Laconia NH
✟10,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just as well the Bible doesn't teach flat earth or that disease is caused by evil spirits, isn't it?
Don't know what' Bible' you are reading but mine doesn't teach that.
It doesn't matter what you think of God's word, God has already told us and I think I would rather believe him than you.
2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Deuteronomy go read it. The bible says disease and ailments are cause by sin and evil spirits, the bible also says a prostitutes, other religions, disrespectful children, a dozen other sins that today might get you 30 days and jail or a spanking...merited the death penalty if you would like I can quote actual scripture. And while it might not say the earth is flat, it wasn't till the last several hundred years that people believed it. The church declared the earth was the center of the universe, many of the teachings in the bible have been proven wrong...the reason for that is human error and again the scripture...there are hundreds if not thousands of scripture, the bible you are reading today is and edited book, it was edited and translated into hundreds of languages. People in bible times though tsunamis and earthquakes were cause be people sinning and god punishing them...we know those things happened because the earth is not solid...there is magma and tectonic plates the move cause those things. And you know what this argument has gotten old. There could be a passage in the bible that said the earth is square and conservative Christians would argue and start wars over it lol. The bible to me is a book part history and myths of the Jewish people, and a book on how to have a relationship with god. That's my take and neither one of us is gonna change that believe, you are a conservative Christians and I am a liberal one.

Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just as well the Bible doesn't teach flat earth or that disease is caused by evil spirits, isn't it?
And there was a woman who had had a disabling spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not fully straighten herself. luke 13:11

And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, so they could to heal every disease and every affliction. Matt 1:10

And also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities: Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out Luke 8:2

And when they came to the crowd, a man came up to him and, kneeling before him, said, “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and he suffers terribly. For often he falls into the fire, and often into the water. And I brought him to your disciples, and they could not heal him.” And Jesus answered, “O faithless and twisted generation, how long am I to be with you? How long am I to bear with you? Bring him here to me.” And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him, and the boy was healed instantly. Matt 17:14-18

Then a demon-oppressed man who was blind and mute was brought to him, and he healed him, so that the man spoke and saw. Matt 12:22

That evening they brought to him many who were oppressed by demons, and he cast out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick Matt 8:16

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Deuteronomy go read it. The bible says disease and ailments are cause by sin and evil spirits, the bible also says a prostitutes, other religions, disrespectful children, a dozen other sins that today might get you 30 days and jail or a spanking...merited the death penalty if you would like I can quote actual scripture. And while it might not say the earth is flat, it wasn't till the last several hundred years that people believed it. The church declared the earth was the center of the universe, many of the teachings in the bible have been proven wrong...the reason for that is human error and again the scripture...there are hundreds if not thousands of scripture, the bible you are reading today is and edited book, it was edited and translated into hundreds of languages. People in bible times though tsunamis and earthquakes were cause be people sinning and god punishing them...we know those things happened because the earth is not solid...there is magma and tectonic plates the move cause those things. And you know what this argument has gotten old. There could be a passage in the bible that said the earth is square and conservative Christians would argue and start wars over it lol. The bible to me is a book part history and myths of the Jewish people, and a book on how to have a relationship with god. That's my take and neither one of us is gonna change that believe, you are a conservative Christians and I am a liberal one.

Lol, it is you who need to read the scriptures if you think it teaches that.

Just because one thing causes X does not mean that only that one thing causes X. People are body, soul and spirit and likewise disease and conditions can be due to physical, mental and/or spiritual causes.

As to Old Testament punishments, the people there were the civilized nation surrounded by far worse nations. If you lived there you would be begging to be allowed into their nation and under their 'draconian' laws.

The church did not as a whole, believe it to be flat, only one section of it did.

The Bible is either Gods breathed word or not. No in-between. You either accept the whole book or not at all.
It's not a 'good' book or a book of useful teachings or a book of some wisdom.
God doesn't give us that option. The two options are all in or all out.

Revelation 3:15-16
“‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And there was a woman who had had a disabling spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not fully straighten herself. luke 13:11

And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, so they could to heal every disease and every affliction. Matt 1:10

And also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities: Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out Luke 8:2

And when they came to the crowd, a man came up to him and, kneeling before him, said, “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and he suffers terribly. For often he falls into the fire, and often into the water. And I brought him to your disciples, and they could not heal him.” And Jesus answered, “O faithless and twisted generation, how long am I to be with you? How long am I to bear with you? Bring him here to me.” And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him, and the boy was healed instantly. Matt 17:14-18

Then a demon-oppressed man who was blind and mute was brought to him, and he healed him, so that the man spoke and saw. Matt 12:22

That evening they brought to him many who were oppressed by demons, and he cast out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick Matt 8:16

When Jesus drove the demons out and cured people, those conditions were caused by demons. When the women with a bleeding disorder touch Jesus and she was healed her physical body condition was healed and when people have mental conditions and are helped by drugs and therapy they have mental conditions.

