Not a worldwide event

Annner

Dec 28, 2012
✟24,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The generation He lived in, the generation in the 1st century, was not supposed to pass before His return. Not our generation in the 21st century.

The Bible is clear about this.
Yet it did pass, and Jesus hasnt returned yet. The heavens and the earth didnt burn up yet either.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yet it did pass, and Jesus hasnt returned yet. The heavens and the earth didnt burn up yet either.
"Heavens and earth" are an ancient Hebrew idiom for covenant between God and His people. Are we following all the Old Covenant rituals? Because if one jot has passed away - then the "heaven and earth " referred to have as well:

Matthew 5:18

Upvote 0

Annner

Dec 28, 2012
✟24,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Heavens and earth" are an ancient Hebrew idiom for covenant between God and His people. Are we following all the Old Covenant rituals? Because if one jot has passed away - then the "heaven and earth " referred to have as well:

Are you saying Jesus second coming already happened? And the world is still going on? As in preterism?

2 Peter 2.3
10 But the DAY OF THE LORD will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Hasnt happened yet.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did you notice the "first century " part of my post?

Well at least you got the esrth"ghay" right.
Now if you see what's brewing you really have it.
Maybe after Netanyahu is chipping Israelis many people will understand. I know he wanted to start with the children first.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

God is faithful.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying Jesus second coming already happened? And the world is still going on? As in preterism?
Yes, as in preterism.....but what was truly fulfilled in 70 AD wasn't His second coming....per se..it was the fulfillment of the "coming of the Son of Man in His kingdom". He was revealed from *heaven* in His glory.

As the Benson commentary (amongst others) puts it:

...until the Son of man shall come — To destroy their capital city, temple, and nation. The destruction of Jerusalem by Titus is often called the coming of the Son of man. See Matthew 24:27; Matthew 24:37; Matthew 24:39; Matthew 24:44; Luke 18:5.

Read more at: The Coming Kingdom of the Son of Man | That Ancient Faith
https://www.thatancientfaith.uk/hom...log_copypaste&utm_campaign=blog_social_sharer

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Tra Phull
Upvote 0

Tra Phull

Ecumenical Loose Canon
Oct 24, 2019
Waco
✟45,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
John did not taste death til he saw - in vision - Jesus coming in power.

Maybe the high priest saw it too, and didn't like what he was seeing.

In any case, the "some standing here" included Stephen, John and I don't knew who else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DebbieJ

Jun 1, 2020
Italy
✟22,159.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
The Julio-Claudians dynasty was Julius Caesar to Nero.

It's still vague though. But, nevermind. Studying prophecy is a hit and miss.

I don't know. The rapture could be what alters the United States. The United States and Canada will probably be allies of the EU, under the rulership of the King of the West (implied) in Daniel 11:36-44, the beast.

I'm worried though because of Revelation 18. When I read the whole passage, it sounds so familiar. I'll enumerate:

‘Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!’

1) The merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.
2) Your merchants were the world’s important people.
3) The music of harpists and musicians, pipers and trumpeters, will never be heard in you again. (Entertainment industry)
4) No worker of any trade will ever be found in you again.
5)The sound of a millstone will never be heard in you again.
6) ‘Woe! Woe to you, great city, where all who had ships on the sea became rich through her wealth!

What country is this in our modern times?

- China? That couldn't be because Chinese pop music is not global. (3)
- Europe? That couldn't be because when it comes to movies, I think of Hollywood. (3)
- Some European country? That couldn't be because when it comes to important and famous businessmen (merchants), I think of Bill Gates, Bloomberg, and Warren Buffet to name a few. (2)
- Japan? South Korea? Germany? When it comes to technology and innovation, I think of Intel, AMD, Apple, Henry Ford, the Wright brothers, Thomas Edison, etc. (4)
- Russia? That couldn't because when it comes to manufacturing, I see Apple, iPhones, iPads, Nike, Adidas, Levis, etc. being manufactured in Chinese factories, Vietnam, and Mexico. (5)

I can't think of any country in the world which fits this description, except for the United States of America.

And it's such a coincidence that our dollar note says, "Novus Ordo Seclorum" -- "New World Order".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tra Phull

Ecumenical Loose Canon
Oct 24, 2019
Waco
✟45,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If that part of Revelation actually referred to the USA, then for 17 centuries it meant nothing to Christians, meant nothing to its original audience, or Christians throughout history, DebbieJ

I think you need to flip that puppy over and look at the other side.

