• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟201.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'M IN THE SAME BOAT
LASTYEAR IN JULY 2022 WHEN IT STARTED TO CUSS WORD IN MY MIND AND BEFORE I GO TO MY EXPERIENCE I WANT TO SHARE A GLIMPSE OF MY STORY BEFORE I WAS TORMENTED .I'M A BORN AGAIN AND ONFIRE TO JESUS I'M SO INLOVE WITH HIM AND I LOVE THE HOLYSPIRIT AND WHEN THE TIME THAT I SAW A PASTOR AND HE IS A FRIEND OF THE HOLYSPIRIT I WAS VERY EXCITED TO KNOW HIM AND TO BECOME HIS FRIEND TOO SO HERE I WAS A YOUNG SERVANT OF GOD THAT WANT TO HAVE A DEEP RELATIONSHIP TO HIM AND TO PRECIOUS HOLYSPIRIT. AND ONEDAY I OPENED MY BIBLE AND AS I READING MATTHEW AND AS I CAME ACROSSED THE PART THAT WHERE IN THE BIBLE TALKS ABOUT UNPARDONABLE SIN SO I WAS INTERESTED TO READ IT BUT IF I ONLY KNOW THAT THE SCRIPTURE THAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS WHAT THE ENEMY USES TO TRICK ME AND DECEIVED ME TELLING ME THIS HORRIBLE LIES I WOULD NOT LET MYSELF TO READ IT.(IN THAT PART ONLY) SO WHEN I'M IN MY TRIP WHILE THINKING WHAT IS UNPARDONABLE SIN MEANS? IS IT TO !!! IN THEN THE CUSS WORD BEGINS TO ENTER INTO MY MIND THAT MAKES ME THINK ( OH NOW HERE IT WAS NOW YOU COMMITED THE UNPARDONABLE SIN BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU THINK!!! AND WHILE I'M PRAYING BEFORE BED . AND THIS HORRIBLE FEELINGS AN ALL EMOTIONS THAT FULL OF FEAR THINKING IV'E COMMITED THE UNPARDONABLE SIN AND I FELT THIS ANXIETY AND PANICKING THAT I COULD CONTINUE TO PRAY BECAUSE I WAS BEGGING GOD NOT TO LEAVE ME I FELT DISCONNECTED TO HIM BECAUSE OF BELIEVING THE LIE . AND WHEN I BEGUN TO FEEL THAT I COMMITED THE MORE INSTENSE THE EMOTIONS AND THE THOUGHTS THAT RACING IN MY MIND CONDEMNING ME ALOT ITS A TORTURE OF THE MIND AND THE FEELINGS I CAN'T SLEEP I WAS SO DEPRESSED AND THEN IT TURNS INTO SEVERE ANXIETY THAT I COULD NOT IT ANYMORE I LOST MY APPETITE I'VE TRIED TO COME TO GOD LIKE FULL OF SHAME FULL OF GUILT LIKE I COMMITED IT SO IT WASN'T HELP ME AND ALOT OF THOUGHTS URGE ME TO SAY WHAT I DO NOT WANT TO SAY AND THIS YEAR JANUARY I'VE KIND OF LIKE VERY CLOSE TO BACKSLIDING OR I WOULD SAY BECAUSE OF SCRUPULOSITY IT WAS VERY HARD TO STAND IN YOUR OWN TO FIGHT THIS BUT I FORGOT I CANT TO THIS IN MY OWN TO FIGHT THIS IN MY OWN STRENGTH I NEED JESUS EVEN THOUGH I FEEL THIS WAY THAT I CAN'T BE FORGIVEN UNTIL NOW IV'E SUFFERED SCRUPULOSITY BUT I TELL YOU DON'T GIVE UP ITS NOT ONLY YOU SUFFERED LIKE THIS WERE SO MANY BELIEVERS IN CHRIST THAT SUFFERED THIS AND ONEDAY WE WILL FIND OUR BREAKTHROUGH BE ENCOURAGE JUST SEEK JESUS AND HIS BLOOD TO CLEASE YOUR MIND GOD SEES YOURT HEART HE KNOWS EVERYTHING IN YOU BEFORE YOU WERE BORN . I WANT TO TALK TO YOU PLZ REPLY GODBLESS AS ALWAYS❤️❤️❤️
Read these two verses:
Romans 10:9-11
1 Corinthians 12:3
You confess Jesus as Lord, which means you believe that He is God and rose from the dead. This also means that you have The Holy Spirit, because without Him you can't confess Jesus as Lord. Which means that you have eternal life. Which means you haven't committed the unforgivable sin, for he/she in whom The Holy Spirit dwells, is in Christ and therefore has their sins forgiven. God bless :heart:.

• Informative
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

Tyler35

Feb 24, 2023
Denver
✟25,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi @Iaras. I haven’t been on here in awhile. It’s been about a year since the scrupulosity got me into this fear. I will say that the fear has calmed a lot but it still comes and goes. I am getting married in less than a week so I might be delayed in responding but I want to ask how you are doing? How long has this fear been occurring for you?

I do had many sleepless nights and completely lost my appetite. I want to give you the formula for what has helped me, and I pray that you try it.