Because disease/conditions can be physical, mental and or spiritual. Not only is God 3 in 1 but so are we.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Man no matter how you look at it such a flood would have wiped every single thing man has down in the last 100000 years. The oldest human settlements date back that far...those settlements would exist man. Copernicus And Galileo proved the earth revolves around the sun...that it is not the center of the universe. The church fought those teaching as well. We now know disease is caused by germs not evil spirits, and can be treated with simple medication. We the know the earth is not flat. The bible your reading was created about 1700 year ago by a bunch of priest were it was edited, books were added and remove over roughly 200 year period. This is not saying god does not exist cause he does. I am saying much of the bible is a bunch of edited books that were written decades after Christ and his disciples died.
Is there a particular issue here you would like to discuss?

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When Jesus drove the demons out and cured people, those conditions were caused by demons. When the women with a bleeding disorder touch Jesus and she was healed her physical body condition was healed and when people have mental conditions and are helped by drugs and therapy they have mental conditions.

Because disease/conditions can be physical, mental and or spiritual. Not only is God 3 in 1 but so are we.
but he bible still teaches that disease is caused by evil spirits. Deal with it

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
200,000 years ago we took our first steps on the African savanna. Today there are 7 billion of us living across planet Earth. How did our ancestors beat the odds and spread from continent to continent? What was the secret to their success?

This is a global detective story, featuring new fossil finds and the latest genetic research. It’s a story that revolves around a shocking revelation. In prehistoric times, we met and mated with other types of human – like Neanderthals, Denisovans and Homo erectus. This mixing of genes helped us survive - and ultimately thrive. Scientists are beginning to realize that ours is not a pedigree species, but a patchwork. We are all hybrids.
First Peoples | PBS

4892 B.C.Adam & Eve (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:3)
4762 B.C. Seth born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:6) .
4657 B.C. Enosh born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:9) .
4567 B.C. Cainan (alt. Kenan) born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:12) .
4497 B.C. Mahalalel born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:15) .
4432 B.C. Jared born (D:Heb/70)(B:Heb/70 Genesis 5:18) .
4270 B.C. Enoch born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:21) .
4205 B.C. Methuselah born (D:Heb/70)(B:Heb/70 Genesis 5:25) .
4018 B.C. Lamech born (D:Heb)(B:Heb Genesis 5:28) .
3962 B.C. Adam dies. (Genesis 5:4) .
3905 B.C. Enoch is taken by God. (Genesis 5:22-23) .
3836 B.C. Noah born (D:Heb/70)(B:Heb/70/Sam Genesis 5:32) .
3334 B.C. Shem born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/70/Sam Genesis 5:10) .
3236 B.C. Methuselah dies (Genesis 5:26-27). Worldwide Flood begins (Genesis 7:6, 11). .
3235 B.C. Flood Ends. (Genesis 8:13-14) Post-Flood
3234 B.C. Arphaxad born (D:Heb/Sam) (B:70/Sam Genesis 11:12) .
3099 B.C. Cainan born (D:70)(B:70 Genesis 11:13 Septuagint only) - Luke 3:36 2

Ancient Near East: Early Bronze Age.
3000 B.C. Sumerian Civilization begins to arise in Mesopotamia (until 2340 B.C.)

Egyptian Civilization begins to arise. Archaic Period. First king Narmer (also called Menes) Writing arises. Era of written history begins.
2969 B.C. Salah (alt. Shelah) born (D:Heb/Sam)(B:70/Sam Genesis 11:14) .
2888 B.C. Noah dies. (Genesis 9:28-29) .
The problem with "human" life prior to Adam and Eve is the fall.

Those who believe in such things can't tell us when, where, why or how it happened....but Genesis can.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
. So where is the evidence for The molten surface the Bible’s version of a global flood would have caused ? Any version of a global flood would have left a lot of easily visible evidence . Including from heat hot enough to melt the surface and/or a global widespread sediment layer So where is it?

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since there's neither evidence nor scriptural support for that, it's just an unsupported belief.

Mountains are raised in various ways, but we have no evidence whatever that God uses anything but natural means to do it.

On the contrary scripture does say God raised the mountains and deepened basins, to accommodate the flood waters, in Psalm 104:

Psa 104:6 You covered it with the deep as with a garment; the waters stood above the mountains.

Psa 104:7 At your rebuke they fled; at the sound of your thunder they took to flight.

Psa 104:8 The MOUNTAINS rose, the VALLEYS sank down to the place that you appointed for them.

Psa 104:9 You set a boundary that they may not pass, so that they might not again COVER the earth.

