Obama has set race relations back decades

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Now you're changing the wording of my answer.

For clarity's sake.

I'm telling you what my reason is, and you're basically calling me a liar and putting words in my mouth.

If you honestly think I'm calling you a liar, report me.

Otherwise, refute me.

What, besides the inclusion of people you don't approve of, makes the wedding so objectionable?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't like that? How does it make you feel?

Like someone isn't interested in getting an answer as much as trying to pretend the question they asked hasn't been answered so many times we could assign a number to it and just post it instead of having to type out the answer again, for example "Why wont you answer the question I asked?" it could be:
#1 could be: "I did answer it several pages back, you should read the posts in the thread."
#2 could be: "Sorry, every time I've answered that question in this thread you've just waited a couple of days and reposted the same thing over again. You should read the posts in the thread."
# 3 could be: "To answer your question for the umpteenth time, which you would know if you'd bothered to read the thread, check out post #X."
and finally
#4 could be: "Try asking the question again, because it just demonstrates you didn't read the thread." :wave:
tulc(kind of thinks this idea just needs a little tweaking and could revolutionize CF posting!) :D

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Like someone isn't interested in getting an answer as much as trying to pretend the question they asked hasn't been answered so many times we could assign a number to it and just post it instead of having to type out the answer again, for example "Why wont you answer the question I asked?" it could be:
#1 could be: "I did answer it several pages back, you should read the posts in the thread."
#2 could be: "Sorry, every time I've answered that question in this thread you've just waited a couple of days and reposted the same thing over again. You should read the posts in the thread."
# 3 could be: "To answer your question for the umpteenth time, which you would know if you'd bothered to read the thread, check out post #X."
and finally
#4 could be: "Try asking the question again, because it just demonstrates you didn't read the thread." :wave:
tulc(kind of thinks this idea just needs a little tweaking and could revolutionize CF posting!) :D

Very observant.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
and finally

#5: "I didn't say those things you quoted from my earlier posts."

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So far they only 'gay' who has been refused a cake was a fake one and he demanded decorations who deliberately asked for decorations the bakers found embarrassing and offensive. So far, there have been no cases where a Muslim baker has refused a gay person a plain, old regular wedding cake.

Until you find an actual case of discrimination there isn't going to be much of a circus, except the one which Crowder created, of course.
I already told you, on the video I watched, they asked about having someone else put the message on and they still refused. But I'm guessing that the reason you haven't heard about it, is cause gays know they know that muslims will refuse, with christians, it's a guess as to how conservative or liberal they are. Just a guess, but not really the discussion at hand, so moving on

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What part of "he needs to bake the cake" did you not understand?
so, if this is your answer to the question you ask, then you think we should demand that a Jewish baker bake cakes for Nazi events and that black bakers should be required by law to bake cakes for KKK meetings and that gay bakers should be required by law to bake cakes for churches that actively bash gays....wow, and you call that enlightenment...sorry, don't by that that is how discrimination laws should work, but since you have made your answer clear, we are done, cause I won't buy what your selling if this is the outcome.

Have a great life. Good luck with your fight for whatever it is you are fighting for, sure doesn't sound like liberty for all.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since the discussion over the definition was in direct response to whom was allowed to get married this is patently false. However if your contention is that they are fundamentally different in some aspect then by all means provide the criteria by which a legal determination can be made to allow one but not the other that does not hinge on the orientation of the participants.
I don't really follow what exactly your asking here, please clarify so I can address it.
No. I feel no further need to point out that the equal protection clause of the US constitution is in full effect. If you feel this is inaccurate you need to point out data to support it.
again, it seems like you are talking to someone else but using my post to make some claim so I need you to clarify how this applies to me before I can respond.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Asked and answered. But, since I am a nice guy, I will answer again.

The baker would not be obligated to decorate the cake in a manner that would display hate speech, or make derogatory comments towards a group of people, but they are expected to sell the cake, to any customer, willing to pay.

