Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Nope. There was an investigation and the evidence was presented to the Senate. Now senators like Mitt Romney are convinced that further investigation is needed and will likely create a special counsel after Republicans retake the house and senate in November.

Your side has (supposedly) been in possession of the contents of this laptop for a year and a half. The sources for the original NY Post article were, AFAIK, Rudy Giuliani and other Trump allies. Tucker Carlson may or may not have been in possession of it at one point. If this information is supposedly so damning, and the authorities and the mainstream media are, as Republicans have been claiming, burying the story, why not just release all of the contents online? Let everybody see what's really there. Instead, all we have are some out-of-context snippets reported by a tabloid, sourced from professional propagandists.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The premise of “2,000 Mules” is that many of the ballots cast in the contest should not have been counted because they were allegedly submitted illegally.

“We tracked 2,000 mules making multiple ballot drops, leaving no fingerprints, snapping photos to get paid, a coordinated ring of illegal vote harvesting in all the key states where the election was decided,” D’Souza says in the film.

LOLs, “legal” votes “delivered illegally”.

I can't help think of the plumber that was illegally stopped in Houston because he was believed to be a "mule" and have thousands of ballots in his truck. Why do I get the feeling that D'Souza's claims and photographs are a similar story?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't help think of the plumber that was illegally stopped in Houston because he was believed to be a "mule" and have thousands of ballots in his truck. Why do I get the feeling that D'Souza's claims and photographs are a similar story?
What gets lost in the “ELECTION FRAUD!!1!” [stuff] is the absolute dedication to the twin notions that the Democratic Party was clever and unified enough to have hatched and carried out these schemes and that the GOP was so mind-numbingly incompetent to have allowed “the fraud” to happen and were caught flat-footed.

But then we seem to be in an era of comic-book politics, so there’s that.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Nope. There was an investigation and the evidence was presented to the Senate. Now senators like Mitt Romney are convinced that further investigation is needed and will likely create a special counsel after Republicans retake the house and senate in November.
I do not believe that appointing a “special counsel” is within the purview of the Legislative Branch, (though they might create a sub-committee)?

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
leaving no fingerprints, snapping photos .

So they left no fingerprints except for photographic evidence they took themselves.

Well, it makes as much sense as the rest of the fantasy, I guess.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now senators like Mitt Romney are convinced that further investigation is needed and will likely create a special counsel after Republicans retake the house and senate in November.
Everything I can find says that Mitt Romney does not agree with an investigation of Hunter Biden.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1bf570-f846-11ea-85f7-5941188a98cd_story.html

The GOP did investigate and found nothing.

WASHINGTON — An election-year investigation by Senate Republicans into corruption allegations against Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son, Hunter, involving Ukraine found no evidence of improper influence or wrongdoing by the former vice president, closing out an inquiry its leaders had hoped would tarnish the Democratic presidential nominee.

The investigation found that Hunter Biden had “cashed in” on his father’s name to close lucrative business deals around the world. It also concluded that his work for Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian energy company then mired in a corruption scandal, while the former vice president was directing American policy toward Kyiv had given the appearance of a conflict of interest and alarmed some State Department officials.

But an 87-page report summing up the findings, released jointly on Wednesday by the Senate Homeland Security and Finance Committees, contained no evidence that the elder Mr. Biden improperly manipulated American policy toward Ukraine or committed any other misdeed. In fact, investigators heard witness testimony that rebutted those charges.

Republican Inquiry Finds No Evidence of Wrongdoing by Biden (Published 2020)

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ignoring, of course, that the Trump DoJ was in possession of the laptop for well over a year.

I challenge anyone on this thread to provide concrete evidence that this alleged laptop even exists. Can you provide a photo? The serial number?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And what has come of this laptop? A whole lot of nothing.

Classified State Department email declared Hunter Biden
'undercut' U.S. efforts in Ukraine
https://justthenews.com/accountabil...-state-department-email-declared-hunter-biden

Withheld from public for five years, memo conflicts with Democrats' official narrative that president's son had no impact on U.S. anti-corruption efforts in Ukraine.

In an email kept from public view for more than five years, a top U.S. State Department official in Kiev wrote to Washington superiors at the end of the Obama-Biden administration that Hunter Biden’s business dealings in Ukraine “undercut” U.S. efforts to fight corruption in the former Soviet republic.

