Non-Christians, where is the body of Jesus of Nazareth?

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
This question is for non-Christians:

Where is the body of Jesus of Nazareth? I want to hear what you believe.

Thanks
If you accept that there really was a historical Jesus, about 2000 years ago, I would say that his body is most likely in the same place as the bodies of the vast majority of other human beings who lived 2000 years ago. Rotten and gone.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Thanks
I saw a silly TV show on the Discovery channel claiming that the Body of Jesus of Nazareth is hidden in the Vatican Secret Archives.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you accept that there really was a historical Jesus, about 2000 years ago, I would say that his body is most likely in the same place as the bodies of the vast majority of other human beings who lived 2000 years ago. Rotten and gone.

Do you "accept there was really an historical Jesus"?

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
People more learned than I--or apparently you--have said that the historicity of Jesus of Nazareth is as axiomatic for historians as that of Julius Caesar.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Thanks
I forgot to mention that the Discovery Channell would NEVER have made such a program about Mahomet.

Upvote 0

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

This. His body, just like the bodies of most people who lived around 2000 years ago, would be long gone.

• Agree
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Do you "accept there was really an historical Jesus"?
That wasn't the question, was it?
But, yes, I think there was a historical figure that was used as basis for the biblical figure of "Jesus".

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: RoseCrystal
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That wasn't the question, was it?
But, yes, I think there was a historical figure that was used as basis for the biblical figure of "Jesus".

Why do you believe that? Is there some evidence outside the Bible you have seen?

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Why do you believe that? Is there some evidence outside the Bible you have seen?
Only the general experience of a historian that most myths are, in whatever form, based on real events.

But again: this wasn't the question of this thread, was it? Perhaps you should make another thread where you want to discuss the mythological-Jesus-hypothesis?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I saw a silly TV show on the Discovery channel claiming that the Body of Jesus of Nazareth is hidden in the Vatican Secret Archives.

Right next to the Roswell aliens, no doubt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you deny the historicity of Sargon? of Socrates? of Augustus Caesar?

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Do you deny the historicity of Sargon? of Socrates? of Augustus Caesar?
I really wonder why this is an issue.

I answered the question of the OP. I answered his question in regard to my position on the myth-Jesus.

Why do you hook on that, instead of the topic of this thread? Are you so desperate to verbally beat up someone who might disagree with you?

Upvote 0

Tony Bristow-Stagg

Sep 29, 2018
Normanton Far North West Queensland
✟21,550.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Married

Thanks

My thought it would have been taken away and buried in secret. Most likely now under the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. I see that it was Christ, the Spirit of Jesus, that was raised to fulfill the promise at the end of ages.

I base those thoughts on what became of the grave of Jesus who was buried outside the walls. They then turned that place into a rubbish dump. It was when the Emperor Constantine the Great ascended to the throne, who was the first Christian monarch in the third century A.D. I twas recorded that he asked his mother Helena to find the site of Christ’s tomb. Records show that She searched for it and had believed that she had found it. It was on that spot that Bishop Macarius of Jerusalem built the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, which of course is now deep within Jerusalem’s extended walls.

Emperor Constantine sent to Bishop Macarius this letter:

Such is our Saviour’s grace, that no power of language seems adequate to describe the wondrous circumstance to which I am about to refer. For, that the monument of his most holy Passion, so long ago buried beneath the ground, should have remained unknown for so long a series of years, until its reappearance to his servants now set free through the removal of him who was the common enemy of all [the previous emperor, Hadrian], is a fact which truly surpasses all admiration…

Regards Tony

• Informative
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I really wonder why this is an issue.

I answered the question of the OP. I answered his question in regard to my position on the myth-Jesus.

Why do you hook on that, instead of the topic of this thread? Are you so desperate to verbally beat up someone who might disagree with you?
Sounds more to me like you want to beat up Christians.

Upvote 0