Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump floated nuking hurricanes to stop them from hitting US: report
theHill said:
Another senior administration official told Axios, "His goal — to keep a catastrophic hurricane from hitting the mainland — is not bad. His objective is not bad."
It's a bit disturbing that the guy with the control button doesn't seem to understand about radioactive fallout (or weather patterns), but they put the best face on it that they could.

Official on Trump's hurricane nuking idea: 'His objective is not bad'

"What people near the president do is they say 'I love a president who asks questions like that, who’s willing to ask tough questions,'" the official said. "It takes strong people to respond to him in the right way when stuff like this comes up. For me, alarm bells weren't going off when I heard about it, but I did think somebody is going to use this to feed into 'the president is crazy' narrative."
Yeah, that official got that right, this does feed into that narrative as well as the "Donald is dumb" narrative. ^_^

The Axios report - they broke the story - is more colorful. The link to that is in the Hill report.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump floated nuking hurricanes to stop them from hitting US: report

It's a bit disturbing that the guy with the control button doesn't seem to understand about radioactive fallout (or weather patterns), but they put the best face on it that they could.

Official on Trump's hurricane nuking idea: 'His objective is not bad'

Yeah, that official got that right, this does feed into that narrative as well as the "Donald is dumb" narrative. ^_^

The Axios report - they broke the story - is more colorful. The link to that is in the Hill report.

I don't mind him not knowing and asking questions. Will he listen to good guidance? That's what I wonder. Or, would he recognize good guidance? Or, is he just going to do whatever suits his fancy, with no regard for good reason, whatsoever. I don't know. Whatever the case, I don't buy that he's some kind of undercover genius. He's definitely not that.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't mind him not knowing and asking questions. Will he listen to good guidance? That's what I wonder. Or, would he recognize good guidance? Or, is he just going to do whatever suits his fancy, with no regard for good reason, whatsoever. I don't know. Whatever the case, I don't buy that he's some kind of undercover genius. He's definitely not that.
Not a good idea. However, when you look at the catastrophic damage that hurricanes can cause, you can understand why he wants to do something about it. The real answer is for the world to repent of their wicked ways and turn to Lord Jesus, who controls the wind and the waves. That is unlikely to happen. Christians need to pray more for God's mercy and grace. A drought can be broken (looking at you, California) if God's people intercede. Australia has always been drought prone but nothing like it is now. Funny how it started not long after SSM was legalised. Numbers of Christians here are praying and the drought is breaking in some areas.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He made the same suggestion more than once, which, I think, answers your question.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not a good idea. However, when you look at the catastrophic damage that hurricanes can cause, you can understand why he wants to do something about it. The real answer is for the world to repent of their wicked ways and turn to Lord Jesus, who controls the wind and the waves. That is unlikely to happen. Christians need to pray more for God's mercy and grace. A drought can be broken (looking at you, California) if God's people intercede. Australia has always been drought prone but nothing like it is now. Funny how it started not long after SSM was legalised. Numbers of Christians here are praying and the drought is breaking in some areas.

I can’t figure what’s worse about this post, its theology or its historical perspective.

Not only do natural disasters not work like that, but the drought started earlier in 2017 than the passage of your SSM bill. And I find it odd that God would choose to save his most severe wrath for a gay marriage bill and not for, say, killing off a bunch of Aborigines.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And I find it odd that God would choose to save his most severe wrath for a gay marriage bill and not for, say, killing off a bunch of Aborigines.

Oh, don't you remember? According to one poster in CF past, homosexuality is a worse evil than adultery AND murder.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He made the same suggestion more than once, which, I think, answers your question.

And here I was about to say, you know what? It might have been a dumb question, but at least Trump thought to ask, giving an impression that he is at least willing to take council from others who would know better on a certain subject.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And here I was about to say, you know what? It might have been a dumb question, but at least Trump thought to ask, giving an impression that he is at least willing to take council from others who would know better on a certain subject.

The real worry I have with Trump, is that he throws out these insane ideas and then the people around him have to find a way to talk him down while simultaneously making him feel smart. The fact he apparently brought this up on multiple occasions means he doesn't listen to the experts. What scares me is what happens on the day when they don't manage to massage his ego sufficiently when he has a very crazy idea.

His behavior since he came into office has been frankly unbelievable. We tend to not notice so much now because its happening so often that its almost becoming normalized, but when you step back and think about it, it really is beyond rationality. This is a guy who conducts international diplomacy via Twitter based on whatever he happens to be thinking at any moment. He insults allies, praises murderous dictators and swings between calling potential superpowers like China either friends or enemies based on his whim.

It's not an exaggeration to say that if he was the leader of any country other than the USA, that country would very likely be under sanctions by now, or at least ostracized from the international community. The only reason the US isn't is because of its power, and even then the damage its done to the countries reputation will take decades to repair.

Unless he nukes a hurricane of course, in which case the US might find itself really on its own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He had to be told 11 times in one conversation that he can't make a trade deal with Germany alone, instead of the whole of the EU.

Upvote 0