OLD COVENANT SHADOWS POINTING TO THE NEW

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Saying that HEBREWS 4:3-4 is not talking about God's SABBATH REST has no truth in it whatsoever. We have already established from the scriptures you are quoting from it is discussing;
But saying that HEBREWS 4:3-4 is not talking about God's SABBATH REST is true.
1. v3 GOD'S REST from the FOUNDATION of the WORLD
2. v4 For he spoke in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
This is the reason it is true. There is no mention of the sabbath in either of those verses. Ever wonder why? The sabbath is not God's rest. Those who kept the sabbath were told they would never enter God's rest. Jesus offered Himself as this rest to sabbath keeping Jews. Why? It is because they had no rest. They periodically ceased and returned to physical labor. The sabbath is about physical rest and a shadow law reflecting Jesus, who gives this rest which only comes through Him. Jesus extends this invitation Mat 11:28-30.
Both scriptures you are quoting from is a direct reference from GENESIS 2:1-3..

GENESIS 2:1-3
1, Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2, And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3, And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
So what? This is still not the sabbath.
v9 that you leave out...

HEBREWS 4:9 [9], There remains a SABBATH REST <REST G4521 Sabatismos; a keeping of a SABBATH> to the people of God.
"Sabatismos" is a type or picture word.
My Bible says - There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. There seems to be a problem with this because the Greek says leaving behind, not remains/remaineth. The verse talks about rest. The verse does not talk about a periodic physical rest. This would in keeping with Gen 2:2-3. Verse 3 does not talk about a periodic rest. It talks about a permanent ceasing. That is what God did He stopped. God did not take a break. It is interesting that sabbath is defined as intermission a derivative of cease as found in Gen 2. Both words mean distinct different things. It matters not if they are related words.
Yep God's WORD is very clear it is talking about God's SABBATH rest :)
My famous NOPE!!!! applies here as demonstrated above.
Seems God's WORD disagrees with you
Beg your pardon. I am in complete agreement with God's Word. Offer all your opinion you want.
Not at all. You have been shown from God's WORD alone that it is talking about God's SABBATH. GENESIS 2:1-3 is the ORIGIN of God's SABBATH and 4th Commandment of the 10 Commandments.
No because there is no discussion on your part the words found in Genesis which I provided. You relied on common understanding of common words. Those word fool some people.
Let's compare the scriptures for further clarity as you still seem to be confused...

ORIGIN OF THE SABBATH; GOD'S 4TH COMMANDMENT (EXODUS 20:8-11)

2, And on the SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made.
3, And God blessed the SEVENTH DAY, AND MADE IT HOLY <7th DAY>: because that in it he had RESTED FROM ALL HIS WORKS THAT GOD CREATED AND MADE.

Some points to note from the scriptures...

v1-3 God completed creation in 6 days and RESTED on the SEVENTH DAY
v2 God RESTED on the SEVENTH DAY
v3 God SET APART the SEVENTH DAY and made SEVENTH DAY a HOLY DAY
v2 The SEVENTH DAY is part of the FINISHED WORK of the CREATION WEEK
You thinking is incomplete.
links to...

EXODUS 20:8-11
[8], Remember the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day; GENESIS 2:3)
[9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work:
[10], But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY ? KEY v 11>
[11]
, For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, AND RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, AND MADE IT HOLY. <DIRECT QUOTE FROM GENESIS 2:1-3>

Yep God's WORD is very clear and it is talking about God's SABBATH rest from CREATION and God's 4th Commandment :)

Seems God's WORD disagrees with you
No it does not because of a big word "wherefore." Your verse does not say the sabbath was created in Gen 2. It says wherefore meaning because opposed to "is."
Your quote above is in relation to multiple word definitions of REST and SABBATH I have written about from HEBREWS 4:9 as well as the GREEK WORDS for SABBATH and REST Sabbatismos and Sabbaton following their ORIGIN to the HEBREW root words for SABBATH and REST from Genesis 2:1-3 and Exodus 20:8-11.
What I read is your are right and I am wrong. In your definitions you highlighted what you wanted us to read as exclusive. In that list are many possibilities. From my definitions and the text I applied the proper definition. And discussed that definition and the text.
Out of all these different GREEK and HEBREW words and the scriptures associated to them you reference Shabbath and Shabath as the noun and verb meaning for reference of Genesis 2:1-3 and Exodus 20:8-11 use of REST and SABBATH. This was never the purpose for sharing these word meanings.
The word rested in Ex 20:11 is not the same word used in Gen 2. The word still does not imply periodic rest.
The purpose for sharing these words was to show that the ORIGIN of God's 4th Commandment (like the scripture posts in the above section of this post all these word meaning have their ORIGIN from GENESIS 2:1-3 AND THE HEBREW ROOT WORD IN REST (H7673) which is SHABATH (verb) which means; to repose, i.e. to cease from exertion.{used in many implied relations (causative, figurative or specific)}[a primitive root]KJV: (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, KEEP SABBATH, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

On the other hand the HEBREW WORD for Sabbath in EXODUS 20:8-11 means the interval (noun) between SHABATH (interval of REST) or from one SABBATH to another (EVERY SEVENTH DAY)

You are trying to make a strawman argument from something I have never said. Your argument does not change the fact that the reference from GENESIS 2:1-3 connects directly to God's 4th COMMANDMENT from EXODUS 20:8-11 as shown above here and in the previous section of scripture in this post.

Not only do the scripture ORIGINS trace back to GENESIS 2:1-3 and the creation week for God's 4th Commandment Sabbath so do the GREEK and HEBREW word meanings show the ORIGIN of SABBATH is the REST found in GENESIS 2.

God's WORD once again disagrees with you.