Is that clear?
it is not clear at all since the question was not about what goes on the cake but rather whether or not I have to attach my reputation to an event I do not approve of. until you answer the question I will refrain from answering your questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
so, if this is your answer to the question you ask, then you think we should demand that a Jewish baker bake cakes for Nazi events and that black bakers should be required by law to bake cakes for KKK meetings and that gay bakers should be required by law to bake cakes for churches that actively bash gays....wow, and you call that enlightenment...sorry, don't by that that is how discrimination laws should work, but since you have made your answer clear, we are done, cause I won't buy what your selling if this is the outcome.

Have a great life. Good luck with your fight for whatever it is you are fighting for, sure doesn't sound like liberty for all.

Since I answered your question, I assume you will answer the two questions I gave you as you said you would.

Also, I would love to see the member of the KKK frequenting a bakery owned by a black and forking over money for a cake. That, would be enlightening.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It can harm the baker's reputation within the Christian community. We are to abstain from catering to, facilitating, or in any way promoting something we see as sin. Catering to a homosexual wedding ceremony could very well fall into that area. Maybe you don't agree, but that's beside the point.
not to mention that I already pointed out how people often ask where the cake was from, etc. it's reputation...

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
it is not clear at all since the question was not about what goes on the cake but rather whether or not I have to attach my reputation to an event I do not approve of. until you answer the question I will refrain from answering your questions.

Hilarious.

Ok, let me spell it out for you in as simple a terms as possible.

Person from KKK, anti gay people whomever, walk into bakery to buy a cake. The tell the baker what cake they want and the baker says; "ok, that will be $20 and here is your cake".

Transaction complete. The customer got the cake the baker sells to the public as a typical part of their business and the baker was paid for his product.

As soon as the customer walks out the door, whatever happens from that point, is beyond the baker's control.

If the baker doesn't want to sell to a portion of the public, don't open a business that serves the public, open a private bakery and that problem is solved. But of course, the baker could still have someone fool him in his private bakery and he ends up selling a cake for a gay wedding. In that case, they shouldn't sell cakes to anyone.

Now, my two questions:

1. Give us details of a circumstance you claimed, where a gay person violated the religious rights of a Christian business owner.

2. Are you one who believes, that the religious freedoms given us by the constitution, are limitless rights? Yes or no?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since I answered your question, I assume you will answer the two questions I gave you as you said you would.

Also, I would love to see the member of the KKK frequenting a bakery owned by a black and forking over money for a cake. That, would be enlightening.
exactly, so why would a gay couple go to a christian baker to ask them to bake a wedding cake.....enlightenment or to stir the pot? Kind of like the race issue, why call everyone a racist that doesn't agree with Obama's politics, enlightenment or to stir the racial pot?

I know which I'm going with especially after your comment that shows that for the KKK member it would be to stir the pot, consistency, no double standards....we aren't so stupid as to assume that it was innocent.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
not to mention that I already pointed out how people often ask where the cake was from, etc. it's reputation...

What is your stance on the Christian baker selling a cake to a couple who are divorced and they started a relationship while they were still married and are now buying a wedding cake from the baker? Should they be refused service, because some would consider them committing adultery?

How about the 300 pound guy who comes in several times a week ordering cup cakes and he gorges on them in the store? Should he be refused service because he is committing the sin of gluttony?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hilarious.

Ok, let me spell it out for you in as simple a terms as possible.

Person from KKK, anti gay people whomever, walk into bakery to buy a cake. The tell the baker what cake they want and the baker says; "ok, that will be $20 and here is your cake".

Transaction complete. The customer got the cake the baker sells to the public as a typical part of their business and the baker was paid for his product.

As soon as the customer walks out the door, whatever happens from that point, is beyond the baker's control.

If the baker doesn't want to sell to a portion of the public, don't open a business that serves the public, open a private bakery and that problem is solved. But of course, the baker could still have someone fool him in his private bakery and he ends up selling a cake for a gay wedding. In that case, they shouldn't sell cakes to anyone.

Now, my two questions:

1. Give us details of a circumstance you claimed, where a gay person violated the religious rights of a Christian business owner.

2. Are you one who believes, that the religious freedoms given us by the constitution, are limitless rights? Yes or no?
when was the last time someone walked into a bakery and said I want a wedding cake, I'll take that one you have on the shelf for 20 bucks, have a great day...if that was how it went down, how did we know it was for a gay wedding? No, there was more to it than that...so how about dealing with the questions asked...

oh and 1. I said what if, not that I knew of
2. answered way way long ago, don't see any reason to repeat the answer when 1. you can't answer the question I asked and 2. you can't read my answer the first few times I give it.

