✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

I promised to bring more on this subject about a year ago - today is the day.

My late cousin Hadden Lowrey was a prominent photographer who took quite some interest in Noah's ark and it's final resting place.

I attach an interview he did with historian and archaeologist Hardwick Knight who worked in with the Smithsonian Institute excavating a site at around 14000 feet at which very ancient hand hewn timbers were found at a location usually inaccessible above the snow line.

This is an old video that will only interest those seriously interested in this subject.

Recently claims were made that a vessels remains 20Km from the mountain were the ark. Good evidence is presented that this is not tenable for several reasons. Late in the video a Turkish academic confirms this.

Hadden Lowrey later on took a private flight with Neil Armstrong and photographed the remains visible in a Glacial wall.

If there is enough interest I will post a second video that refers to this detail.

In the present political climate it is unlikely permission will be given to view the site.

The Jewish historian Josephus mentioned the name of the tribe in the area who were the 'guardians of the ark' and that it was common in Jesus day to make pilgrimage there.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe God's secrets will be revealed in their due time according to His will.
Anyways, if you like the Ark: You should check out the Ark Ecounter in Kentucky. I visited there a few years back. It's really impressive.

Life-size Noah’s Ark

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe God's secrets will be revealed in their due time according to His will.
Anyways, if you like the Ark: You should check out the Ark Ecounter in Kentucky. I visited there a few years back. It's really impressive.

Life-size Noah’s Ark

Yes Hadden believed that too, he is aware that the matter will carry some judgement when released.

After prayer I have felt to release this much at this time.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing this video…..very interesting. Too bad there’s not more.

Too bad the fragments he took turned to dust and nothing could be dated.

Three years of drought prior to his ascent, interesting.

Wow he saw a rainbow every afternoon, caused by evaporation of the snow! That would have been so amazing.

Good explanation and gracious refutation of Wyatt’s work. I agree that no anchor stones would be needed.

(I also saw a very nice tribute to your cousin by Petra.)

...Science has gotten away with dismissing most history from 3-6 thousand years ago, but quickly jumps to 8, 10 thousand, all the way billions of years. I recently saw this video on rock layers in relation to the great deluge….

Geology and the Biblical Flood

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing this video…..very interesting. Too bad there’s not more.

Too bad the fragments he took turned to dust and nothing could be dated.

I will post the second video - just converting to MP3 for Youtube.

Dating was done after a second visit with the Smithonian institute.

Reactions: Paul4JC
Upvote 0

Paul4JC

Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OK here we go...

Here is a link to the second video...

Thanks again.

He had a very good overview and understanding. Citing 1st century and other sources, who all seem to say the same thing...Its remains are their in a glacier at about 14000 feet, and some have seen them.

... a few notes I made.
  • What a dangerous place to climb. Snakes. Bears Mountain lion, wild dogs. Crazy weather. Poisonous gases. Volcanic
  • Volcanic ash preserved. Petrified wood. Green, redish ,purplish. Sticking out of a glacier. Ancients had pieces. Armenia is the location.
  • Nicolaus of Damascus. And relics of the timber were long preserved.
  • Marco Polo You must know in this county of Armenia you must know that the ark of Noah exists on top of tall mountain. Ice cap never melts
  • John Christom. …are not the remains of the ark preserved there for our admonition… 1st century.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I remember seeing I think the same info back in the middle 90s online but the issue was that the country that the site was a part of didn't allow any more exploration of it at all since then which basically shut down any solid proof that could be presented as evidence for the story (to most) as more than a myth. I know there has been a lot of exploration that more and more proves the validity of more and more stories of the Bible that scoffers have at one time presented as proof the Bible isn't true. It is my opinion that God "allows" evidence to stay hidden that for most folks who desire to reject God the "lack" of proof gives them confidence (or anti faith) that the Bible isn't true when it comes to the Gospel because some major portions of it aren't true.
Like as said if the ark were 100% proven to be the same exact dimensions, the same age and even have animal droppings or DNA there of species that suggest it was indeed housing 2 (or more) of everything in it then people would have to rely a lot less on faith to believe God, in fact I believe there would be a huge fight to continue to hide the truth by those whose lives would be destroyed by it.
I don't see the Ark being revealed scientifically enough to either jolt all the fence setters off or move the fence over more into the skeptic yard and swallowing up a bunch of them with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paul4JC

Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow... amazing and beautiful tribute thank you Paul...

I spoke at Hadden's funeral - I was not aware of this...

Thanks so much...

I did a YouTube search after you posted the 1st video. So Hadden knew the Petra band too? That's pretty cool.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did a YouTube search after you posted the 1st video. So Hadden knew the Petra band too? That's pretty cool.
Hey, I remember the band Petra, I used to have a cassette tape of theirs, I think.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey, I remember the band Petra, I used to have a cassette tape of theirs, I think.
Yes great band....but think I should digress and say that the tribute is not related to the band(it did seem like it) but Mr. Hadden's visit to the Petra site.

• Informative
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes great band....but think I should digress and say that the tribute is not related to the band(it did seem like it) but Mr. Hadden's visit to the Petra site.
Ha, that's what I get for not having speakers on my PC here.

Upvote 0