No it doesn't. Your only part quoting the HEBREW word meaning of H7673 which is; STRONGS HEBREW DICTIONARY; REST (H7673) which is SHABATH (verb) which means; to repose, i.e. to cease from exertion.{used in many implied relations (causative, figurative or specific)}[a primitive root]KJV: (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, KEEP SABBATH, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.
It is interesting to me that the word shabath is not translated as to repose. It is however translated several times to cease.
2, And on the SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made.
3, And God blessed the SEVENTH DAY, AND MADE IT HOLY <7th DAY>: because that in it he had RESTED FROM ALL HIS WORKS THAT GOD CREATED AND MADE.

Again there is a conjunction word because showing reason. This is not showing the same. There are reasons words like seventh and sabbath appear in Scripture. They are not the same thing. Again I go back to the words wherefore and because which show reason. This would be like explaining gravity. Example the apple became detached from the tree, therefore it falls to the ground. Deut 5 uses the word therefore.
God ceased from the WORK he made at creation. God SET ASIDE AND BLESSED the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK making EVERY SEVENTH DAY a HOLY DAY that no WORK is to be carried out. This is the ORIGIN of God's 4th COMMANDMENT * EXODUS 20:8-11. It is the SEVENTH DAY not everyday that God SET APART, BLESSED and MADE HOLY. Hence the Hebrew word in EXODUS 20:8-11 for SABBATH is SHABATH (H7676) the interval of rest every SEVENTH DAY.
Once again seems God's WORD disagrees with you my friend.

Hope this helps..
The sabbath was given exclusively to Israel as a sign of the covenant making it special. If everyone kept it it would not be special. Ex 31:13, 17

bugkiller

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello BK,

Some more comments for you below for your consideration.
It is not the statement by itself. It is the definition of the words.

Not really. You have been provided the orignal GREEK and HEBREW meanings tracing ORIGIN in both scripture and word meanings of REST and SABBATH back to GENESIS 2:1-3 and the creation week. You have chosen to ignore them.

Your claim is not keeping the national law given to Israel is sin.

Now BK, are you making things up now? Where in all of God's WORD does it say that God's 10 Commandments are the national law of Israel? God's 10 Commandments are God's LAW and it is God's LAW that gives a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN and RIGHETEOUSNESS are (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; James 2:9-11; 1 John 3:4).

If you are not a part of God's Israel then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT as Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL (Romans 11:16:27). Not to mention all the other scriptures in the NEW TESTAMENT that say then same...

WHO ARE GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

GALATIANS 3:28-29 [28], THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS [29], and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.

No explanation needed, believe God's Word, and again...

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

ROMANS 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

God's Israel continued...

COLOSSIANS 3:11 [11], WHERE THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: BUT CHRIST IS ALL IN ALL.

ROMANS 10:11-13 [11], For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [12], FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JEW OR GREEK: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.

The New Covenant is for God's Israel...

EZEKIEL 36:26-27 [26], A NEW HEART WILL I GIVE YOU, AND A NEW SPIRIT WILL I PUT WITHIN YOU; AND I WILL TAKE AWAY THE STONY HEART OUT OF YOUR FLESH, AND GIVE YOU A HEART OF FLESH. [27], AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES AND YOU SHALL KEEP MY JUDGEMENTS AND DO THEM.

and again...

JEREMIAH 31:33-34 [33], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS,AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Paul proclaims it here...

HEBREWS 8:10-12 [10], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The NEW COVENANT is for GOD'S ISRAEL which represent those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God’s WORD. If you are not part of GOD'S ISRAEL then you are not a part of the NEW COVENANT (Hebrews 8:10-12).

GENTILES are now grafted in please read ROMANS 11:16-27

Seems God's WORD disagrees with you.

Your idea means that Abraham kept the law which came 430 after him. This is not only impossible, but Moses says no in Deut 5:3.

Abraham did keep God's law and God's law has always been known since sin entered the world (Genesis 26:5).

LGW wrote: Do you believe that we are saved while CONTINUING in a life of KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN?
NO and the problem is what you are calling sin. Since the Christian is not obligated to that covenant, we can not violate it. Thus there is no sin in not keeping the 4th commandment you do not keep yourself.

You are mixing up the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT with God's ETERNAL laws (10 Commandments) that give us a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is. As it is written in the NEW COVENANT..

ROMANS 3:20 [20], Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: FOR BY THE LAW IS THE KNOWLEDGE OF SIN.

ROMANS 7:7 [7], What shall we say then? is the law sin? God forbid. NO, I HAD NOT KNOWN SIN, BUT BY THE LAW; FOR I HAD NOT KNOWN LUST, EXCEPT THE LAW HAD SAID YOU SHALL NOT COVET (10th Commandment example; Exodus 20:17).

JAMES 2:8-11 [8], If you fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, You shall love your neighbor as yourself, you do well: [9], But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convicted of the law as transgressors. [10], For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11], For he that said, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, said also, DO NOT KILL. Now if you commit no ADULTERY, yet you KILL, you are become a transgressor of the law. (6th and 7th Commandment examples; Exodus 20:13-14)

John also agrees with Paul and James...

1 JOHN 3:4 [4], Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF GOD'S LAW.

Seems like God's WORD disgrees with you. SIN is indeed breaking ANY of God's 10 Commandments under the NEW COVENANT. Salvation is FROM SIN not IN SIN. As Paul says..

ROMANS 3:31 [31], Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW

I would say you do not understand I Jn 1:9.

I would say God's WORD disagrees with you.

LGW wrote; ..these are those who believe a counterfeit Gospel. The counterfeit Gospel is one that DENIES the POWER OF GOD to save a SINNER from their SINS. This is NOT the true Gospel. The true Gospel is one that SAVED the SINNER from their SINS as it is written..
Yes you preach a counterfeit gospel of law. The law is not good news or the Good News.

I would say God's WORD that you have ignored disagrees with you

SCRIPTURE SUPPORT from post # 101 linked CLICK ME.

