• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured NFL to allow social justice messages in end zone, players to wear decals of police brutality victims

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by Michie, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+32,252
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    From the article-
    The league will also go ahead with playing 'Lift Every Voice and Sing'

The NFL reportedly unvealed on Monday its social justice plans for Week 1 of the upcoming season, which includes optional decals players can place on their helmet and messages that could be placed in each end zone.

Players who opt to wear the decal will be given a list of names or they can choose a “victim of systematic racism who is not on that list,” NFL executive Anna Isaacson told teams, according to the NFL Network.

“As we continue to amplify and elevate the NFL's ongoing and long-term commitment to social justice, we will be incorporating several prominent elements on the field, into all broadcasts and across league and club platforms to begin the NFL season and beyond,” the memo reportedly read. “In developing these concepts, we have worked directly with players and received input from the NFLPA.”

Continued below.
    NFL to allow social justice messages in end zone, players to wear decals of police brutality victims: report

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. RushMAN

RushMAN Member Supporter

+190
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Well the NFL is gone. When I watch Sports I do't watch it to get a political message I watch it for entertainment and escape. One thing this lockdown has shown me is we don't need sports there are other things and now better things

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+15,024
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Were you ever bothered by the political messages inherent in the displays of militarism that have been ubiquitous in American sports over the past couple decades, some of which were paid for by the military?

4. jacks

jacks Er Victus Supporter

+1,496
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Since they stopped showing the cheerleaders, it's all been downhill.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+6,836
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Those "messages" are about celebrating America rather than hating it.

Goodbye NFL, along with the NBA and any other sports organization who has decided to bow down to the will of terrorists.

6. iluvatar5150

+15,024
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    "America" is a lot more than militarism.

What kind of authoritarian white supremacist ideology equates remembering victims of police brutality with terrorism?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Mod Queue Spam Troll Banner Extraordinaire! Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+3,264
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    This is my problem with it and the other sports leagues pushing their support of BLM. Fans should be able to watch for the games, not having a particular agenda shoved down their throats.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+6,836
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Militarism is a lot more than killing. People who serve in the military believe in protecting what we once had in this country up until a few months ago.

I'm more curious about what ideology equates "Social Justice" (or ANY kind of justice) with committing crimes and other violence in the streets.

9. iluvatar5150

+15,024
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    What was that?

Of course you're more curious about that - because answering that question doesn't require you to answer anything. Either way, what does that have to do with what the NFL is doing?

10. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+6,836
    Non-Denom
    Single
    That was before your time.

Go back and do some reading and you'll understand.

11. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+25,599
    Anglican
    Married
    This is all so excessive and bizarrely overdone that I have to wonder if the owners didn't just decide, since the season is pfffft anyway, with fans not allowed into the stadiums in the normal way and viewers already outraged at the players' public statements and kneeling, that they might as well get it all out now.

And that assumes that there even will be a season. They surely know that it wouldn't take much for the whole season to be scrubbed at any time when even a few players come down with the virus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. ItIsFinished!

ItIsFinished! Jesus Christ is our only hope.

+1,105
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    NFL can take a hike.
    I could careless what they do.
    If they want to support domestic terrorist (BLM) than can have at it.
    Me and my family will not be subjected to it.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+1,741
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    wow I cannot wait for the pro life messages.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+6,836
    Non-Denom
    Single
    What kind of morbidity would have the names of dead people (most of which died while in the commission of a crime involving deadly force) being "remembered" during a time when violent people are knocking the stuffing out of each other on a field and then celebrating their achievements in the end zone where it could very well be a white person who scored the touchdown?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+6,836
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Or maybe decals with the names of police officers killed or wounded by rioters.

16. iluvatar5150

+15,024
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I never said I was a fan of these displays.

17. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+3,016
    Catholic
    Married
    There are some good ideas listed but it would be interesting to see just how all will use them.

18. Yarddog

+3,016
    Catholic
    Married
    Just what is about hating America in the new messages?

19. Yarddog

+3,016
    Catholic
    Married
    So you don't want the National Anthem played before games???

20. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Mod Queue Spam Troll Banner Extraordinaire! Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+3,264
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    I don't want the national anthem played before any public gatherings that aren't somehow nationalistic. There's just no connection between the two. They played the national anthem at the start of my high school and university graduations, and I always thought it was ridiculous.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020