Non-Christians, where is the body of Jesus of Nazareth?

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This question is for non-Christians:

Where is the body of Jesus of Nazareth? I want to hear what you believe.

Thanks

Acts 13:37
But the one whom God raised from the dead did not see decay.

Acts 2

29Brothers, I can tell you with confidence that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that He would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31Foreseeing this, David spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that He was not abandoned to Hades, nor did His body see decay. 32God has raised this Jesus to life, to which we are all witnesses.

As witnessed, Jesus rose bodily and is in heaven.

Upvote 0

Godistruth1

Supporter
Apr 9, 2018
Somewhere
✟97,167.00
Country
India
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single

Thanks
Jesus was taken up by God to himself as per islam. Here is a verse which says so
That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise

— Qur'an, sura 4:157–158

• Informative
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private

Thanks
If he existed, I believe it has likely decayed, but I don't know.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Thanks

As important as he was at the time if he did not raise from the dead, I know he did, but lets just say he never did.

His body would remain in the tomb that he was buried in.

That tomb would be very popular and every one would visit it every day.

Look at all the other places from history like the church Mary was living in, it is visited every day and worshiped in by millions.

But, we have evidence of Mary, but no grave for Jesus, as important as he was his body was resurrected just by the facts.

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟694,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON
This thread has been moved from Debate Other Religions and Faiths to the Christianity and World Religion forum as rather than debating, it is exploring the beliefs of non-Christians.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
His body as well as his entire being was resurrected from the dead and ascended into heaven to sit at YHWH's right hand until his enemies are made his footstool (Psalms 16:10; 110:1; Acts 3:15; Revelation 1:18).

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Thanks

IDK, but I thought Christians considered the church his body
and he himself as head.

Having him floating up in the air like something out of Mary Poppins, seem to be drifting into the realms of fantasy.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and he himself as head.

Having him floating up in the air like something out of Mary Poppins, seem to be drifting into the realms of fantasy.

Personally, I have come to believe that Jesus' body was physically raised from being dead in the the tomb and that He was raised up into the sky, passed thru the heavens and entered Heaven itself, and He is now bodily in Heaven seated at the Throne of God. I believe this because when I prayed to God in Heaven asking "Jesus, please come into my heart", God responded by pouring out His Holy spirit into me from Heaven above like a waterfall and a rushing wind. So Jesus Christ must be up there in order to answer me like that....the Spirit poured down from above, not from across the earth or from below the earth, but from Heaven above. That's why I believe Jesus is Resurrected. But I want to know what other people believe and why.

Upvote 0

andy b

Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Personally, I have come to believe that Jesus' body was physically raised from being dead in the the tomb and that He is bodily in Heaven seated at the Throne of God. I believe this because when I prayed God in Heaven asking "Jesus, please come into my heart", God responded by pouring out His Holy spirit into me from Heaven above like a waterfall and a rushing wind. So Jesus Christ must be up there in order to answer me like that....But I want to know what other people believe and why.

I couldn't have put it better brother .....I was lost real lost for a long time and then I was found

Upvote 0

Tony Bristow-Stagg

Sep 29, 2018
Normanton Far North West Queensland
✟21,550.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I have come to believe that Jesus' body was physically raised from being dead in the the tomb and that He was raised up into the sky, passed thru the heavens and entered Heaven itself, and He is now bodily in Heaven seated at the Throne of God. I believe this because when I prayed to God in Heaven asking "Jesus, please come into my heart", God responded by pouring out His Holy spirit into me from Heaven above like a waterfall and a rushing wind. So Jesus Christ must be up there in order to answer me like that....the Spirit poured down from above, not from across the earth or from below the earth, but from Heaven above. That's why I believe Jesus is Resurrected. But I want to know what other people believe and why.

I couldn't have put it better brother .....I was lost real lost for a long time and then I was found

Many have this experience but also consider that Jesus Christ said;

John 6:63 "The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life."

Thus we can also understand that to be born again is to be born from flesh to our spiritual reality, a form that is not flesh.

It is to me a greater vision than being restricted to flesh, time and space.

May Christ be with you always.

Regards Tony

• Informative
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Blew your socks off then, did it?

I do not doubt what you are saying,

that you experienced it so, for us puny mortals

one touch from the almighty can be like touching a
live cabel.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many have this experience but also consider that Jesus Christ said;

John 6:63 "The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life."

Thus we can also understand that to be born again is to be born from flesh to our spiritual reality, a form that is not flesh.

It is to me a greater vision than being restricted to flesh, time and space.

May Christ be with you always.

Regards Tony

We hold this treasure in earthen vessels (2 Corinthians 4:7) but what is sown in this corruptible flesh, will be raised incorruptible (1 Corinthians 15:42) so that this mortality must put on immortality (1 Corinthians 15:54)

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Blew your socks off then, did it?