If you are not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, why are you trying to push the law on people? bugkiller

MATTHEW 9:12-13 [12], But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. [13], But go and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

GALATIANS 3:24-25 [24], Therefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. [25], But after faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

There is no Gospel without God's LAW (10 Commandments). If there is no LAW then there is no KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is. If there is NO KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is then NO ONE knows they are SINNERS in need of a SAVIOR. If there is NO SAVIOR then there is NO SALVATION. IF there is NO SALVATION then you are LOST because you are still in your SINS. Which leads to the conclusion found in God's WORD...

ROMANS 2:12 [12], FOR AS MANY AS HAVE SINNED WITHOUT THE LAW SHALL ALSO PERISH WITHOUT THE LAW; and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Because the new covenant is exactly that. If it is not in the new covenant requirements, it is not a requirement of the new covenant the Christians is under the jurisdiction of. bugkiller

As shown earlier through God's WORD you mix up the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT with God's ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) which are a part of the NEW COVENANT and the Judgement to come that are the KNOWLEDGE of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS that lead us to Jesus.

If you do not understand what the OLD COVENANT shadows are how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is?

SCRIPTURE SUPPORT linked CLICK ME...

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Just because you say this is true and then you quote a bunch of verses that have the word Ordinance in it establishes nothing.

Would not "laws or decrees" refer to the 10 commandments?
The 10 Commandments were perfect, as in the highest standard to aspire to.
Have you ever heard the expression, "perfection is my enemy"?
This is why the 10 Commandments were against us, because nobody could keep them.
And if you think different, can you show me one person in the OT that kept the 10 Commandments?

I will have to disagree that the 10C was the "highest" standard. They were holy, but to me they were the bare minimum. So you don't kill; do you hate? So you don't commit adultery; do you lust? They were easy to keep, all except for the last one because coveting is a heart issue, and it is the only one that is, and that one commandment made them guilty of all. They were so easy to keep, the Pharisees were arrogant. 9 out of 10 seemed good enough for them.

Jesus came to cure the heart issue. His commandments were far above the 10C in standard, because they represented fully the eternal laws of God, to love God with all your mind, strength and spirit and love your neighbor as yourself. They were tougher and the highest, yet they were easy because Jesus gives those who repent of sin His Own Spirit to kill the desire to sin, and remove the carnal flesh making us new creatures whom also have the seeds of the fruit of the Spirit planted in us. By walking in love we overcome even coveting. Why covet the things of this world, when heaven awaits us?

1 John 3:23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

The crucifixion of Christ was preordained before the foundation of the world. Even before Adam was created, let alone sinned. That is why God rested from His work on the 7th Day and hallowed it. Certainly not because He was tired. And later it was important that they "remember" the Sabbath day to keep it holy. No work was to be done. It represented the grace that would someday come through trusting Christ, not by works. "Come unto Me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." says the Lord of the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But saying that HEBREWS 4:3-4 is not talking about God's SABBATH REST is true.

Sorry BK, That has no truth in it whatsoever. As shown through God's WORD already HEBREWS 4:3-4 in referencing God's rest which is the ORIGIN of the SABBATH when the SEVENTH DAY was made a HOLY DAY by GOD in GENESIS 2:1-3 and commanded by GOD to mankind in EXODUS 20:8-11 as the 4th Commandment of the 10 Commandments.

SCRIPTURES PROVIDED ALREADY linked CLICK ME.

Sorry BK, God's WORD disagrees with you.

This is the reason it is true. There is no mention of the sabbath in either of those verses.

Equivocation much? That is like a scripture saying thou shalt not kill is not talking about God's 10 Commandments because the word 10 Commandments is not mentioned in the scripture, leading the reader to a false conclusion.

HEBREWS 4:3-4 is a direct reference to GENESIS 2:1-3 which is the ORIGIN of the SABBATH that God blessed, set apart and made the SEVENTH DAY a HOLY DAY.

Ever wonder why? The sabbath is not God's rest. Those who kept the sabbath were told they would never enter God's rest. Jesus offered Himself as this rest to sabbath keeping Jews. Why? It is because they had no rest. They periodically ceased and returned to physical labor. The sabbath is about physical rest and a shadow law reflecting Jesus, who gives this rest which only comes through Him. Jesus extends this invitation Mat 11:28-30.

Do you have any scripture? All I see is your own words denying God's WORD. God's people in the wilderness did not enter into God's SABBATH rest because they did not BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD (sinned see HEBREWS 3:7-19; HEBREWS 4:1-6; HEBREWS 4:9-11)

LGW wrote: Both scriptures you are quoting from is a direct reference from
2, And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3, And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
So what? This is still not the sabbath.

AMAZING so your saying that GENESIS 2:1-3 is not the SABBATH even after all the scriptures and GREEK and HEBREW word definitions provided that disagree with you? No need to comment here the scriptures speak for themselves.

"Sabatismos" is a type or picture word. My Bible says - There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. There seems to be a problem with this because the Greek says leaving behind, not remains/remaineth. The verse talks about rest. The verse does not talk about a periodic physical rest. This would in keeping with Gen 2:2-3. Verse 3 does not talk about a periodic rest. It talks about a permanent ceasing. That is what God did He stopped. God did not take a break. It is interesting that sabbath is defined as intermission a derivative of cease as found in Gen 2. Both words mean distinct different things. It matters not if they are related words.

No because there is no discussion on your part the words found in Genesis which I provided. You relied on common understanding of common words. Those word fool some people.

Sorry BK, none of that is true whatsoever.

The GREEK word for REST in HEBREWS 4:9 is "Sabatismos" the GREEK meaning G4520 σαββατισμός sabbatismos (sab-ba-tiz-mos') n. 1. a “sabbatism.” 2. (figuratively) the repose of Christianity (as a type of heaven) from a derivative of G4521 σάββατον sabbaton (saɓ'-ɓa-ton) n. 1. the Sabbath (i.e. Shabbath). 2. a day of weekly repose from secular avocations. 3. the observance or institution itself. 4. (by extension) a week, i.e. the interval between two Sabbaths. 5. likewise the plural in all the above applications. [of Hebrew origin (H7676)] שַׁבָּת shabbath (shab-bawth') n-e. 1. intermission, a period of temporary rest. 2. (specifically) the Sabbath, the seventh day being the day of rest.

Secondly as explained earlier (that you ignored and said I provided no discussion)

Your quote above was in relation to multiple word definitions of REST and SABBATH I have written about from HEBREWS 4:9 as well as the GREEK WORDS for SABBATH and REST Sabbatismos and Sabbaton following their ORIGIN to the HEBREW root words for SABBATH and REST from Genesis 2:1-3 and Exodus 20:8-11.

Out of all these different GREEK and HEBREW words and the scriptures associated to them you reference Shabbath and Shabath as the noun and verb meaning for reference of Genesis 2:1-3 and Exodus 20:8-11 use of REST and SABBATH. This was never the purpose for sharing these word meanings.

The purpose for sharing these words was to show that the ORIGIN of God's 4th Commandment (like the scripture posts in the above section of this post all these word meaning have their ORIGIN from GENESIS 2:1-3 AND THE HEBREW ROOT WORD IN REST (H7673) which is SHABATH (verb) which means; to repose, i.e. to cease from exertion.{used in many implied relations (causative, figurative or specific)}[a primitive root]KJV: (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, KEEP SABBATH, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

On the other hand the HEBREW WORD for Sabbath in EXODUS 20:8-11 means the interval (noun) between SHABATH (interval of REST) or from one SABBATH to another (EVERY SEVENTH DAY)

You are trying to make a strawman argument from something I have never said. Your argument does not change the fact that the reference from GENESIS 2:1-3 connects directly to God's 4th COMMANDMENT from EXODUS 20:8-11 as shown above here and in the previous section of scripture in this post.

Not only do the scripture ORIGINS trace back to GENESIS 2:1-3 and the creation week for God's 4th Commandment Sabbath so do the GREEK and HEBREW word meanings show the ORIGIN of SABBATH is the REST found in GENESIS 2.

Now if we look at the literal GREEK from the Interlinear of HEBREWS 4:9 it read ....

INTERLINEAR linked..

HEBREWS 4:9 So then there remains A SABBATH REST TO THE PEOPLE OF GOD

Other bible version read...

New International Version
There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;

English Standard Version
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,

Berean Study Bible
So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

Berean Literal Bible
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

New American Standard Bible

Christian Standard Bible
Therefore, a Sabbath rest remains for God's people.

Contemporary English Version
But God has promised us a Sabbath when we will rest, even though it has not yet come.

Good News Translation
As it is, however, there still remains for God's people a rest like God's resting on the seventh day.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
There remains, therefore, a Sabbath rest for the people of God to keep,

NET Bible
Consequently a Sabbath rest remains for the people of God.

New Heart English Bible
There remains therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Therefore, a time of rest and worship exists for God's people.

New American Standard 1977

American Standard Version
There remaineth therefore a sabbath rest for the people of God.

Darby Bible Translation
There remains then a sabbatism to the people of God.

English Revised Version

Weymouth New Testament
It follows that there still remains a sabbath rest for the people of God.

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
there doth remain, then, a sabbatic rest to the people of God,

Sorry BK, God's WORD disagrees with your interpretation of "Sabatismos" as do most of the bible translations.

The word rested in Ex 20:11 is not the same word used in Gen 2. The word still does not imply periodic rest. It is interesting to me that the word shabath is not translated as to repose. It is however translated several times to cease. Again there is a conjunction word because showing reason. This is not showing the same. There are reasons words like seventh and sabbath appear in Scripture. They are not the same thing. Again I go back to the words wherefore and because which show reason. This would be like explaining gravity. Example the apple became detached from the tree, therefore it falls to the ground.

What you are also avoiding and denying here in relation to Genesis 2:1-3 and Exodus 20:8-11 is that God BLESSED, SET APART and MADE HOLY the SEVENTH DAY of the week. So God made the SEVENTH DAY of the week a HOLY DAY. You are ignoring this in all of your discussion and this is the link into the 4th Commandment not whether the word rest is a verb or a noun. This is irrelavant to the topic of conversation and does not change the outcome of the ORIGIN of the SABBATH from creation (Hebrews 4:3-4; Genesis 2:1-3).

Sorry BK God's WORD as well as the HEBERW AND GREEK WORD meanings and even most of the bible translations all disagree with you on every level.

Hope this helps..:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hello BK,

Some more comments for you below for your consideration.

Not really. You have been provided the orignal GREEK and HEBREW meanings tracing ORIGIN in both scripture and word meanings of REST and SABBATH back to GENESIS 2:1-3 and the creation week. You have chosen to ignore them.
You provided definitions you want to apply. I provided definitions that agree with the text. This is why your definitions are ignored as you say.
Now BK, are you making things up now? Where in all of God's WORD does it say that God's 10 Commandments are the national law of Israel? God's 10 Commandments are God's LAW and it is God's LAW that gives a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN and RIGHETEOUSNESS are (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; James 2:9-11; 1 John 3:4).
I have no idea why these words of Moses are not good enough for you -

5 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.

2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.

3 The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

4 The Lord talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,

5 (I stood between the Lord and you at that time, to shew you the word of the Lord: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire, and went not up into the mount;) saying,

6 I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. Deut

besides that your buddy BobRyan was the first to use national law.
If you are not a part of God's Israel then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT as Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL (Romans 11:16:27). Not to mention all the other scriptures in the NEW TESTAMENT that say then same...
That is not what the Gospels say. Maybe you should consider -

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. Jn 3

or hows bout -

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Jn 5
WHO ARE GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

GALATIANS 3:28-29 [28], THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS [29], and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.
Pardon me, but exactly where does Israel appear in any of these verses. You emphasized FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS and THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE. Nothing about Israel. Neither Jesus or Abraham represent Israel anywhere in the Bible.
No explanation needed, believe God's Word, and again...

