Veteran
Mar 25, 2007
NY
✟11,080.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I just came back from a trip to Urbanna area last week.
I drove from Chicargo to Urbana. And, they were having road constructions on interstate 57. Other than that, thousands acres of corn were along the way. The 2 1/2 hour drive was boring...

Maybe the north side of Chicargo is better. At least this is what I heard. I wish I could go to the Chicargo Chinatown or downtown area, but I didn't make it.

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I drove from Chicargo to Urbana. And, they were having road constructions on interstate 57. Other than that, thousands acres of corn were along the way. The 2 1/2 hour drive was boring...

Maybe the north side of Chicargo is better. At least this is what I heard. I wish I could go to the Chicargo Chinatown or downtown area, but I didn't make it.

Dude, Kankakee is like the most awesome place on earth.

No, that's a big fat lie. It's a mid-sized town in the middle of cornfields.

As for Wisconsin, haven't been there since I was 8.

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Maybe they like snow and find the lack of pronounced seasons to be rather boring. :D

I love the weather we have here. It sucks less than 2% of the time (but of course, people still need to complain, no?) and we tend to get White Christmases. Wisconsin also is not that flat and/or boring (however, it depends on the person, I think). I think Paulie even had some pics from up in LaCrosse and the bluffs are quite beautiful there, especially in the Fall. We have the world's biggest music festival here and we have the biggest waterpark in the States, as well. Also, we had a bought of cryptosporidium in our water many years ago, so let's not forget about THAT!

Upvote 0

Deacon

Oct 16, 2003
Bartlett, Tennessee
✟3,206.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No offense, but I was not impressed by Illinois OR Wisconsin XD They were flat. Like, really flat. And the locals called this tiny little hills "mountains" LOL. Also, not a fan of the snow and cold. Indiana was kind of fun though in its own way. The boys with southern accents were a kick :D

I think California is an absolute work of art though :p You have everything you could possibly want...Meadows, wetlands, valleys, mountains, desert, coast. Places with snow, places without snow, nowhere that gets below zero on a regular basis. We have hollywood, universal studios, disneyland, CA adventure, legoland, sea world, knotts berry farm, multiple six flag parks. Vacation in Mexico isn't far out of reach. Catalina Island. Santa Cruz Island. Lots of hiking, lots of camping, highway 1 for road tripping. We are home to the world's largest trees, tallest trees and oldest trees which are also the oldest living organisms in the world and you can drive and see all of them in one day if you're feeling ambitious and have lots of coffee. Go to San Francisco for some romance, or Beverly Hills to see celebrities.

I mean, come ON! ^_^

I'll take Montana, Colorado, Northern New Mexico, Utah, Eastern Nevada, and Southern Wyoming (aka God's Country)over Cali-foor-nia any day...I lived or been to all of these places...I even lived in Cali...can't say I would ever want to go back.

Reactions: scraparcs
Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I can echo that. I'm going to school in Bourbonnais and the awesomeness level could use a little boost :p

Well what do you like to do? There's awesomeness nearby. Lots of parks, trails, dunes, and the city isn't all that far if you're into city life.

PS: If you're into photography or local artisan shopping, I've done quite a bit of it in your area in the past - well maybe a bit north/west, but not that far.

Upvote 0
S

Sunset2009

Dude, Kankakee is like the most awesome place on earth.

No, that's a big fat lie. It's a mid-sized town in the middle of cornfields.

Kankakee is south of Chi-town, not north. And yes, it does suck, haha.

Folk & Roots Festival? I love Urbana. It is the best.

Upvote 0
P

Paulie079

Remember that one time in 2010 when Da Bears beat the Packers at Solider Field?
Bear Down, Chicago Bears...

Very few teams win every game on their way to winning a division championship ;) The refs won't always be there to call stupid penalties and luck will only get you so far in a 16-game season. I have no doubt that Green Bay will still win the NFC North. We'll see you in January ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums