Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,641.00
Faith
Atheist

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,509.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I have hot sauce made from this pepper. It's amazingly hot. You can find it here: The Last Dab: Xperience | Hot Ones Hot Sauce | HEATONIST

The burn doesn't last too long, so recovery is fast.
I've got a Ghost Pepper plant in my backyard. Quite a few chillies in the freezer. I'm looking to make a sauce from them soon. Blisteringly hot. But Pepper X is another level again. Kinds of scary. I watched the guy from Last Dab trying one. And his mate Chille Klaus ate a whole one. No way...

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,641.00
Faith
Atheist
I've got a Ghost Pepper plant in my backyard. Quite a few chillies in the freezer. I'm looking to make a sauce from them soon. Blisteringly hot. But Pepper X is another level again. Kinds of scary. I watched the guy from Last Dab trying one. And his mate Chille Klaus ate a whole one. No way...

Oh, I would never try to eat one of those straight! (I've seen that video!)

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Mr. Klaus perfectly summarized the pepper in the final line while vainly trying to mitigate its effects:

Did you invent that pepper?

Yes.

Why?

• Haha
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,509.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I like hot food sometimes, but ghost peppers seem a little over the top.
I was in an Indian restaurant in Sydney many years back and and was ordering the food from the Indian waiter. And he said 'Are you Welsh?' Which surprised me as it had been umpteen years since I'd left home. I thought the accent had all but disappeared. And it turned out that he was from the same town and used to work in one of the Indian restaurants I often ate at. So we chatted a while about the 'old days' and our new life in Oz. Then he said 'You ordered a vindaloo?' Yeah, says I. And friend, make it like we used to have back in the Taj Mahal. He gave a big wink and said 'I know exactly how you want it...'

Long story short...it was weapons grade. Criminally, insanely hot. He kept giving me a smile and a thumbs up all through the meal. Only pride got me through about half of it. And I doggy bagged the rest.

Post script: My son had been out with a few mates that night. Got home after me. Checked out the fridge and thought 'Mm, curry. Yum'. And warmed some up in the microwave. It was still on the table when I got up. But no milk in the fridge. Hey...don't mess with the old man's curry, junior.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I was in an Indian restaurant in Sydney many years back and and was ordering the food from the Indian waiter. And he said 'Are you Welsh?' Which surprised me as it had been umpteen years since I'd left home. I thought the accent had all but disappeared. And it turned out that he was from the same town and used to work in one of the Indian restaurants I often ate at. So we chatted a while about the 'old days' and our new life in Oz. Then he said 'You ordered a vindaloo?' Yeah, says I. And friend, make it like we used to have back in the Taj Mahal. He gave a big wink and said 'I know exactly how you want it...'

Long story short...it was weapons grade. Criminally, insanely hot. He kept giving me a smile and a thumbs up all through the meal. Only pride got me through about half of it. And I doggy bagged the rest.

Post script: My son had been out with a few mates that night. Got home after me. Checked out the fridge and thought 'Mm, curry. Yum'. And warmed some up in the microwave. It was still on the table when I got up. But no milk in the fridge. Hey...don't mess with the old man's curry, junior.

I sometimes eat Caribbean Scotch Bonnet hot sauce on my beans and rice but it's wicked in anything but tiny proportions. I can't imagine how hot a ghost pepper must be.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,509.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I sometimes eat Caribbean Scotch Bonnet hot sauce on my beans and rice but it's wicked in anything but tiny proportions. I can't imagine how hot a ghost pepper must be.
Me making the GP sauce:
download.jpeg

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I dont understand why people like ultra hot foods. I mean, some level of heat can be nice. I'm near a lot of New Mexican cuisine with ample red and green chile. Its great. But suffering and "dare" levels? I dont get it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟382,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Habanero is the perfect enjoyable heat for me. I have extreme hot sauces on hand, and have had a bag of the hottest ghost pepper peanuts before, but there is a point where it just becomes pain. lol A friend of mine brought over some datil peppers for me to try one time from St. Augustine, Florida. They're similar to habanero in heat and neat little yellow-orange peppers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I grew Carolina Reapers a few years ago. I has three plants and a bumper crop on all three. I gave them away..
I did throw some in the smoker and made a sauce. It's really good but is of course off the charts hot.
carolinareaper1.jpgcarolinareaper2.jpgcarolinareapersauce.jpg

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,641.00
Faith
Atheist