Scriptural Universalists agree that not everyone will enter the kingdom of heaven

drewcosten

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
✟34,710.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
You don't know the difference between the kingdom of Heaven and the kingdom of God.
Did you read — and follow the instructions in — the introduction to the article?

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ἡ βασιλεία τῶν οὐρανῶν does not mean ὴ βασιλείαν τοῦ θεοῦ. The Kingdom of Heavens is a prophecy, and the kingdom of God is about the afterlife.
Scripture that clearly shows that the two are not synonymous?

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There isn't vice versa either. But one is from the mountains/heights and the other from God. The words are not synonymous, except for kingdom.
Unsupported claim.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Supported by their Greek word cognates. θεου is not the same as ουρανων. And ouranos is about rock elevations since it is paired with gh 'earth/soil'.
When you can show me some informed articles by knowledgeable Greek scholars then I might be convinced.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is the only to make sense of out of "expanse" in genesis. Eretz is obviously soil, earth and farmland.
Not relevant to anything I was talking about. I was talking about "the kingdom of God" and "the kingdom of heaven." I understand you be saying that they are two different unrelated things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Omniskeptical

Aug 30, 2012
✟614.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Not relevant to anything I was talking about. I was talking about "the kingdom of God" and "the kingdom of heaven." I understand you be saying that they are two different unrelated things.
I don't think I said unrelated, but they are different. One was the early church, and the other that of God, is "HEAVEN". The secondary nouns God and heavens being genitive indicate different ownerships of action.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think I said unrelated, but they are different. One was the early church, and the other that of God, is "HEAVEN". The secondary nouns God and heavens being genitive indicate different ownerships of action.
If you, can point me to a grammar which supports this claim.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The lexicons prefer to support ANE forgeries. I really need LOGOS or Accordance, but I don't have enough money.
More unsupported claims with zero evidence. I have Logos, what should I look for?

Upvote 0

Omniskeptical

Aug 30, 2012
✟614.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
More unsupported claims with zero evidence. I have Logos, what should I look for?
How often the article is before proper names, like Joshua, Samuel, Saul, James etc in Hebrew/Aramaic and Greek. I would love to do it with Accordance, and I suspect 99% of the time it isn't there. This proves the articles are not definitive, rather indefinite.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How often the article is before proper names, like Joshua, Samuel, Saul, James etc in Hebrew/Aramaic and Greek. I would love to do it with Accordance, and I suspect 99% of the time it isn't there. This proves the articles are not definitive, rather indefinite.
And your point is?

Upvote 0

drewcosten

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
✟34,710.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
ἡ βασιλεία τῶν οὐρανῶν does not mean ὴ βασιλείαν τοῦ θεοῦ. The Kingdom of Heavens is a prophecy, and the kingdom of God is about the afterlife.
I won’t get into an argument about it here, but if you happen to read the whole article from the OP, you’ll see why this can’t possibly be the case.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You don't know the difference between the kingdom of Heaven and the kingdom of God.
@Omniskeptical
Jewish Encyclopedia Kingdom of God[link below]
Targum to Zech. xiv. 9 and Ob. 21; "Malkut Shaddai ": 'Alenu; and "Malkut Shamayim": Ber. ii. 2, and elsewhere in Mishnah and Haggadah): Reign or sovereignty of God as contrasted with the kingdom of the worldly powers. The hope that God will be King over all the earth, when all idolatry will be banished, is expressed in prophecy and song (Ex. xv. 18; Zech. xiv. 9; Isa. xxiv. 23, Iii. 7; Micah iv. 7; Ps. xxix. 10), and with special emphasis in the later Psalms (xciii.-xcix.). God's Kingdom is spoken of in Ps. xxii. 29 (A. V. 28), ciii. 19, cxlv. 11-13; Ob. 21; Dan. iii. 33 (A. V. iv. 3); Tobit, xiii. 1; Sibyllines, iii. 47-48, 767; Psalms of Solomon, xvii. 3; Wisdom, x. 10; Assumptio Mosis, x. 1; Song of the Three Holy Children, 33; Enoch, lxxxiv. 2. The words "The Lord shall be King" are translated in the Targum, "The Kingdom of God shall be revealed"; and the ancient liturgy culminates in the prayer that "God may establish His Kingdom speedily" (see 'Alenu; Ḳaddish). The Kingdom of God, however, in order to be established on earth, requires recognition by man; that is, to use the Hasidæan phrase borrowed from Babylonia or Persia, man must "take upon himself the yoke of the Kingdom of God" ("'Ol Malkut Shamayim"; "Heaven" is a synonym of "God"; see Heaven).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Omniskeptical
Jewish Encyclopedia Kingdom of God[link below]
Targum to Zech. xiv. 9 and Ob. 21; "Malkut Shaddai ": 'Alenu; and "Malkut Shamayim": Ber. ii. 2, and elsewhere in Mishnah and Haggadah): Reign or sovereignty of God as contrasted with the kingdom of the worldly powers. The hope that God will be King over all the earth, when all idolatry will be banished, is expressed in prophecy and song (Ex. xv. 18; Zech. xiv. 9; Isa. xxiv. 23, Iii. 7; Micah iv. 7; Ps. xxix. 10), and with special emphasis in the later Psalms (xciii.-xcix.). God's Kingdom is spoken of in Ps. xxii. 29 (A. V. 28), ciii. 19, cxlv. 11-13; Ob. 21; Dan. iii. 33 (A. V. iv. 3); Tobit, xiii. 1; Sibyllines, iii. 47-48, 767; Psalms of Solomon, xvii. 3; Wisdom, x. 10; Assumptio Mosis, x. 1; Song of the Three Holy Children, 33; Enoch, lxxxiv. 2. The words "The Lord shall be King" are translated in the Targum, "The Kingdom of God shall be revealed"; and the ancient liturgy culminates in the prayer that "God may establish His Kingdom speedily" (see 'Alenu; Ḳaddish). The Kingdom of God, however, in order to be established on earth, requires recognition by man; that is, to use the Hasidæan phrase borrowed from Babylonia or Persia, man must "take upon himself the yoke of the Kingdom of God" ("'Ol Malkut Shamayim"; "Heaven" is a synonym of "God"; see Heaven).
Bump.

Upvote 0