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.
You neglect -

23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God. Hos 2

This says nothing about Israel or becoming Israel.
ROMANS 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
This does not make it possible a gentile becomes a Jew. A Jew is not complete until he accepts Jesus as the Messiah. It is the heart that changes. There is no such thing as spiritual Israel.
God's Israel continued...

COLOSSIANS 3:11 [11], WHERE THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: BUT CHRIST IS ALL IN ALL.
Again nothing about Israel. There is something about Jesus though.
ROMANS 10:11-13 [11], For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [12], FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JEW OR GREEK: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.
Again where is Israel in these verses. These verses do not say all become Jews.
The New Covenant is for God's Israel...

EZEKIEL 36:26-27 [26], A NEW HEART WILL I GIVE YOU, AND A NEW SPIRIT WILL I PUT WITHIN YOU; AND I WILL TAKE AWAY THE STONY HEART OUT OF YOUR FLESH, AND GIVE YOU A HEART OF FLESH. [27], AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES AND YOU SHALL KEEP MY JUDGEMENTS AND DO THEM.
So what does this have to do with becoming Israel? Nothing that is what.
and again...

JEREMIAH 31:33-34 [33], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS,AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
So you deny the historical record in Acts excluding all that do not become Jews. You are a real self defeating hoot.
Paul proclaims it here...

HEBREWS 8:10-12 [10], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
This is a quote from Jeremiah. Big deal. It still does not make your case.
The NEW COVENANT is for GOD'S ISRAEL which represent those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God’s WORD. If you are not part of GOD'S ISRAEL then you are not a part of the NEW COVENANT (Hebrews 8:10-12).
NOPE!!!!
GENTILES are now grafted in please read ROMANS 11:16-27
I am very familiar with Romans 11 you reference. I suggest you read what is there and not read into it what you want to believe. The text clearly says graft in among them. And I did not even have to check. You have no concept of the olive tree in Israel in that day. An olive tree was more like what we call a bush. No single trunk. What we are graft into is the root - Jesus.

Seems God's WORD disagrees with you. I return these word to you.
Abraham did keep God's law and God's law has always been known since sin entered the world (Genesis 26:5).
Abraham did not keep the 10 Cs which came 430 years after him and Moses also says Abraham did not have them.

I deleted the rest of your post because I am tired of dealing with your unfounded accusations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You provided definitions you want to apply. I provided definitions that agree with the text. This is why your definitions are ignored as you say.U have no idea why these words of Moses are not good enough for you -

5 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.

2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.

3 The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

4 The Lord talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,

5 (I stood between the Lord and you at that time, to shew you the word of the Lord: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire, and went not up into the mount;) saying,

6 I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. Deut

besides that your buddy BobRyan was the first to use national law.That is not what the Gospels say. Maybe you should consider -

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. Jn 3

or hows bout -

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Jn 5Pardon me, but exactly where does Israel appear in any of these verses. You emphasized FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS and THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE. Nothing about Israel. Neither Jesus or Abraham represent Israel anywhere in the Bible.You neglect -

23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God. Hos 2

This says nothing about Israel or becoming Israel.This does not make it possible a gentile becomes a Jew. A Jew is not complete until he accepts Jesus as the Messiah. It is the heart that changes. There is no such thing as spiritual Israel.Again nothing about Israel. There is something about Jesus though.Again where is Israel in these verses. These verses do not say all become Jews.So what does this have to do with becoming Israel? Nothing that is what.So you deny the historical record in Acts excluding all that do not become Jews. You are a real self defeating hoot.This is a quote from Jeremiah. Big deal. It still does not make your case.NOPE!!!!I am very familiar with Romans 11 you reference. I suggest you read what is there and not read into it what you want to believe. The text clearly says graft in among them. And I did not even have to check. You have no concept of the olive tree in Israel in that day. An olive tree was more like what we call a bush. No single trunk. What we are graft into is the root - Jesus.

Seems God's WORD disagrees with you. I return these word to you.Abraham did not keep the 10 Cs which came 430 years after him and Moses also says Abraham did not have them.

I deleted the rest of your post because I am tired of dealing with your unfounded accusations.

Hello BK, did you have any scripture to share?

You are just repeating yourself now. Your post above has already been addressed with scripture. Your only sharing your own words and trying to argue against God's WORD in your post above. We should BELIEVE God's WORD and FOLLOW it because only God's WORD is true (John 17:17)

Your trying to make an argument above that JEWS are not a part of God's ISRAEL when they are one of the 12 tribes of ISREAL that make up ISRAEL and that gentiles are not grafted into ISRAEL as Paul says in ROMANS 11:16-27, will not help you.

This is like what you were trying to do in an earlier post, which is like saying when a scripture has one of the 10 Commandments in it that it not not one of the 10 Commandments because the word ten commandments is not mentioned in the scripture.

This is especially highlighted by the fact that the NEW COVENANT promise is to ISRAEL (Hebrews 8:10-12; Jeremiah 31:31-34). If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL as already shown through the scriptures then you are not a part of the NEW COVENANT promise.

You have been given the scriptures. You can choose to BELIEFVE God's WORD or not. I do not judge you (John 12:47-48) as your salvation is between you and God and you need to answer to God come judgement day, not me.

Sorry BK, God's WORD disagrees with you. Maybe we should agree to disagree and remain friends. Maybe you can pray more about the scriptures provided at home and we can talk more about them latter if you like? :)

Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW him who calls us in LOVE to LOVE another.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hello BK, did you have any scripture to share?

