✟1,358,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 10:1-6 ESV

“’Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.’ This figure of speech Jesus used with them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them.”

What do these thieves and robbers look like? What does a stranger look like? And I don’t mean in physical appearance, but in character – in thought, word, and deed. How will we know if there are such “thieves and robbers and strangers” among us? How will we recognize them? Will they be loud and boisterous? Or quiet and unassuming? They could be either one. For they will appear to be whatever you think they should be so that you will trust them, and so that you will believe and follow them.

So, what are they thieving and robbing? They are robbing the truth from the Scriptures, and they are robbing you of that truth in their teaching. And they are robbing from you your trust in them, for they are just using you and taking advantage of you. And they are lying to you and manipulating you and smooth-talking you so that you will believe that they are your friend, and that what they are offering to you is for your good and not to harm you. But all of that is to make you like them and trust them and believe them.

So, how do we discern these thieves, robbers, and strangers from those who are sincere and honest and trustworthy? Well, we have to pay close attention, not just to what they are saying, but to how they are saying it, and to what they are not saying, i.e. what they are leaving out. What is missing? Are they quoting Scriptures but not talking about them? Are they misquoting Scriptures? And/or are they quoting Scriptures out of context that when read in context take on a whole different meaning?

We read in Jude 1 that they pervert the grace of God into sensuality and deny Jesus Christ (which can be in actions and in words or in actions only). And to pervert is to distort, to misrepresent, to alter, and to corrupt the Scriptures and what they teach about the grace of God. And sensuality is fleshly, sexual, carnal, and sexual immorality, impurity, evil thoughts, passion, and orgies, and lawless insolence, indecency, and lewdness.

So, how do they pull this off? How do they get people to accept that? Well, they teach them that all they have to do is to make a once in a lifetime profession of faith in Jesus Christ, and now all their sins are forgiven (past, present, and future), and now heaven is guaranteed them, and it can’t be taken away from them, regardless of how they live. And they convince them that no works are required of them – no repentance, no obedience to God, no submission to Christ as Lord and no living holy lives, pleasing to God.

And they do this by taking Scriptures out of their context and then twist them to make them say what they want them to say. And people are buying into these perversions of God’s grace by the masses! For example they quote Ephesians 2:8-9 which says, “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” But they leave out verse 10, which says: “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”

And they don’t teach Titus 2:11-14 which says, “For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.”

So many of their adherents, thus, have this mistaken idea that because they made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ that heaven is now secured for them regardless of how they live. And so that is a corruption of the grace of God which gives those who believe in it free license to continue living in deliberate and habitual and premeditated sin without conscience and without feeling guilty, and absent of remorse. And many of them are addicted to sexual immorality, believing that God will not judge them.

But what did Jesus say? He said, “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness,’” because they believed they did not have to obey the Lord for salvation (Matthew 7:21-23).

So, if we are those who are in genuine relationship with Jesus Christ, by God-given and God-persuaded faith in him, and so we were crucified with him in death to sin, and we were raised with him to walk in newness of life in him, no longer as slaves to sin, but now as slaves to God and to his righteousness, if we are walking by that faith in him we are not going to be those who follow these liars and deceivers, i.e. these strangers. But we are going to follow Jesus wherever he leads us, and we will obey him.

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

When I Go Home

By G. M. Eldridge

“He will wipe away every tear from their eyes…” Revelation 21:4

In the moment He appears
And the light from heaven shines,
I’ll forget ev’ry fear,
Ev’ry pain I’ll leave behind.
Then I’ll see Him as He is
And I’ll know Him as I’m known.
Ev’ry tear wiped away when I go home.

Ever present is the tho’t
That a moment waits for me
When unworthy as I am,
His glory I will see.
I will empty all my praise
Before my Father’s throne.

If the trial I endure,
And your presence I can’t find,
Be near me, Lord, I pray,
Bring back unto my mind
That your promises are firm
And I’m never on my own.

Caution: This link may contain ads

• Love
Reactions: Beslowtoanger

Beslowtoanger

Carrying my cross daily
Aug 25, 2023
Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My goodness, thank you for posting this and thank you God for bringing me here.

This is exactly how I feel since my regeneration and birth of the Holy Spirit following a cry for forgiveness and absolute repentance.

For the first time in my regenerated faith I have been walking the narrow path daily, asking God to keep me upright, free from sin, free from earthly desires. I am only interested in serving the Lord, I am only interested in his will for me and I look at my past sinful life prior to my tearful cries through Jesus in utter disgust.

I am filled with wants of love, care, gentleness, forgiveness, peace, faith and prayer. I have never read books and yet I have a desire to read the word and understand, I’ve read more in the last month than I have since I was at school 35 years ago!!

I am sensitive to any form of suffering, to the point of being tearful, this is the Holy Spirit working in me. I trust nothing but the written word, faith in Jesus Christ and guidance from the Holy Spirit.

Social media is gone, endlessly watching the misery in the news is gone, laziness is gone, watching YouTube content (apart from helping to understand God) is gone, fleshly things are gone, I’m just consumed with God………….

I am working for the Lord, that is my job and through Jesus Christ, my endeavours are works of love and love alone.

God Bless you

David

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,738.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While you're busy talking in generalities, it's already too late. We are already following strangers.

The god of the West is the god of equality. It is this god who people follow with women leading the way. Since women control the vote in the West, we in the West go where the god of equality wants to go.

How many Christians in your church would get mad if you criticized equality? 75%?

The god of equality says that the god of Christians and the god of Muslims are the same god. So when the Islamic Jesus (false prophet) comes doing some miracles as prophesized in the Quran, then everybody who believes in equality will follow him. All those Christians will follow him and convert to Islam.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My goodness, thank you for posting this and thank you God for bringing me here.

This is exactly how I feel since my regeneration and birth of the Holy Spirit following a cry for forgiveness and absolute repentance.

For the first time in my regenerated faith I have been walking the narrow path daily, asking God to keep me upright, free from sin, free from earthly desires. I am only interested in serving the Lord, I am only interested in his will for me and I look at my past sinful life prior to my tearful cries through Jesus in utter disgust.

I am filled with wants of love, care, gentleness, forgiveness, peace, faith and prayer. I have never read books and yet I have a desire to read the word and understand, I’ve read more in the last month than I have since I was at school 35 years ago!!

I am sensitive to any form of suffering, to the point of being tearful, this is the Holy Spirit working in me. I trust nothing but the written word, faith in Jesus Christ and guidance from the Holy Spirit.

Social media is gone, endlessly watching the misery in the news is gone, laziness is gone, watching YouTube content (apart from helping to understand God) is gone, fleshly things are gone, I’m just consumed with God………….

I am working for the Lord, that is my job and through Jesus Christ, my endeavours are works of love and love alone.

God Bless you

David
Praise Jesus! Glory to God for what he has done and is doing in your life in transforming you and making you more like Jesus. Thank you for sharing your testimony.

• Friendly
Reactions: Beslowtoanger
Upvote 0