Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course they did. They were following god's explicit instructions.
Please answer this (or try to):

Should I be burning burnt offerings on a quotidian basis as well?

And while you probably won't answer that … probably don't answer this either:

Are you admitting witches exist today?

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Please answer this (or try to):

Should I be burning burnt offerings on a quotidian basis as well?
It's not my job to tell you what you should or shouldn't do. People use the bible to justify all manner of belief, from burnt offerings to burning witches.

And while you probably won't answer that … probably don't answer this either:

Are you admitting witches exist today?
I'm admitting that your scripture explicitly directs how Christian's should treat 'witches.'

It's time you let go old superstitious thinking, Av.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not my job to tell you what you should or shouldn't do.
Ooooo now it's different, isn't it? ;)

It's easy to pester us to burn witches, but not burnt offerings … right?

Well before anyone considers us a "hypocrite" for not burning witches, perhaps they should look in their selective mirror first, eh?

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ooooo now it's different, isn't it? ;)

It's easy to pester us to burn witches, but not burnt offerings … right?

Well before anyone considers us a "hypocrite" for not burning witches, perhaps they should look in their selective mirror first, eh?
Burning animals or people is Bronze Age superstitious thinking. It’s time time move on.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm admitting that your scripture explicitly directs how Christian's should treat 'witches.'
I almost overlooked this piece of academia.

And how are 'Christians' supposed to treat witches according to the Scriptures?

I've read the Bible twelve times and can't seem to see where witches are to be burned in this dispensation.

On the other hand, if you meant "Old Testament saint," and not academia's "Christian," (New Testament saint), then feel free to correct your thinking; instead of posting stupid pictures at those of us who are trying to educate you guys.

(Properly, that is. We know you're already educated. But I mean "properly.")

• Haha
Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I almost overlooked this piece of academia.

And how are 'Christians' supposed to treat witches according to the Scriptures?

I've read the Bible twelve times and can't seem to see where witches are to be burned in this dispensation.

On the other hand, if you meant "Old Testament saint," and not academia's "Christian," (New Testament saint), then feel free to correct your thinking; instead of posting stupid pictures at those of us who are trying to educate you guys.

(Properly, that is. We know you're already educated. But I mean "properly.")
I understand Av, you're having a conflict of conscious. I get it. You don't need to defend bronze age superstitions any longer. I'm sure you don't burn animals, burn witches, or hate gay people, and that's perfectly normal. As I said, it's time to move on.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I have been born of the spirt and baptized in the Jordan river. I'm am from the religions of authority which appeal mainly to the mind. I've always known from the time I was a child that the story of Noah's flood is simply untenable. As an adult I learned that the Hebrew priest who wrote their exaggerated history were attempting to trace their blood lines back to Noah. Unable to do so they decided to drown the whole world in its own wickedness to fill in the gap.
Now, are you led and taught by the Holy Spirit?

• Optimistic
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I understand Av, you're having a conflict of conscious. I get it. You don't need to defend bronze age superstitions any longer. I'm sure you don't burn animals, burn witches, or hate gay people, and that's perfectly normal. As I said, it's time to move on.
So many things to say on posts that are just not worth much. Void of Spiritual Induced Awareness.

Awareness of God's Shekinah Glory is absent. Such awareness puts people in awe of their sinfulness in a split second, and their need to be purified in their walk and talk before Him Above. A path they now see before them worth more than all that is in this world.

Holiness. He defines it. We are to put it on, by the Holy Spirit working within. God works from the inside out.

Grace = something on the inside, working towards the outside, bringing about a change.

Or are your statements posted the path to take and how to think and act?

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So many things to say on posts that are just not worth much. Void of Spiritual Induced Awareness.

Awareness of God's Shekinah Glory is absent. Such awareness puts people in awe of their sinfulness in a split second, and their need to be purified in their walk and talk before Him Above. A path they now see before them worth more than all that is in this world.

Holiness. He defines it. We are to put it on, by the Holy Spirit working within. God works from the inside out.

Grace = something on the inside, working towards the outside, bringing about a change.

It's time to let the superstitious thinking go. You're better than this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Christ did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it.

Using a house as an analogy (Jesus knew carpentry) the Old Covenant is the foundation, the New Covenant is the house built upon that foundation. Jesus (and the apostles) fulfilled the Law by building the house; the church. The foundation (the basement) is dank and gloomy (like a grave) while the house above is bright and welcoming. Christians were meant to live in the house, not in the basement. However the foundation is always there, strong and true, if anything happens to the house.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxfyre
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That is the problem I think with many of the faithful who put their whole faith in their or somebody else's interpretation of the written word in Scripture, but don't give equal credit to God's aka Holy Spirit's instructions for us now. I am a quasi-professional at least wannabe Biblical scholar and have been informed, blessed, and instructed by the Scriptures. But the Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways through some of the most implausible people, and I cannot believe the age of miracles is past. Or that God is not instructing us even now.

But it is always dangerous, and is almost always going to be error, to pluck this verse or that verse from the whole of Scripture and hold it up as the authoritative Word of God without consideration for context or what the writer's intended to convey of God's will, God's purpose, God's intent or accounts as seen through the eyes of those who wrote it.

The account of Noah in the Old Testament can be taken literally or allegorically with no harm. The harm comes in declaring somebody heretic because they see it differently than a specific dogma.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I'm lead by the various spirits of God as well as common sense. I don't believe some of the ridiculous stuff the Jews wrote about themselves.
Through His Spirit God is at work to produce the Nature of Christ within us. Such is a plain in the Bible from Genesis to Revelations.

A Divine Relationship, not mere words or doctrines.

Screenshot_20180612-143610.jpg

Upvote 0