You are just repeating yourself now. Your post above has already been addressed with scripture. Your only sharing your own words and trying to argue against God's WORD in your post above. We should BELIEVE God's WORD and FOLLOW it because only God's WORD is true (John 17:17)
Why are you responding as though I have not posted Scripture? Your quotes of Scripture do not answer any of my questions or concerns. You ignore Jer 31:32 for instance.
Your trying to make an argument above that JEWS are not a part of God's ISRAEL when they are one of the 12 tribes of ISREAL that make up ISRAEL and that gentiles are not grafted into ISRAEL as Paul says in ROMANS 11:16-27, will not help you.
Please quote me where I said or implied Jews are no part of Israel.

You over look v 17 where it says "in among them." This is Scripture even you quote. I posted this before.
This is like what you were trying to do in an earlier post, which is like saying when a scripture has one of the 10 Commandments in it that it not not one of the 10 Commandments because the word ten commandments is not mentioned in the scripture.
I notice you did not quote me here. I have not said anything like that. Again you ignore Jer 31:32. The new covenant is not like the old covenant written on stone tablets (Deut 4:13).
This is especially highlighted by the fact that the NEW COVENANT promise is to ISRAEL (Hebrews 8:10-12; Jeremiah 31:31-34). If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL as already shown through the scriptures then you are not a part of the NEW COVENANT promise.
I quoted from John proving this is not true. I have mentioned the testimony of Acts which also prove you wrong.
You have been given the scriptures. You can choose to BELIEFVE God's WORD or not. I do not judge you (John 12:47-48) as your salvation is between you and God and you need to answer to God come judgement day, not me.
I choose to believe the passages I have provided to you from both testaments.
Sorry BK, God's WORD disagrees with you. Maybe we should agree to disagree and remain friends. Maybe you can pray more about the scriptures provided at home and we can talk more about them latter if you like? :)
Remain friends?
Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW him who calls us in LOVE to LOVE another.
The proof I love you is the provision of the Scripture both quoted and referenced to you.
bugkiller[/quote]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why are you responding as though I have not posted Scripture? Your quotes of Scripture do not answer any of my questions or concerns. You ignore Jer 31:32 for instance.Please quote me where I said or implied Jews are no part of Israel.

You over look v 17 where it says "in among them." This is Scripture even you quote. I posted this before. I notice you did not quote me here. I have not said anything like that. Again you ignore Jer 31:32. The new covenant is not like the old covenant written on stone tablets (Deut 4:13).I quoted fropm John proving this is not true. I have mentioned the testimony of Acts which also prove you wrong.

Sorry BK everything you have posted has been shown to be a false interpretation of the scriptures by looking at context and providing more scripture that disagrees with your interpretation of the scriptures you have provided.

Happy to repost all the scriptures you have ignored if you like? Just let me know.

Please, if you disagree respond to the posts provided to you and the scriptures in them that disagree with your teaching. If you cannot then repeating your words over God's does not make the scriptures that disagree with you disappear and only further shows you are in error.

I have not ignored any of the scriptures you have posted. I have responded to each one with more scripture showing your interpretation is not correct and you have ignored these posts and scriptures.

You are free to believe as you wish. I do not judge you. Your salvation is between you and God come judgement day. Not me and you and it is God's WORD not mine that you are disagreeing with.

The difference between what you are saying and what I have posted scripture wise, is that if I am not correct and I can hold my faith to the end, then I will still see you in God's kingdom because I accept my salvation soley through God's GRACE alone through the BLOOD of Jesus Christ my savior through FAITH in his WORD. Now because I LOVE him I choose to FOLLOW him by walking in his Spirit through LOVE.

If you are wrong however in your teaching, then will I still see you in God's KINGDOM if GOD's WORD teaches all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT ENTER the KINGDOM of HEAVEN?

I would pray about these scriptures provided to you if I was you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sorry BK everything you have posted has been shown to be a false interpretation of the scriptures by looking at context and providing more scripture that disagrees with your interpretation of the scriptures you have provided.
Unfortunately the only thing you offer about what I have said is personal attack. You have shown nothing I have posted as false. You have posted many out of context passages. When ask about them you never comment. Another unfortunate thing for you is I am familiar with SDA teaching and have read Walter Martins book "Kingdom of the Cults." I have plenty door to door experience. I even know some about the Moonies (spelling).
Happy to repost all the scriptures you have ignored if you like? Just let me know.
Spare us the spam posts we will not read again.
Please, if you disagree respond to the posts provided to you and the scriptures in them that disagree with your teaching. If you cannot then repeating your words over God's does not make the scriptures that disagree with you disappear and only further shows you are in error.
Yes Jn 1:17, 3:15-18, 5:24, chapter 10, 15:10; Rom 5:13, 7:6, 10:4, 11:17; Gal 3:17-19, 4:30, 5:18 and many more will not disappear by ignoring them. These are just off the top of my head without even looking anything up. Yes there are more I could post whith out checking. You get the drift.
I have not ignored any of the scriptures you have posted. I have responded to each one with more scripture showing your interpretation is not correct and you have ignored these posts and scriptures.
Please reference any post you addressed Jer 31:32 or Heb 8:9 by more than including it in some quoted passage.
You are free to believe as you wish. I do not judge you. Your salvation is between you and God come judgement day. Not me and you and it is God's WORD not mine that you are disagreeing with.
You have been invited to show how I have ignored God's Word with any of the referenced passages above.
The difference between what you are saying and what I have posted scripture wise, is that if I am not correct then I will still see you in God's kingdom. If you are wrong however in your teaching then you will not be there as God's WORD teaches all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT ENTER the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.
You teach a covenant not in force that also does not provide salvation. You can not observe conflicting covenants.
I would pray about these scriptures provided to you if I was you.
All people who do what you are doing say the same thing. Those people also do not believe any of the passages I referenced to you. I reference them rather than quote them so the hungry and true seeker will look them up. You will not look them up or even show how I am wrong about them with any discussion of them.

So I expect to see more thoughtless c&p from you.

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry BK, That has no truth in it whatsoever. As shown through God's WORD already HEBREWS 4:3-4 in referencing God's rest which is the ORIGIN of the SABBATH when the SEVENTH DAY was made a HOLY DAY by GOD in GENESIS 2:1-3 and commanded by GOD to mankind in EXODUS 20:8-11 as the 4th Commandment of the 10 Commandments.

Sorry BK, God's WORD disagrees with you.

Equivocation much? That is like a scripture saying thou shalt not kill is not talking about God's 10 Commandments because the word 10 Commandments is not mentioned in the scripture, leading the reader to a false conclusion.

HEBREWS 4:3-4 is a direct reference to GENESIS 2:1-3 which is the ORIGIN of the SABBATH that God blessed, set apart and made the SEVENTH DAY a HOLY DAY.

Do you have any scripture? All I see is your own words denying God's WORD. God's people in the wilderness did not enter into God's SABBATH rest because they did not BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD (sinned see HEBREWS 3:7-19; HEBREWS 4:1-6; HEBREWS 4:9-11)

AMAZING so your saying that GENESIS 2:1-3 is not the SABBATH even after all the scriptures and GREEK and HEBREW word definitions provided that disagree with you? No need to comment here the scriptures speak for themselves.

Sorry BK, none of that is true whatsoever.

The GREEK word for REST in HEBREWS 4:9 is "Sabatismos" the GREEK meaning G4520 σαββατισμός sabbatismos (sab-ba-tiz-mos') n. 1. a “sabbatism.” 2. (figuratively) the repose of Christianity (as a type of heaven) from a derivative of G4521 σάββατον sabbaton (saɓ'-ɓa-ton) n. 1. the Sabbath (i.e. Shabbath). 2. a day of weekly repose from secular avocations. 3. the observance or institution itself. 4. (by extension) a week, i.e. the interval between two Sabbaths. 5. likewise the plural in all the above applications. [of Hebrew origin (H7676)] שַׁבָּת shabbath (shab-bawth') n-e. 1. intermission, a period of temporary rest. 2. (specifically) the Sabbath, the seventh day being the day of rest.

Secondly as explained earlier (that you ignored and said I provided no discussion)

Your quote above was in relation to multiple word definitions of REST and SABBATH I have written about from HEBREWS 4:9 as well as the GREEK WORDS for SABBATH and REST Sabbatismos and Sabbaton following their ORIGIN to the HEBREW root words for SABBATH and REST from Genesis 2:1-3 and Exodus 20:8-11.

Now if we look at the literal GREEK from the Interlinear of HEBREWS 4:9 it read ....

INTERLINEAR linked..

HEBREWS 4:9 So then there remains A SABBATH REST TO THE PEOPLE OF GOD

Other bible version read...

New International Version
There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;

English Standard Version
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

New American Standard Bible

Christian Standard Bible

Contemporary English Version
But God has promised us a Sabbath when we will rest, even though it has not yet come.

Good News Translation
As it is, however, there still remains for God's people a rest like God's resting on the seventh day.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
There remains, therefore, a Sabbath rest for the people of God to keep,

NET Bible
Consequently a Sabbath rest remains for the people of God.

New Heart English Bible

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Therefore, a time of rest and worship exists for God's people.

New American Standard 1977

American Standard Version

Darby Bible Translation
There remains then a sabbatism to the people of God.

English Revised Version

Weymouth New Testament
It follows that there still remains a sabbath rest for the people of God.

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
there doth remain, then, a sabbatic rest to the people of God,

Sorry BK, God's WORD disagrees with your interpretation of "Sabatismos" as do most of the bible translations.

What you are also avoiding and denying here in relation to Genesis 2:1-3 and Exodus 20:8-11 is that God BLESSED, SET APART and MADE HOLY the SEVENTH DAY of the week. So God made the SEVENTH DAY of the week a HOLY DAY. You are ignoring this in all of your discussion and this is the link into the 4th Commandment not whether the word rest is a verb or a noun. This is irrelavant to the topic of conversation and does not change the outcome of the ORIGIN of the SABBATH from creation (Hebrews 4:3-4; Genesis 2:1-3).

Sorry BK God's WORD as well as the HEBERW AND GREEK WORD meanings and even most of the bible translations all disagree with you on every level.

Hope this helps..:)

Yes, now God's rest is called grace. Not by works lest anyone should boast. Many Adventists have tried to link the Sabbath day to what Hebrews 4 is talking about, and the honest ones realize the context of God's rest is TRUST, and the outcome is grace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately the only thing you offer about what I have said is personal attack.

Not at all my friend, sharing God's WORD is not a personal attack whatsoever. It is God's WORD and we should beleive and follow it over the techings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. It is God's WORD that says those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not ENTER God's KINGDOM not me.

You have shown nothing I have posted as false.

We will need to agree to disagree. Your salvation is between you and God. I do not judge you. It is God's WORD that will judge us all come judgement day (John 12:47-48)

You have posted many out of context passages.

Not at all. The scriptures posted that you have ignored only show your error.

When ask about them you never comment.

Now your making things up.

Another unfortunate thing for you is I am familiar with SDA teaching and have read Walter Martins book "Kingdom of the Cults."

Your better off reading and trusting in God's Word more then the teaching and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

I have plenty door to door experience. I even know some about the Moonies (spelling).

Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it.

Spare us the spam posts we will not read again.Yes Jn 1:17, 3:15-18, 5:24, chapter 10, 15:10; Rom 5:13, 7:6, 10:4, 11:17; Gal 3:17-19, 4:30, 5:18 and many more will not disappear by ignoring them. These are just off the top of my head without even looking anything up. Yes there are more I could post whith out checking. You get the drift.

I love and believe all the scriptures you quote above just not your interpretation of them. I have responded to these scriptures in earlier posts.