Now, KKK member walks into a black owned bakery and askes for a cake for his KKK event....yes he has a right to refuse or no he doesn't have the right to refuse?

Nazi walks into a Jewish bakery and asks for a cake for a Nazi event...yes he has a right to refuse or no he doesn't have the right to refuse?

Someone from a local church that is known for gay bashing walks into a gay owned bakery and asks for a cake for the churches anniversary...yes he has a right to refuse the job or no, he has to make the cake no matter?

No changing the question to make it more palatable...what answer do you give?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
exactly, so why would a gay couple go to a christian baker to ask them to bake a wedding cake.....enlightenment or to stir the pot?

Maybe because they heard they had the best cakes in town? Sounds like a good way to make a decision to me, when you want to buy a cake.

Kind of like the race issue, why call everyone a racist that doesn't agree with Obama's politics, enlightenment or to stir the racial pot?

No idea where this came from, or how it applies to this discussion.

I know which I'm going with especially after your comment that shows that for the KKK member it would be to stir the pot, consistency, no double standards....we aren't so stupid as to assume that it was innocent.

I didn't use the term stupid, you did.

Well, I am unaware of gays in general have huge problems with Christians, especially since many gays are Christians. I do however, have heard of KKK members, having a bit of a problem with blacks though. You know, the whole, white's are superior thing?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
when was the last time someone walked into a bakery and said I want a wedding cake, I'll take that one you have on the shelf for 20 bucks, have a great day...if that was how it went down, how did we know it was for a gay wedding? No, there was more to it than that...so how about dealing with the questions asked...

oh and 1. I said what if, not that I knew of
2. answered way way long ago, don't see any reason to repeat the answer when 1. you can't answer the question I asked and 2. you can't read my answer the first few times I give it.

Now, KKK member walks into a black owned bakery and askes for a cake for his KKK event....yes he has a right to refuse or no he doesn't have the right to refuse?

Nazi walks into a Jewish bakery and asks for a cake for a Nazi event...yes he has a right to refuse or no he doesn't have the right to refuse?

Someone from a local church that is known for gay bashing walks into a gay owned bakery and asks for a cake for the churches anniversary...yes he has a right to refuse the job or no, he has to make the cake no matter?

No changing the question to make it more palatable...what answer do you give?

Asked and answered and more than once.

Do you actually think you are fooling anyone by claiming I didn't answer?

Don't worry about answering my questions, I didn't expect them to be answered anyway, which tells me what I need to know.

Thanks a bunch and carry on.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is your stance on the Christian baker selling a cake to a couple who are divorced and they started a relationship while they were still married and are now buying a wedding cake from the baker? Should they be refused service, because some would consider them committing adultery?
that is up to 1. if they disclose the information, just like the gay wedding we just reminded you about the disclosure. 2. the beliefs of the baker, and 3. if the baker feels it is necessary to the health of his business and/or his beliefs.
How about the 300 pound guy who comes in several times a week ordering cup cakes and he gorges on them in the store? Should he be refused service because he is committing the sin of gluttony?
see above, the same things would apply...if he isn't eating them in the store, he could easily be giving them to others. I weight 300 lbs and barely eat enough to keep me alive. It's not all that uncommon when we consider hormones, meds, etc.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe because they heard they had the best cakes in town? Sounds like a good way to make a decision to me, when you want to buy a cake.
the exact same reason a KKK member might ask the black guy to bake a cake, but there could be other more sinister reasons, like trying to stir the controversy of gay marriage.
No idea where this came from, or how it applies to this discussion.
from the OP question...remember that the op is about racism not gays, which is why my analogy stands.
I didn't use the term stupid, you did.

Well, I am unaware of gays in general have huge problems with Christians, especially since many gays are Christians. I do however, have heard of KKK members, having a bit of a problem with blacks though. You know, the whole, white's are superior thing?
wow, you haven't heard the whole argument about how christians are going around gay bashing? where have you been?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.