• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OCD, anxiety and alcohol

jusme

May 19, 2012
Mississippi, USA
✟8,810.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have battled OCD and panic anxiety for several years now. I am on medication and 2 days ago I really messed up by drinking my anxiety away! It's not the first time it's happened and I hate it! It's destroying me and my family! Please keep me in your prayers and any advice is welcome.

In Christ,

Apr 2, 2013
✟17,827.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jusme

Doing activities you enjoy and keeping distracted I find helps. As well as saying scriptures out loud at home or playing music. Saying God loves me no matter what and remembering your OCD thoughts are not sin it's an illness. God loves you and doesn't judge you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0