I do not doubt what you are saying,

that you experienced it so, for us puny mortals

one touch from the almighty can be like touching a
live cabel.

It was like being covered by filth, guilt, shame, and corruption, but then a rushing wind or waterfall that washes it all away in an instant. I was light as a feather, and I jumped up and ran down the street to tell my friend "You don't have to go to Hell!" I don't even remember the run, I was so filled with the Spirit.

Upvote 0

andy b

Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Not been to church since I was a kid been nothing but s pain to my mum and dad one night it was raining for some reason I rang my dad asked him did he want a lift to the club .....picked him up and driving along the lord spoke to me and I burst out in tears the only time I have only cried me dad thought I was on drugs lol ....

Reactions: Robban
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
and he himself as head.

"There they were, all together, up in the air."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eyes wide Open

Love and peace is the ONLY foundation-to build....
Dec 13, 2011
Australia
✟34,910.00
Faith
As important as he was at the time if he did not raise from the dead, I know he did, but lets just say he never did.

His body would remain in the tomb that he was buried in.

That tomb would be very popular and every one would visit it every day.

Look at all the other places from history like the church Mary was living in, it is visited every day and worshiped in by millions.

But, we have evidence of Mary, but no grave for Jesus, as important as he was his body was resurrected just by the facts.

It wasn't possible that Jesus had an NDE? which at time wouldn't have been framed with that terminology.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The practice of the Romans was to discard the bodies of crucifixion victims into a pit or shallow grave to be disposed of by feral dogs and carrion birds. This probably explains why the actual grave of only one crucifixion victim has ever been found. Roman practice was also to let no one near the actual crucifixion or have access to the body. The entire crucifixion was intended to humiliate the victim as much as possible and to thoroughly shock and cow any witnesses.

Upvote 0

Eyes wide Open

Love and peace is the ONLY foundation-to build....
Dec 13, 2011
Australia
✟34,910.00
Faith
It was like being covered by filth, guilt, shame, and corruption, but then a rushing wind or waterfall that washes it all away in an instant. I was light as a feather, and I jumped up and ran down the street to tell my friend "You don't have to go to Hell!" I don't even remember the run, I was so filled with the Spirit.

Personal experience is a valid thing. How we frame that will depend on many things based on each persons psychology. What you are describing is a process of change, a positive one. I have had similar experiences, but I use different language, and my psyche is different to yours, but I underwent a process of change.

Regards
Ben

Upvote 0

Tony Bristow-Stagg

Sep 29, 2018
Normanton Far North West Queensland
✟21,550.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Married
We hold this treasure in earthen vessels (2 Corinthians 4:7)

These quotes support what was previously offered. The treasure is our Spirit which is released if we are born again, or when we die.

but what is sown in this corruptible flesh, will be raised incorruptible (1 Corinthians 15:42)

Again our Spirit which is connected with the body, like the light is to the lamp.

so that this mortality must put on immortality (1 Corinthians 15:54)

Everlasting life is not in a mortal body. It is the Spirit which is life.

Regards Tony

Upvote 0

Carbon

Wondering around...
Supporter
Sep 4, 2016
Florida
✟133,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Long ago decayed in a ditch most likely. Jesus was a common rebel from the Romans’ point of view, assuming the pious accounts preserve some nuggets of history. Common rebels were unceremoniously tossed into common graves, no reason to think Jesus would have been any different.

Or maybe in a tomb some place, again this is unlikely as tombs were too expensive for a small band of religious derelicts to afford. But say the body was lucky enough to rest in some dark corner of a 1st century tomb, what happened next is anyone’s guess. Maybe a few days later Jesus’ friends peek into the tomb in the dim light of dawn, hoping not to find him and just don’t look very hard. Squinting through tears in the dark cavern they sort of half look but not really, just enough to confirm their hopes. He’s gone after all, he must have ascended! Spiritual visions were only natural from there, then a few decades later the author of John ties up that loose end with his decidedly physical resurrection story.

Or, still assuming he was in a tomb. Maybe Judas wracked with guilt bribes the guards to roll back the stone so he can steal away with the corpse. Remember Judas has the silver. Delicious irony, a whole religion two millennia later still riding the coattails of its arch traitor.

Are any of these empty tomb scenarios very likely? Nope. But all of them are light-years more likely than a miracle happening.

On the other hand the implied premise of this post is wrong in the first place. A person could believe a man resurrected from the dead, and still not believe the lucky chap is worthy of worship much less the son of God. The demons believe and shudder, right?

On the other other hand, and here’s where things gets weird so let's not dwell on it, just because a person resurrects from the dead or is born from a virgin does not mean a miracle happened. The laws of physics don’t rule out either one. Both are just super unlikely to happen in any one particular universe.

Upvote 0