Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't consider what God wanted done with them to be an 'atrocity' (and it has nothing to do with you).

Leviticus 19:31
Regard not them that have familiar spirits (necromancer), neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.

Leviticus 20:6
And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

Leviticus 20:27
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

That's fine and all, but these things only exist in your mind, not reality.

Which is why we don't burn witches anymore.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I don't consider what God wanted done with them to be an 'atrocity' (and it has nothing to do with you).

Leviticus 19:31
Regard not them that have familiar spirits (necromancer), neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.

Leviticus 20:6
And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

Leviticus 20:27
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Seems inconsistent with the Biblical teaching that God allowed Satan to fool the whole world, even teaming up with him!?!?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Seems inconsistent with the Biblical teaching that God allowed Satan to fool the whole world, even teaming up with him!?!?

All part of the plan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
All part of the plan.
images

• Haha
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There you have it, it's you and AV that have the mindset of those who committed the atrocities while trying to project it onto me.
You've got to be kidding me?

I've asked you twice a simple question, and you won't answer it as I wrote it; and you come back with this???

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rather than just sit outside some tepee and make snide remarks, would you care to answer my question on Colter's behalf?

Is witch burning something that Christians should do today with respect to the Bible?

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You've got to be kidding me?

I've asked you twice a simple question, and you won't answer it as I wrote it; and you come back with this???
Your "simple" questions are loaded. Ask an open ended question if you're truly interested (for the record, I don't think you are).

• Winner
Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Rather than just sit outside some tepee and make snide remarks, would you care to answer my question on Colter's behalf?

Is witch burning something that Christians should do today with respect to the Bible?
Christians burned witches because they were followers of Jesus Christ and the biblical teachings.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christians burned witches because they were followers of Jesus Christ and the biblical teachings.
No, they didn't.

For example … if I … a Christian … decided to burn a witch, I would not be doing it as an act of "Christlikeness" (i.e., as a "Christian").

In other words, I would be doing it in spite of the Bible … not with respect to It.

I've even been called a "hypocrite" for not obeying that Old Testament [obsolete] law by academians.

And I consider it par for the course.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, they didn't.

For example … if I … a Christian … decided to burn a witch, I would not be doing it as an act of "Christlikeness" (i.e., as a "Christian").

In other words, I would be doing it in spite of the Bible … not with respect to It.

I've even been called a "hypocrite" for not obeying that Old Testament [obsolete] law by academians.

What if the witch was trying to stab you to death and all you had to defend yourself was a flamethrower?

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, they didn't.
Of course they did. They were following god's explicit instructions.

"Thou shall not suffer a witch to live."

It doesn't get more clear than that.

Christ did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it.

IOW, you like every 'Christian' alive, interpret the bible to mean what you believe.

If you've been called a "hypocrite," then it's probably because you've made hypocritical statements, but are blinded by your 'faith' to realize it.

And just like that you square that circle.

Upvote 0