NFL to allow social justice messages in end zone, players to wear decals of police brutality victims

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As long as all social messages get equal time.

The ones that don't fall in line with BLM would get as much time as Bob Barr got during the recent hearing in the House. It was a perfect example of the type of discourse we see elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know.. this is going to really hurt the NFL ...

This is the America.. and playing that national anthem should always be played. These are American sports. You USE to have to stand in school put your hand over you heart and say? Yeah.. not any more. We need to bring that back praise GOD glory to JESUS!

Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟103,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From the article-
The league will also go ahead with playing 'Lift Every Voice and Sing'

The NFL reportedly unvealed on Monday its social justice plans for Week 1 of the upcoming season, which includes optional decals players can place on their helmet and messages that could be placed in each end zone.

Players who opt to wear the decal will be given a list of names or they can choose a “victim of systematic racism who is not on that list,” NFL executive Anna Isaacson told teams, according to the NFL Network.

“As we continue to amplify and elevate the NFL's ongoing and long-term commitment to social justice, we will be incorporating several prominent elements on the field, into all broadcasts and across league and club platforms to begin the NFL season and beyond,” the memo reportedly read. “In developing these concepts, we have worked directly with players and received input from the NFLPA.”

Continued below.
NFL to allow social justice messages in end zone, players to wear decals of police brutality victims: report
When they are kneeling for the police officers who are 18 times more likely to get shot by a Black than vice versa, then I will pay attention. When they are playing an anthem to recognize that the #1 cause of death for Blacks 44 years of age and younger is homicide, most likely at the hands of another Black, then I will pay attention. When they paint Black Babies Lives Matter on their playing fields to acknowledge the nearly 20 million Black children lost to abortion since Roe v Wade, then I will pay attention. When they allow end zone celebrations and decals on their uniforms to call attention to the fact that nearly 7 in 10 Black children are born into fatherless homes, then I will pay attention. Until then, I will pay attention to something else.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If it was only a 2019 problem, they would run out of names. It's not.

Why does this bother you so much?
I have this thing about false narratives, lies, people trying to play the victim card, and social action groups like BLM that do all of the above I just cannot help it, it is like fingernails on a chalk board.

Upvote 0

DaveISBA

Mar 1, 2020
Richmond
✟33,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Your argument is just silly. That a group is disadvantaged doesn't preclude a handful of folks from within the group from succeeding.
"Ooh boy, 6 black billionaires in the US" What about saying Hallelujah 6 black billionaires in the US? You appear to be sympathetic to the black cause yet mock the number of, as you put it, the "handful of folks"?
Well we look up to and take pride in the handful and in the knowledge that, with God's guidance, there will be more! Again thank you for you're non-encouragement!

Upvote 0

DaveISBA

Mar 1, 2020
Richmond
✟33,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Your argument is just silly. That a group is disadvantaged doesn't preclude a handful of folks from within the group from succeeding.
"Ooh boy, 6 black billionaires in the US" What about saying "Hallelujah"! 6 black billionaires in the US? You appear to be sympathetic to the black cause yet mock the number of, as you put it, the "handful of folks"?

Well we look up to and take pride in the handful and in the knowledge that, with God's guidance, there will be more! Again thank you for you're non-encouragement!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is all so excessive and bizarrely overdone that I have to wonder if the owners didn't just decide, since the season is pfffft anyway, with fans not allowed into the stadiums in the normal way and viewers already outraged at the players' public statements and kneeling, that they might as well get it all out now.

And that assumes that there even will be a season. They surely know that it wouldn't take much for the whole season to be scrubbed at any time when even a few players come down with the virus.

Don't you know you can't say "owners". That is racist. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Doubt if "pro life" messages will be allowed.. But for sure "pro choice" will.

You can walk out during your national anthem.. ya... the one that gives you pride in the country that gives you freedom and opportunity... But you cannot put "Make America Great Again" or MAGA on a jersey.... Ya.. you cannot state that you want to make your country great again...

Are you kidding me.. The world needs to just stop for a sec.. I want to take a time out....
Take a deep breath Jack and remember who wins in the end. We are pilgrims slogging through the sewer of the wicked. :)
11And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

17Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in midheaven, “Come, assemble for the great supper of God, 18so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great.”

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why so? Why can't you just accept that there's many good people who just want to keep sports neutral from all these issues? Does EVERYTHING....EVERYTHING have to be a part of some social engineering agenda? Sports has always been a pleasant escape from the serious issues of the day and allows one some space to think about other things. Leagues however forsake the mandate of what REALLY they're meant to be about and might become bewildered that there's a price to pay for doing so. We'll see.
It's all about mind control from the left and them bringing their version of 1984 to America where you can only think and act as them deem "right". There is no freedom for free thinking.

They took control of the schools and colleges and now have a firm control on the media & big tech, and will use this to brain wash everyone and shame everyone else into silence and cooperation.

We can slow it down at the ballot box, but the end game is close to being realized. Only the Lord coming back and setting His Kingdom will stop the powers of darkness and intimidation. :preach:

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reportedly, it was 8 or 9 last year; and being unarmed doesn't mean cooperative.

Yeah, that is why the left media took off Live PD. It showed the truth of what cops have to put up with. And if you are 175lbs, 5'10" or less, and someone goes beserk on you and may be on mind altering drugs, and they are 6' 5" and 300lbs, what are you going to do?

Now they are wanting to take guns from cops, and pretty soon tasers- because a black man died, and just pray to God you don't make a mistake that the gun is just a bb or pellet gun they are aiming at you, or you just happen to be white and the citizen is black. You will be crucified. :doh:

The First 48 shows how bad murders are in the black community and they are majority black on black- I'm surprised they haven't canceled this one too. These are the facts, but the left media wants to suppress the truth and keep beating the drum, it goes like this:

All cops are bad, going to church is bad, shut it down, white cops are bad, wear a mask or you don't care, covid is going to kill everyone, Republicans only care about the rich, all Trump supporters are racist, Trump is a racist, BLM..............! :sick: :sigh: :prayer: Feel better now. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"Ooh boy, 6 black billionaires in the US" What about saying "Hallelujah"! 6 black billionaires in the US? You appear to be sympathetic to the black cause yet mock the number of, as you put it, the "handful of folks"?

I may have misunderstood your point in bringing up the billionaires. Usually when I see something like that, the argument is something along the lines of "Lebron is rich / Obama is president, therefore discrimination is gone." Apologies for jumping to the conclusion on that one.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Those who appreciate this probably aren't the NFL's target crowd. I think they believe that people will just accept it. They're wrong. Goodbye NFL

I don't doubt it. People tune in to sports to get away from the news, politics, their job, and pretty much everything else. The last thing they want is for the news and reminders of those causing riots to be making appearances.
But on a side note, the cable companies are starting to get in on the act by putting up "social justice" messages in the middle of TV shows and movies. No way to avoid it accept to unsubscribe.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't doubt it. People tune in to sports to get away from the news, politics, their job, and pretty much everything else. The last thing they want is for the news and reminders of those causing riots to be making appearances.
But on a side note, the cable companies are starting to get in on the act by putting up "social justice" messages in the middle of TV shows and movies. No way to avoid it accept to unsubscribe.

My TV broke and I didn't replace it. It's all agendas anyway. My kids watch videos on a laptop.
We do not need entertainment

Upvote 0