NY Times claims FedEx pays no taxes; FedEx turns table on NYT (which paid no tax), challenges debate

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the "Unexpected wrecking ball response", files: NYT Claims FedEx Doesn’t Pay Taxes, FedEx CEO Fred Smith Demands Tax Debate

Fed Ex response to the New York Times:
"Pertinent to this outrageous distortion of the truth is the fact that unlike FedEx, the New York Times paid zero federal income tax in 2017 on earnings of $111 million, and only $30 million in 2018 – 18% of their pretax book income. Also in 2018 the New York Times cut their capital investments nearly in half to $57 million, which equates to a rounding error when compared to the $6 billion of capital that FedEx invested in the U.S. economy during that same year.

I hereby challenge A.G. Sulzberger, publisher of the New York Times and the business section editor to a public debate in Washington, DC"
I can hardly wait for the public debate.

Sep 19, 2019
Midwest
✟32,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
From the "Unexpected wrecking ball response", files: NYT Claims FedEx Doesn’t Pay Taxes, FedEx CEO Fred Smith Demands Tax Debate

Fed Ex response to the New York Times:
"Pertinent to this outrageous distortion of the truth is the fact that unlike FedEx, the New York Times paid zero federal income tax in 2017 on earnings of $111 million, and only $30 million in 2018 – 18% of their pretax book income. Also in 2018 the New York Times cut their capital investments nearly in half to $57 million, which equates to a rounding error when compared to the $6 billion of capital that FedEx invested in the U.S. economy during that same year.

I hereby challenge A.G. Sulzberger, publisher of the New York Times and the business section editor to a public debate in Washington, DC"
I can hardly wait for the public debate.
A shipping company and a newspaper company debating. I for one can wait for that snooze fest.

Upvote 0