Omnipresence of Jesus Christ God the Son?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What happened to the Son's old body, or is the Son simply in two places at once?
What I understand is that before Jesus came to this earth through the virgin body of Mary, He did not have a resurrected body. He was a spiritual Being of God, with personal form.

It might be like this >

Water in physical reality can have different forms as well as being able to flow. The forms are the same substance as water in some flow. Before creation, Jesus was God in human form, but without a human body.

But also > water can have a form but along with something other than water > like water in the form of a gob of flour. This is like to how Jesus took on physical flesh when He came here on earth.

And air can flow freely, or it can take the form of a tornado. The tornado can be pretty clean or full of dust. Like this, Jesus had form before He came to earth, but it was all spiritual. Now Jesus has what was His dust body, except it has been resurrected into Heaven's own glory and nature as much as this is possible with God.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
According to 1 John 4:1-3 Jesus exists in a physical body of flesh, while Ephesians 4:10 tells us that He ascended to fill all things. I would say that the Spirit of Jesus is the Omnipresent Jesus and emanates from His finite human body.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
According to 1 John 4:1-3 Jesus exists in a physical body of flesh, while Ephesians 4:10 tells us that He ascended to fill all things. I would say that the Spirit of Jesus is the Omnipresent Jesus and emanates from His finite human body.
Do you think there is only one body or central presence of the omnipresent God the Son?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
[Staff edit].

Young's Literal Translation renders Isaiah 9:6 Father of Eternity. Author of time, one could say. And it is written in Deuteronomy 6:4 The LORD is one, which in proper Hebrew to English can be the LORD is united, or Together.

I follow the mainstream tradition that God is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent, co-equal, co-eternal and co-existent.

When the author of eternity was incarnate and this was not just an infilling of the Spirit, but God with us, God from Mount Sinai or the pillar of fire by night, nor even merely like the presence of the name of God in the Angel of the LORD. I consider it possible since creation of new children were going on while Jesus was a boy... that there was another instance of the Son acting in Heaven. Although since scripture says when He ascended that His Spirit filled the universe, that while Jesus was on Earth that all that was contained in the ark so to say, of Jesus' body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0