This would essentially be that He is doing everything that He told Himself to do. It makes no sense.
Water is the example in the real world. Solid liquid gas, all still water.

There is only the Father son and holy spirit, there is only YHWH. Christ put himself in subjection to the father and took the form of servant, so it makes sense he would do everything told him by the father.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Purpose of being.
Only persons have a purpose of being.

If not then you make the purpose impersonal and the Scriptures indeed show us only persons whether eternal or created have purpose.

Upvote 0

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Can you make requests of yourself? Do you call one part of yourself as Father and another part of you as the Son? No.
I am not God, my nature is not that of Godliness(in that I am not YHWH). There is a reason it is a great mystery brother.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Water is the example in the real world. Solid liquid gas, all still water.

There is only the Father son and holy spirit, there is only YHWH. Christ put himself in subjection to the father and took the form of servant, so it makes sense he would do everything told him by the father.

It doesn't make sense in your belief that the Son does everything the Father told Him to do because it would just be Himself telling to do what needs to be done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Only persons have a purpose of being.

If not then you make the purpose impersonal and the Scriptures indeed show us only persons whether eternal or created have purpose.
So God has no purpose?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not God, my nature is not that of Godliness(in that I am not YHWH). There is a reason it is a great mystery brother.

We are made in God's image. We have a distinct body, soul, and spirit. They are three parts and yet they are one. God is three in one. He is distinct in personas because one persona communicates with another persona.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes the Holy spirit is a different administration and he is YHWH. Christ is a different administration and he is YHWH. The father is a different administration and he is YHWH. They each have separate purpose but they are all one YHWH.
Yet all three distinct purposes showed up for Jesus’ baptism?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
We are made in God's image. We have a distinct body, soul, and spirit. They are three parts and yet they are one. God is three in one. He is distinct in personas because one persona communicates with another persona.
Yet we are still one, the flesh speaks with the spirit, the spirit with the soul, and the soul back again to the flesh but all are still one then? The flesh desires one thing, the spirit another, and the soul yet another still? Or do each of our parts have one collective mind? Or do each have a mind of their own?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't make sense in your belief that the Son does everything the Father told Him to do because it would just be Himself telling to do what needs to be done.
It would only make sense if They were distinct persons.

Upvote 0