New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been using a laptop for internet until we can get an internet connection restored to my main computer.

So I sort of was looking through the hard drive on this computer and there is a lot of old pictures in it. . . If you ever get a chance sometime, go through and look at some old pictures.

Here is somethings that I thought and felt as I look through them.

"Oh my Lord I was ugly when I was 17. . ."

"How in the world did I get her to go to prom with me looking like that?"

"Why did I give her up?"

"Wow Mom and Dad where actually young once. . . what a concept."

"I prefer them older. . . without the 70's hairstyles"

"Wow mom was right. . . I really was an ugly newborn"

"Who the heck is that holding me. . ." "And who's that girl playing with me. . ." "And who is he?" "What about her?" "Why would my mother let random people hold me."

"Where was I for that. . . And that? What about that?" (I think I was in college actually)

"Wow my cousin has changed a lot. . . I still see my face in her everytime I look though. Maybe its just me, but our dads are identical twins, she is genetically my half sister. And both our parents see our personalities in eachother."

"I knew when she got married that this was no ordinary cousin's wedding. This was Jenny's wedding. Brad is a good guy. Still I couldn't help but feeling apprehensive. Jenny was always like my big sister. I felt like I was losing her. . . In a way I sort of have. . . I don't see her as much she's got a husband and a kid and she's totally focused on them and her career."

"But then again some things never change."

"Man I am so much hotter now then I was at 17. Maybe I'll be a freak and this trend will continue. . . :prayer:

Yeah ok probably not."

"I can't grin like that anymore. . . The corners of my mouth just won't rise that far. . . Thats good though because I totally look retarted in that picture."

"Wow I really was a kid once. . ."

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok I'm going to share some of these. . .

Photo0042.jpg

This is me as a new newborn. . . I weighed 12 pounds at birth so I was a BIG BIG baby. Born by C-section. Set the record for the largest baby ever born in that county. At least this is what I'm told. Not sure if I still hold that record. I was in that bloody machine for like 2 weeks.

Kirknewborn.jpg

This is me later on. Again I don't look like a newborn because of my size. But the picture is labeled as me as a newborn.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
aslicer.jpg

This thing is suppose to describe what our mascot is. We where the slicers. . . Go figure.

dadandson.jpg

Me at 17 graduating from high school. I'm so glad I don't look like that anymore.

JennyandBrad.jpg

My cousin with her then boyfriend, now husband Brad. Does anyone else see a resembelance between us?

She's a lot older now too BTW. She was probably 20 in this photo.

Upvote 0

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Me at 17 graduating from high school. I'm so glad I don't look like that anymore.

JennyandBrad.jpg

That's funny. I thought you were referring to this photo at first. I was thinking, he sure has changed a lot. I'll bet he doesn't listen to George Strait anymore either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beauty4Ashes

All that I need, is a song in my heart. . .
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the photos. You're right, old photos do bring back memories and make one think.

Just a test: Have a look at a photo of your mother when she was mid-teens to mid-20s, ... and then consider what girls you find attractive.

i dont know that i look for guys who looked like my dad however from pictures i've seen, he was quite a handsome guy and my mom.....she was smoking!!! seriously, i'm not so sure what happened with us kids :S

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just a test: Have a look at a photo of your mother when she was mid-teens to mid-20s, ... and then consider what girls you find attractive.
Haha...I'm definitely relieved about that - look nothing alike. Except for maybe the fact both are generally blonde (my mom was really light blonde at that age, though, and the blonde color I found myself liking is more of the dark type); however, my parents noticed up until that point I preferred brunettes, so that definitely doesn't fit the mold.

Upvote 0

BoazB

Dec 29, 2006
South Africa
✟2,335.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Qyöt27;41719314 said:
Haha...I'm definitely relieved about that - look nothing alike. Except for maybe the fact both are generally blonde (my mom was really light blonde at that age, though, and the blonde color I found myself liking is more of the dark type); however, my parents noticed up until that point I preferred brunettes, so that definitely doesn't fit the mold.

Sounds like your trying to break out of the mould LOL:D

Upvote 0

BoazB

Dec 29, 2006
South Africa
✟2,335.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
i dont know that i look for guys who looked like my dad however from pictures i've seen, he was quite a handsome guy and my mom.....she was smoking!!! seriously, i'm not so sure what happened with us kids :S

Maybe we don't consciously "look" for a parent copy, but maybe it gives us more of a deviation towards. I remeber somebody I had fallen head-over-heals for ... when I look at photos of both Mom and sister ... well, maybe there was something there. :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Luther073082

Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's funny. I thought you were referring to this photo at first. I was thinking, he sure has changed a lot. I'll bet he doesn't listen to George Strait anymore either.

No the young woman is my cousin and the man is her boyfriend now husband.

And I love George Strait!!

Upvote 0