These wild interpretations that grab some concept in Revelation and morph it into some current event, I just don't get how people can swallow it all - a computer chip is the mark of the beast, America is Babylon...

Sheesh.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I can't think of any country in the world which fits this description, except for the United States of America.

And it's such a coincidence that our dollar note says, "Novus Ordo Seclorum" -- "New World Order".
The United State is a 250 year old country. Not the United States. The great trading city in Revelation 18 is not any literal city of the earth. It is a made up city for likening Satan and angels' kingdom of Babylon the Great to, in its sudden destruction... when the Mystery of God in Revelation 10:7 is finished in the days of the voice of the seventh angel.

Revelation 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

In Revelation 17 there are three mysteries that the reader is to solve...

1 The Mystery of Babylon the Great, mother of harlots and abomination of the earth.
The mystical kingdom of Satan and his angels.

2. The mystery of the harlot - that rode the beast and had the inscription written on her forehead. The Vatican which is located in Rome. Which was responsible for the inquisition.

3. The mystery of the beast - that carried the harlot.
Satan, and the two principals used by him - the original serpent beast in the garden, and the end times person who will be possessed by that serpent spirit when it comes out of the bottomless pit.

• Winner
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What verse are you referring to? But generally, these were common idioms.

For example:

"The stars of heaven and their constellations will not show their light. The rising sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light...
Therefore I will make the heavens tremble; and the earth will shake from its place at the wrath of the Lord Almighty, in the day of his burning anger."

Is 13:10, 13

This is a prophecy of how God punished historical Babylon. But such cosmic things did not happen literally. And you can notice that its almost identical language Jesus used (sun, moon, stars...).

Also, think about this usage:

"But this is that having been spoken by the prophet Joel: 'And it will be in the last days...the sun will be darkened, moon into blood, blood, fire, vapor..."
Acts 2:16

Last edited:
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The United State is a 250 year old country. Not the United States. The great trading city in Revelation 18 is not any literal city of the earth. It is a made up city for likening Satan ...

The problem with futurism is that you can create any theory you want and which you like and all are baseless in the same way. There are as many explanations of "how it will happen" as there are futurists selling their books and videos.

Its beautifuly seen in the way how futurists pushed the date of those who "see the fig tree" from 1948 to 1967 and how they prolonged biblical generation - first it was 40 years, but in 1988 nothing happened... so then it was 70 years, but in 2018 nothing happened. So now the basis for their numeric juggling is 1967 and guess what - nothing will happen again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The problem with futurism is that you can create any theory you want and which you like and all are baseless in the same way. There are as many explanations of "how it will happen" as there are futurists selling their books and videos.

It (Matthew 24:15-30) will happen regardless of how many times of "missing the mark".

Luke 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There is no meaning in these verses if it was not supposed to happen for another 2.000 years, which is more than the whole Old Covenant with Israel lasted.

Jesus said to his disciples "watch" but you think they died without seeing. And their children too. And their children's children too... etc. Until you came and figured it all out.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is no meaning in these verses if it was not supposed to happen for another 2.000 years, which is more than the whole Old Covenant with Israel lasted.

Jesus said to his disciples "watch" but you think they died without seeing. And their children too. And their children's children too... etc.
You have rules that Jesus was not allowed to speak about events to take place generations into the future? Jesus gave the parable of the fig tree of when Matthew 24:15-30 will take place, what particular generation.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You have rules that Jesus was not allowed to speak about events to take place generations into the future? Jesus gave the parable of the fig tree of when Matthew 24:15-30 will take place, what particular generation.
Jesus was talking to His disciples, He told them to watch.

I do not know why you still think that the parable of a fig tree must be pushed into the future, when Jesus told dozen times that He meant the generation in the first century?

"O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath about to come? And now also the axe is laid"
Lk 3:7-9

"But this is that having been spoken by the prophet Joel: 'And it will be in the last days...the sun will be darkened, moon into blood, blood, fire, vapor..."
Acts 2:16

• Winner
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I do not know why you still think that the parable of a fig tree must be pushed into the future, when Jesus told dozen times that He meant the generation in the first century?
Not once as the parable of the fig tree generation, even at the door. Matthew 24:15-30 is end times. Mt. of Olives has not been split in half - in Zechariah 14:4 - by Jesus at his second coming. Just admit it and we will be done with this argument, so you can become a futurist again.

Mt of Olives - Bing images

• Winner
Reactions: Annner
Upvote 0