1. Get off all forums for awhile, and please hold yourself back from reading online articles as well. If I don’t hear back from you because you are taking this advice, I will be happy! The reason for this is there are just tooooo many opinions flying around out there, and we need to trust in the Bible, and seek God’s glory, not other’s approvals.
2. Read your Bible daily. This was hard for me at first when I was in immense fear but once I got in the habit of doing this again, I felt God speaking to me constantly.
3. Pray, pray constantly. Don’t pray just to check it off the list, but pray because you want to be with our Lord, and listen to him. Pray on your knees when you can as well. Pray for 5-15 minutes at a time, longer if God allows. Pray for him to reveal your heart to you, for your intentions to be to only please and honor him, and ask him for you to walk in the Spirit. Pray for other things, but pray for these specifically.
4. Walk in the Spirit—you need to be in tune with what the Father’s will is to be able to do this, and just let the Spirit guide you. Love others, pray for miracles, be joyful, speak boldly in the Spirit, and bear fruit so that others may come to Christ as well.

If you are focused on these, specifically walking in the Spirit, before you know it you won’t be concerned about the unpardonable sin, because you will be focused on God’s will for you.

I pray this helps. God Bless You!

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'M IN THE SAME BOAT
LASTYEAR IN JULY 2022 WHEN IT STARTED TO CUSS WORD IN MY MIND AND BEFORE I GO TO MY EXPERIENCE I WANT TO SHARE A GLIMPSE OF MY STORY BEFORE I WAS TORMENTED .I'M A BORN AGAIN AND ONFIRE TO JESUS I'M SO INLOVE WITH HIM AND I LOVE THE HOLYSPIRIT AND WHEN THE TIME THAT I SAW A PASTOR AND HE IS A FRIEND OF THE HOLYSPIRIT I WAS VERY EXCITED TO KNOW HIM AND TO BECOME HIS FRIEND TOO SO HERE I WAS A YOUNG SERVANT OF GOD THAT WANT TO HAVE A DEEP RELATIONSHIP TO HIM AND TO PRECIOUS HOLYSPIRIT. AND ONEDAY I OPENED MY BIBLE AND AS I READING MATTHEW AND AS I CAME ACROSSED THE PART THAT WHERE IN THE BIBLE TALKS ABOUT UNPARDONABLE SIN SO I WAS INTERESTED TO READ IT BUT IF I ONLY KNOW THAT THE SCRIPTURE THAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS WHAT THE ENEMY USES TO TRICK ME AND DECEIVED ME TELLING ME THIS HORRIBLE LIES I WOULD NOT LET MYSELF TO READ IT.(IN THAT PART ONLY) SO WHEN I'M IN MY TRIP WHILE THINKING WHAT IS UNPARDONABLE SIN MEANS? IS IT TO !!! IN THEN THE CUSS WORD BEGINS TO ENTER INTO MY MIND THAT MAKES ME THINK ( OH NOW HERE IT WAS NOW YOU COMMITED THE UNPARDONABLE SIN BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU THINK!!! AND WHILE I'M PRAYING BEFORE BED . AND THIS HORRIBLE FEELINGS AN ALL EMOTIONS THAT FULL OF FEAR THINKING IV'E COMMITED THE UNPARDONABLE SIN AND I FELT THIS ANXIETY AND PANICKING THAT I COULD CONTINUE TO PRAY BECAUSE I WAS BEGGING GOD NOT TO LEAVE ME I FELT DISCONNECTED TO HIM BECAUSE OF BELIEVING THE LIE . AND WHEN I BEGUN TO FEEL THAT I COMMITED THE MORE INSTENSE THE EMOTIONS AND THE THOUGHTS THAT RACING IN MY MIND CONDEMNING ME ALOT ITS A TORTURE OF THE MIND AND THE FEELINGS I CAN'T SLEEP I WAS SO DEPRESSED AND THEN IT TURNS INTO SEVERE ANXIETY THAT I COULD NOT IT ANYMORE I LOST MY APPETITE I'VE TRIED TO COME TO GOD LIKE FULL OF SHAME FULL OF GUILT LIKE I COMMITED IT SO IT WASN'T HELP ME AND ALOT OF THOUGHTS URGE ME TO SAY WHAT I DO NOT WANT TO SAY AND THIS YEAR JANUARY I'VE KIND OF LIKE VERY CLOSE TO BACKSLIDING OR I WOULD SAY BECAUSE OF SCRUPULOSITY IT WAS VERY HARD TO STAND IN YOUR OWN TO FIGHT THIS BUT I FORGOT I CANT TO THIS IN MY OWN TO FIGHT THIS IN MY OWN STRENGTH I NEED JESUS EVEN THOUGH I FEEL THIS WAY THAT I CAN'T BE FORGIVEN UNTIL NOW IV'E SUFFERED SCRUPULOSITY BUT I TELL YOU DON'T GIVE UP ITS NOT ONLY YOU SUFFERED LIKE THIS WERE SO MANY BELIEVERS IN CHRIST THAT SUFFERED THIS AND ONEDAY WE WILL FIND OUR BREAKTHROUGH BE ENCOURAGE JUST SEEK JESUS AND HIS BLOOD TO CLEASE YOUR MIND GOD SEES YOURT HEART HE KNOWS EVERYTHING IN YOU BEFORE YOU WERE BORN . I WANT TO TALK TO YOU PLZ REPLY GODBLESS AS ALWAYS❤️❤️❤️
How are you doing now, Iaras? Have you gotten any help for your OCD/scrupulosity?

Upvote 0