Noah's Ark

Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
More later.
In case the OP has not been addressed in the last year: It was actually Ken Ham's vision of Noah's flood that is destroyed. Ham tries to explain things "scientifically" (more like science fiction :D). Others just evoke miracles.

The points were simple to understand:
  1. The fossil record has no animals in the mass extinctions caused by the flood that swam above the flood waters.
    More relevantly but not in the video, the fossil record has no record at all of the most massive mass extinction event in Earth's history.
  2. Ham has Australian animals getting to Australia on an imaginary land bridge in the last 4000 years. But there are no remains of Australian animals on the path to Australia. Or any sign of the land bridge.
  3. In Ham's world view, unskilled workers can build a wooden boat that skilled shipwrights cannot.
    The Wyoming was a wooden boat compariable to the ark. It was built by skilled shipwrights with centuries of accumulated experience, e.g. starting with the Greeks. It twisted apart in heavy seas and leaks eventually sank it. It is not reasonable that uinskilled people could build a better boat than skilled people.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sad, isn't it?

It's almost scary, as in, it leaves virtually everything open for change to something man made over the word of God. I should take the fact I've never heard of that doctrine as a good thing.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Humans aren't perfect, God is, and if he can create a universe and all within it, he's quite capable of communication to us without error.

What I can't figure out, for the few that see it as you do, how do you decide what to believe and what not to? And what if they are mistaken in those efforts?

Nope, something like you suggest would put such doubt in the bible, the whole thing would be an iffy joke. The suggestion what you say is a fact is just people, by design, giving themselves permission to change the bible to what they want it to be...very dangerous.
I agree, God is what is perfect. Mans understanding changes. Believers are tempted to make a God out of the Bible. The doctrine of the inspiration of the scripture is an invention of the priesthood for authority. That's true of every religion.

I can figure out that God never regretted his creation and drown the whole earth except an ancestor of the self important people who invented that story, only to have conditions remain the same! What an insult to the creator! Why cant you figure that out????? I assume that you are an adult? If that story wasn't in the Hebrews exaggerated history would you believe it?

Faith in God is what is critical, beliefs vary with people and religions.

If Moses wrote Genesis after the Exodus, what scripture book did they use for 200+ years in Egypt? Before that? Where is it? Is that what Moses broke when he came down Sini and had to go rewrite it? My gosh, its a wonder they didn't all just fall down a well they were so incapable of thought?

The obvious errors in the scripture are proof that God didn't write it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If Moses wrote Genesis after the Exodus, what scripture book did they use for 200+ years in Egypt? Before that? Where is it? Is that what Moses broke when he came down Sini and had to go rewrite it? My gosh, its a wonder they didn't all just fall down a well they were so incapable of thought?
Genesis was already written when Moses came on the scene.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's not what your Bible says,
It doesn't have to say that expressly.

I don't need to be a Rhodes scholar to know what educatees don't.
Colter said:
… that's what your superstition says.

That's a doosey of a "superstition" we have, isn't it?

How much did you pay to traipse all the way over to the Promised Land to get your picture taken next to an empty tomb, that wasn't even built for the One who first occupied it?

And for the record, let me ask you this:

If Genesis had never been written, what "scripture book" would they have used in the 430 years (or 200+ years, as you put it) to get the Gospel (viz., the Plan of Salvation)?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't have to say that expressly.

I don't need to be a Rhodes scholar to know what educatees don't.

That's a doosey of a "superstition" we have, isn't it?

How much did you pay to traipse all the way over to the Promised Land to get your picture taken next to an empty tomb, that wasn't even built for the One who first occupied it?

And for the record, let me ask you this:

If Genesis had never been written, what "scripture book" would they have used in the 430 years (or 200+ years, as you put it) to get the Gospel (viz., the Plan of Salvation)?
I was all over Israel for 2 weeks with 23 other Uber’s from all over the world lead by a French Canadian who planned out the group trip. This would be the third such trip she had done. You can look into the price on the link. My flight out of DC was under $800 with 2 long layovers in Europe which afforded me the opportunity to visit Brussels and Munich. TUUF Easter Retreat 2018 in the Holy Lands ~ Home Page

The “plan” that you ask me to speculate on is a vague request. If you are referring to the general plan of salvation in Christianity I can only say that it’s built on quite a bit of human speculation and conjecture which is not definitively found in the original gospel of The Kingdom of Heaven.

Salvation has always been a matter of faith and trust in the belief that God has an incomprehensible, eternal plan for his children. But man can’t help but create formulas and creeds.

View media item 59249

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It's almost scary, as in, it leaves virtually everything open for change to something man made over the word of God. I should take the fact I've never heard of that doctrine as a good thing.
AV has a bias so he omits things. In the Urantia revelation we now have the entire life and teaching of Jesus as well as the general material and spiritual history of our world, solar system and galaxy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yep, Genesis was co-opted from earlier creation myths.

:oldthumbsup:

Other creation myths can actually be useful. One such has the "writhing's of a giant snake pushing up the mountains". This is true, metaphorically speaking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yes.

I forgot to mention Urantia is a cult.
And that you have never read the 2000 page book that you disagree with.

Bible worshipers fear the slippery slope of admitting errors in the book. But failure to do so has already become a stumbling block for millions to finding the original Gospel of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The doctrine of the inspiration of the scripture is an invention of the priesthood for authority. That's true of every religion.

We disagree, it's Gods word and written just how he wants it written. And I've told you all the logical reasons why it would be illogical for it to be anything other than his word....things would be a complete mess.

I mean things are messy enough as it is because many insist on changing his word, but that's not Gods fault if men who insist it's wrong here or there, and then interject their "wisdom" instead of Gods...a huge mistake.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Because Urantia is a cult.
Ironically, you behave more like someone who is in a cult in the pejorative sense. You are defensive and irrational when facts are presented to you. You aren't allowed to think for yourself outside of a fetishistic bubble. You've been induced into suspicion of modernity. Your replies are shallow and robotic. You vilify and reject the field of science. And the Christian religion has been responsible for a number of atrocities throughout history. Not the UB.

Upvote 0