In the posts you quote above you mix up the Shadow laws from the MOSAIC book of the COVENANT fulfilled in Christ which outlined God's plan of salvation with the ETERNAL LAWS of GOD that show us a knowledge of SIN and RIGHTOEUSNESS and are the very standard of the NEW COVENANT and the JUDGEMENT to come.

The posts and scriptures in them linked below show your error. Please feel free to respond to them.

SCRIPTURE SUPPORT 1 CLICK ME; SHADOWS

SCRIPTURE SUPPORT 2 CLICK ME; GOD'S LAW IN THE NEW COVENANT
SCRIPTURE SUPPORT 3 CLICK ME; JUDGEMENT TIME ARE YOU READY?

Please reference any post you addressed Jer 31:32 or Heb 8:9 by more than including it in some quoted passage.

We are living in the NEW COVENANT now not the OLD COVENANT. If you do not understand what the OLD COVENANT was how can you understand the NEW?

SCRIPTURE SUPPORT; WHAT WAS THE OLD COVENANT THE POINTS TO THE NEW?

You have been invited to show how I have ignored God's Word with any of the referenced passages above.

See all the linked posts and scripture support above not to mention most of the posts to you in this OP.

You teach a covenant not in force that also does not provide salvation. You can not observe conflicting covenants.

Not at all. I do not teach the OLD COVENANT and do not obseve conflicting Covenants.

All people who do what you are doing say the same thing. Those people also do not believe any of the passages I referenced to you.

Maybe you need to reconsider what you believe?

Sorry BK. You are free to believe what you wish. It is between you and God. I do not judge you.

I think deep down inside however, you know there is something wrong with your teachings or you would not be returning here.

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow him who loves all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, now God's rest is called grace. Not by works lest anyone should boast. Many Adventists have tried to link the Sabbath day to what Hebrews 4 is talking about, and the honest ones realize the context of God's rest is TRUST, and the outcome is grace.

No need to link something that is already there (Hebrews 4:3-5; Hebrews 4:9). Can't enter God's Sabbath rest without entering the Gospel rest. This is the subject matter of Heberws 4 and warning for all mankind.

Many in mainstream christianity do not like to hear this message because it is showing they are breaking God's 4th Commandment and sinning against God either by ignorance or on purpose.

See scripture support in post # 82 linked CLICK ME

See scripture support in post # 111 linked CLICK ME

See scripture support in post # 125 linked CLICK ME

hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not at all my friend, sharing God's WORD is not a personal attack whatsoever. It is God's WORD and we should beleive and follow it over the techings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. It is God's WORD that says those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not ENTER God's KINGDOM not me.
You know what? I have attended church for 50 years and you are doing the same thing. You are staunchly against my belief and the Scriptures I post. Largely you do this by changing the definitions and out right denial if not ignoring my Scriptures. You can not get around or by them. I am not your average lazy go to meeting christian. I have read all of God's Word several times cover to cover. I only use an on line Bible to prevent typos. Strong's enables me to locate a verse I have trouble locating in seconds. So I have been there, done that and got the tee shirt even from your church.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

We will need to agree to disagree. Your salvation is between you and God. I do not judge you. It is God's WORD that will judge us all come judgement day (John 12:47-48)
Have you said I am in wilful unrepentant sin? You post that spam in many posts.
Not at all. The scriptures posted that you have ignored only show your error.
Ignored or showed otherwise. It is you who will not discuss the word "new" which is very important your thread. The reason you refuse is because it will shoot you in the foot. Jeremiah is very important to the discussion. I noticed you seem to like Heb 8:10-12 by passing v 9. Most likely because it is a problem for you. You do the same with Jn 14:15 by passing 15:10. There is a reason. Even when Moses is quoted or referenced I get a by pass or denial, no textual discussion, just other Scriptures. What you are doing is called diversion.
Now your making things up.
No, I do not do that. I do say many things you disagree with and perhaps do not understand. I understand because of II Cor 3:15.
Your better off reading and trusting in God's Word more then the teaching and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.
I do not teach the traditions of men. I also do not teach and require keeping a replaced covenant that has no jurisdiction over the Christian.
Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it.
Now there is some thing I can agree with if you consider the whole Bible.
I love and believe all the scriptures you quote above just not your interpretation of them. I have responded to these scriptures in earlier posts.
Please quote with reference any post in which you discussed Jer 31:32, Lk 16:16, or Jn 1:17.
In the posts you quote above you mix up the Shadow laws from the MOSAIC book of the COVENANT fulfilled in Christ which outlined God's plan of salvation with the ETERNAL LAWS of GOD that show us a knowledge of SIN and RIGHTOEUSNESS and are the very standard of the NEW COVENANT and the JUDGEMENT to come.
I do not think so, but if you can show that to be true reference by reference. Your c&p tactic should serve you well here.
Yes I am because I have already passed according to Jesus in Jn 5:24. You? How since you claim you will be going to the judgment. I will answer a roll call, my name is in the Book of Life.
We are living in the NEW COVENANT now not the OLD COVENANT. If you do not understand what the OLD COVENANT was how can you understand the NEW?
What exactly do you think I do not understand about the OC?
SCRIPTURE SUPPORT; WHAT WAS THE OLD COVENANT THE POINTS TO THE NEW?

See all the linked posts and scripture support above not to mention most of the posts to you in this OP.

Not at all. I do not teach the OLD COVENANT and do not obseve conflicting Covenants.
Why do you say such things? You teach obligation to the stone tablets while you disregard them. Moses says -

13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone. Deut 4
Maybe you need to reconsider what you believe?
Yes you should.
Sorry BK. You are free to believe what you wish. It is between you and God. I do not judge you.

I think deep down inside however, you know there is something wrong with your teachings or you would not be returning here.
Thinking can get you into trouble. This accusation is stated as something you think while projecting untruths on me to avoid being reported. What you are really trying to is get me to leave the site giving you free reign.
Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow him who loves all.
True and no where did Jesus say keep the sabbath.

bugkiller

Upvote 0