When He lowered the valleys, it pushed up the mountains higher, to compensate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No evidence for that 4000 years ago or whenever y’all think the Flood occurred. We have evidence for that bolide that killed off the non avian dinosaurs. We have evidence that Africa and Europe pushed up the Appalachians long long time ago . We have evidence that South America and Africa were once a single piece of land millions of years ago . So finding evidence of a worldwide Flood occurring a few thousand years ago should be trivially easy ....... if it truly happened

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No evidence for that 4000 years ago or whenever y’all think the Flood occurred.
Suppose God cleaned it up, so the world could be replenished?

Genesis 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

Didn't the dove bring back an olive leaf?

Genesis 8:11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

How'd that happen, if God hadn't restored the plant kingdom?

Genesis 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Physical evidence would still be there . We find cities that haven’t been lived in for thousands of years by examining them under different wavelengths of light. Evidence for a Flood would be trivially easy . Also that God “cleaned up“ the mess, isn’t in the Bible

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Physical evidence would still be there.
Why?
Brightmoon said:
We find cities that haven’t been lived in for thousands of years by examining them under different wavelengths of light.
So?
Brightmoon said:
Evidence for a Flood would be trivially easy.
A natural flood, maybe; but not like the Flood in Noah's time.

Had God not documented it, it wouldn't even be suspected.
Brightmood said:
Also that God “cleaned up“ the mess, isn’t in the Bible.
Do you have a better idea as to why academia can't find evidence?

If so, let's hear it, please?

In your opinion, did God leave a scar behind, when He took out one of Adam's ribs?

Genesis 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

What would your wavelengths of light show there, on Adam's side?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
. So where is the evidence for The molten surface the Bible’s version of a global flood would have caused ? Any version of a global flood would have left a lot of easily visible evidence . Including from heat hot enough to melt the surface and/or a global widespread sediment layer So where is it?

Where is it?

There’s this worldwide phenomena called the ‘geologic column’, comprised of sediment layers stacked on top of each other, with straight and smooth boundary lines between each layer, that show little to no signs of erosion that you would expect to see, if each layer took millions of years to form.

Not only that, but geologists don’t seem to ask, why for millions of years only sandstone accumulated to form a layer, then switched to limestone to form another layer, and only limestone accumulated for millions of years, then switched to shale, and only shale built up deposits for millions of years to form yet another layer.

Water flume experiments show how those layers really formed - when limestone, shale, sandstone, etc, were put in moving water, the water sorted them out by size, weight, and density, and formed sedimentary layers that look exactly like what is found in the geologic column.

The strata in the geologic column being formed quickly by the Genesis flood’s moving water, explains polystrate fossils, in which you find trees in the vertical position, poking thru multiple layers that are claimed to have taken millions of years for each layer, to form.

Thus there is evidence for the worldwide flood.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Where is it?

There’s this worldwide phenomena called the ‘geologic column’, comprised of sediment layers stacked on top of each other, with straight and smooth boundary lines between each layer, that show little to no signs of erosion that you would expect to see, if each layer took millions of years to form.
what do you think said erosion would look like?

Not only that, but geologists don’t seem to ask, why for millions of years only sandstone accumulated to form a layer, then switched to limestone to form another layer, and only limestone accumulated for millions of years, then switched to shale, and only shale built up deposits for millions of years to form yet another layer.
actually they do and if you were to honestly go and look you could learn about how different sedimentary rock is forms with different environmental conditions.

lets turn this around - Creationists don’t seem to ask, why layers of sandstone and shale and limestone accumulate in the middle of a flood singly and in such orderly fashion. it is awful polite of all those coral skeletons to stand aside in the turbulent flood waters and let the sand go ahead and form it's layer first.
Creationists also never ask how non sedimentary rocks like Besalt get their own layers in and among the layers of sedimentary rock

Water flume experiments show how those layers really formed - when limestone, shale, sandstone, etc, were put in moving water, the water sorted them out by size, weight, and density, and formed sedimentary layers that look exactly like what is found in the geologic column.
so why does the Grand Canyon have dozens of layers of shale intermixed with layers of sandstone and a half dozen other types of rocks?

The strata in the geologic column being formed quickly by the Genesis flood’s moving water, explains polystrate fossils, in which you find trees in the vertical position, poking thru multiple layers that are claimed to have taken millions of years for each layer, to form.
i would have thought this would be the result of the erosion you have claimed didn't happen

Thus there is evidence for the worldwide flood.
riiight

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

• Informative
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There’s this worldwide phenomena called the ‘geologic column’, comprised of sediment layers stacked on top of each other, with straight and smooth boundary lines between each, that show little to no signs of erosion that you would expect to see, if each layer took millions of years to form.

upload_2020-9-26_19-59-36.png

Google Image Result for https://images.slideplayer.com/37/10697558/slides/slide_28.jpg

• Informative
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
With the above posts, large flat layers of rock form as a product of oceanic trans and regressive sequences. Beyond that, there are many erosional surfaces in the geologic column, we call them unconformities. They come in different shapes and sizes. Disconformities, nonconformities, angular unconformities, and paraconformities.

Types of Unconformities

• Informative
Upvote 0