NFL to allow social justice messages in end zone, players to wear decals of police brutality victims

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't want the national anthem played before any public gatherings that aren't somehow nationalistic. There's just no connection between them. They played the national anthem at the start of my high school and university graduation, and I always thought it was ridiculous.
Okay, fair enough. How about commercials?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't want the national anthem played before any public gatherings that aren't somehow nationalistic. There's just no connection between them. They played the national anthem at the start of my high school and university graduation, and I always thought it was ridiculous.
That seems to me to be a reasonable POV. But since the intention of the militants is to show disrespect towards the country, the result would be that they would turn to a show of disrespect towards something else. It would be the flag (that's already happening), or any monument (also attacked already and not just Confederates but almost any American hero of the past), street signs, any government building, etc. etc.

The point is that restricting the playing of the anthem to more appropriate occasions wouldn't settle anything. Not now.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
From the article-
The league will also go ahead with playing 'Lift Every Voice and Sing'

The NFL reportedly unvealed on Monday its social justice plans for Week 1 of the upcoming season, which includes optional decals players can place on their helmet and messages that could be placed in each end zone.

Players who opt to wear the decal will be given a list of names or they can choose a “victim of systematic racism who is not on that list,” NFL executive Anna Isaacson told teams, according to the NFL Network.

“As we continue to amplify and elevate the NFL's ongoing and long-term commitment to social justice, we will be incorporating several prominent elements on the field, into all broadcasts and across league and club platforms to begin the NFL season and beyond,” the memo reportedly read. “In developing these concepts, we have worked directly with players and received input from the NFLPA.”

Continued below.
NFL to allow social justice messages in end zone, players to wear decals of police brutality victims: report
Mike Ditka said what everyone is thinking... Good for him.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
wow I cannot wait for the pro life messages.
Doubt if "pro life" messages will be allowed.. But for sure "pro choice" will.

You can walk out during your national anthem.. ya... the one that gives you pride in the country that gives you freedom and opportunity... But you cannot put "Make America Great Again" or MAGA on a jersey.... Ya.. you cannot state that you want to make your country great again...

Are you kidding me.. The world needs to just stop for a sec.. I want to take a time out....

Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Loversofjesus_2018

Nov 13, 2018
West coast
✟32,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those "messages" are about celebrating America rather than hating it.

Goodbye NFL, along with the NBA and any other sports organization who has decided to bow down to the will of terrorists.
So then you don’t have an issue with politics in sports?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So then you don’t have an issue with politics in sports?
I don't think that "celebrating your country" is politics... It's patriotism... Politics is about anything and everything that you can say, do, post, lie, cheat or steal... in order to win at the poles...
That's why the root word of Politics.. .is pole...

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
Pretty sure everybody knows that racism exists. :sigh:

So, we know how many black people, many unarmed, are killed by the police, but it bothers you to see one of many, many names on a helmet 'cause you just wanna watch the game?

How is a decal preventing that? You have a problem with players choosing to put the name of a black life taken by police officers?

Life's hard, huh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I can't believe if this was just another type of year without covid that they'd ever do something like this. THEY KNOW basically the whole season there won't be any fans in stands so it's certainly not going to look bad seeing who knows how many seats empty because of what they're going to do. There wouldn't have been people in the stands anyway.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
Can someone explain to me: why is it such a big deal?

If police were killing Christians, wouldn't you appreciate the solidarity? Love your neighbor as yourself.

But it's a lot of fuss over a sticker, and behind that the lives that are just gone, which is a bigger deal than football.

They aren't stopping the game, talking about it - just wearing a decal of one of the lives lost. Why is that such a problem?

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This board makes me lose hope for humanity.
Why so? Why can't you just accept that there's many good people who just want to keep sports neutral from all these issues? Does EVERYTHING....EVERYTHING have to be a part of some social engineering agenda? Sports has always been a pleasant escape from the serious issues of the day and allows one some space to think about other things. Leagues however forsake the mandate of what REALLY they're meant to be about and might become bewildered that there's a price to pay for doing so. We'll see.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

TexFire316

Come as a child, with no agenda
Jan 31, 2017
Conroe, Texas
Visit site
✟29,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let them do as they please. My friends and I have already decided to boycot all of NFL (including our wallets). Baseball, your chance is coming too.
I stand with my country before any sports entertainment. And, against any foes, foreign or domestic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You can walk out during your national anthem.. ya... the one that gives you pride in the country that gives you freedom and opportunity... But you cannot put "Make America Great Again" or MAGA on a jersey.... Ya.. you cannot state that you want to make your country great again...

Are you kidding me.. The world needs to just stop for a sec.. I want to take a time out....
I think we just got the two minute warning. If we do not turn this nation around now it is going to be too far gone to fix.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
Your hope should be in Christ. Aren't you Christian?
My hope is in Christ, but when I hear Christians, of all people, deny what is happening to black Americans, or judtify it, or call it whining or entitlement, or thinking God wants Glbtq killed or discriminated against...

there is no Christ in that Christianity, and honestly, is depressing. Is this what Jesus said we were to treat one another?

No wonder people keep leaving churches. So many have completely missed the point, so it may be good they are leaving, to understand out call to love, have compassion, support one another.

But some seeds fall on hard ground.

I mean, if one can't have any compassion when a 12 year old is killed and the officer walks, but claims the follow Jesus, then I only have hope in Jesus and thr HS to change that hard of a heart.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian

If the child is unborn, we care. But if they are already born and black, who cares.

That's why the abortion debate never goes anywhere - the care is only for the unborn. But if the mom needs assistance to feed the kid, the same people complain about their money being stolen, etc. i question if those who protest actually care about the wellfare of the child or mother, and argue it more as an issue to feel morally superior.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If the child is unborn, we care. But if they are already born and black, who cares.

That's why the abortion debate never goes anywhere - the care is only for the unborn. But if the mom needs assistance to feed the kid, the same people complain about their money being stolen, etc. i question if those who protest actually care about the wellfare of the child or mother, and argue it more as an issue to feel morally superior.
Sorry, but more colored kill colored people than the police.
Also, check the stats.. more whites are killed by police than colored.

The BLM started off bringing attention to the problems of racism... however, it is far far from that now.

In fact, there are now numbers out that state that colored people and Hispanics, are more racist than whites.

A new poll from Rasmussen Reports finds that Americans, by a majority, see Blacks as more racist than Whites.
Blacks more racist than Whites, say Americans to Rasmussen

• Agree
Reactions: Running2win
Upvote 0