Nice things strangers have done for you

Beccafly

Jan 6, 2010
Virginia
✟15,336.00
Faith
Christian
I was driving down the interstate one day heading back from a resturant when my engine overheated. To make things worse, there was a wreck so traffic was at a standstill and my car died right in the middle. I couldn't even veer off and I got pretty scared and upset. All the while I called the police about it and people were passing me.

Then, this wonderful family stopped and helped me move out of the middle of the interstate and to the side of the road. They even jump started my car for me. I couldn't say thank you enough to them and I still think about them and keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: traingosorry
Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm sure I'm missing something - but what is standing out in my mind is something that happened quite a few years ago, when I was still living in the USA.

I was in a bad car accident - my car was totaled. Luckily, I managed to escape with only a minor chest injury, got out of my car, checked on the people in the other car that was involved and waited for police.

Some young woman stranger clasped my hand, held it and smiled at me.

Reactions: traingosorry
Upvote 0

UnionJack

Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
Toronto
✟16,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
One thing that comes to mind, this probably isn't the nicest, but its definetley memorable. This older man woke me up on the bus once when i was heading to school cause he knew i got off at this specific bus terminal cause i saw him everyday. Who knows what part of the city I would've ended up in otherwise :)

Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure I'm missing something - but what is standing out in my mind is something that happened quite a few years ago, when I was still living in the USA.

I was in a bad car accident - my car was totaled. Luckily, I managed to escape with only a minor chest injury, got out of my car, checked on the people in the other car that was involved and waited for police.

That is just wonderful.

That reminded me of my car accident. I remember telling him, "are you sure I am not died?" I kept hearing "yes." Then I woke up in the hospital. I asked for the person, but no one knew who he was. The police officer told me he questioned someone but wouldn't give the name.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
One thing that comes to mind, this probably isn't the nicest, but its definetley memorable. This older man woke me up on the bus once when i was heading to school cause he knew i got off at this specific bus terminal cause i saw him everyday. Who knows what part of the city I would've ended up in otherwise :)

That was awfully good of him!!

Upvote 0

Dzhessika

Lovin' God's beautiful handiwork!
Jul 12, 2004
Vancouver,Washington
✟16,213.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Back in february only remember it because it was the week of my birthday I decided to walk to subway for lunch and when I got there , there was like probably 4 or so people in line ahead of me but the lady just ahead of me ordered I believe 7 foot long subs and I just got a 6inch one she saw that and felt so bad that I waited so long for all hers that she whispered to the guy taking the money to add mine on to her bill once I got up to paid for mine he told me it'd been taken care of it was the nicest thing ever totally made my day and so not necessary ....

other things just getting compliments from strangers I dont even know a couple times at the gym theyve noticed in the few months theyve seen me doing really well and looking good just little things like that brighten my day.

Upvote 0

BeefSupreme

Veteran
Aug 1, 2007
✟17,069.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I used to drive this old Bronco, and it decided to die in the middle of the road as I was driving to work. A guy who also worked at the same place I did, got out and helped me push it to the side of the road, then gave me a ride the rest of the way to work so I wouldn't be late.

42q1v.jpg

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Psm116:7 said:
-I took my grandmother to an Irish Music Festival and someone gave us free tickets as we were standing in line waiting to pay

YES. Free tickets are so great!!! :clap:

PassionFruit said:
Several times, when I came up short when making a purchase, someone was nice enough to give me change or pay it themselves.

YES. This thread is really reminding me of all the nice things people have ever done for me. Such a great idea!

I, personally, believe that because many people have been so kind to me, that I have no other option but to extend that to others. Taken from Luke 12:48: "...From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." I know that's taken out of context because I snipped it, but I still believe in that.

Wow. That's powerful. Isn't it amazing how the "smallest" gestures can mean so much?

Ethnog said:
That reminded me of my car accident. I remember telling him, "are you sure I am not died?" I kept hearing "yes." Then I woke up in the hospital. I asked for the person, but no one knew who he was. The police officer told me he questioned someone but wouldn't give the name.

Now that is cool. I'm glad you're okay. :)

Upvote 0