The email, obtained by Just the News, was written on Nov. 22, 2016 by former U.S. embassy official George Kent, one of the Democrats’ star witnesses in their first effort to impeach former President Donald Trump.

It was classified “confidential,” the lowest level of secrecy, by then-U.S. Ambassador to Kiev Marie Yovanovitch, another of the Democrats’ impeachment witnesses, and was not produced as evidence to House lawmakers during impeachment. Contrary to federal law, the State Department failed to acknowledge the existence of the document to the court or to Just the News in its multiple Freedom of Information Act lawsuits against the State Department seeking records on Hunter and Joe Biden’s dealings in Ukraine.

Most importantly, the email’s stark message directly conflicts with the narrative the mainstream media, State Department witnesses and Democratic congressmen gave the public two years ago, when they insisted Hunter Biden’s lucrative job with the allegedly corrupt Ukrainian gas company Burisma Holdings — while creating the appearance of a conflict of interest — had no impact on U.S. efforts to fight corruption in that country.

“The real issue to my mind was that someone in Washington needed to engage VP Biden quietly and say that his son Hunter’s presence on the Burisma board undercut the anti-corruption message the VP and we were advancing in Ukraine,” Kent wrote multiple high-ranking officials in the State Department in Washington."

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I challenge anyone on this thread to provide concrete evidence that this alleged laptop even exists. Can you provide a photo? The serial number?
Hunter Biden admits laptop 'certainly’ ‘could be’ his

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like the Hunter Biden laptop all over again. Take the time to examine the facts for yourself.

Is this how I'll also learn that 9/11 was an inside job, that the moon landing was a hoax, the earth is flat, and that lizard people control the world?

Because "examine the facts for yourself" is what every conspiracy theorist says--because they don't know what the facts are, they can't provide any facts themselves, and anyone who DOES study the facts disagrees with the conspiracy theorist. And you know what the conspiracy theorist says to the person who DOES study the facts?

1) The conspiracy theorist accuses the person of being an active part of the conspiracy, "You are one of the lizard people!"

2) The conspiracy theorist accuses the person of being a blind "sheeple", because in the paranoid world of the conspiracy theorist the conspiracy theorist is actually the critical thinker and others, who are actually using their critical thinking and thinking for themselves, are accused of being sheep and conforming to group-think. The irony in this one is quite palpable.

But go off king, educate us lizard people and sheeple.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is this how I'll also learn that 9/11 was an inside job, that the moon landing was a hoax, the earth is flat, and that lizard people control the world?

Because "examine the facts for yourself" is what every conspiracy theorist says--because they don't know what the facts are, they can't provide any facts themselves, and anyone who DOES study the facts disagrees with the conspiracy theorist. And you know what the conspiracy theorist says to the person who DOES study the facts?

1) The conspiracy theorist accuses the person of being an active part of the conspiracy, "You are one of the lizard people!"

2) The conspiracy theorist accuses the person of being a blind "sheeple", because in the paranoid world of the conspiracy theorist the conspiracy theorist is actually the critical thinker and others, who are actually using their critical thinking and thinking for themselves, are accused of being sheep and conforming to group-think. The irony in this one is quite palpable.

-CryptoLutheran
I didn't hear "examine the facts for yourself" with the Russia Russia Russia hoax. That was perhaps the largest conspiracy theory amongst the American people in modern times. It was portrayed as a done deal, that Trump had colluded with the Russians, that the sources had all been checked out by the major media, etc. They had not. And then we finally find out that not only wasn't it Trump, but that the Hillary Clinton campaign orchestrated the hoax. All we have here is a trailer for a documentary film which will be released in the spring. Don't pretend you know the truth, wait for the documentary, examine the evidence and see if it legitimate. I like to examine documentation for myself. If it's a bunch of actors raise hell about it, as should be done with all of the never-Trumpers who spread the Russian collusion hoax.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

-CryptoLutheran
People get scared that they might not understand “what’s going on” and latch onto a handy-dandy “explanation” that they can understand and invest their intellects into it.

Once this has happened they’ll defend it ever moreso: it’s a cover for their insecurities.

It can be very difficult to get themselves out of this set of “thinking-behaviors”, but they are the only ones that will convince themselves to do so.

Trying to “reason” them out of it is a futile endeavor.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From your link:
RepTenney said:
...Grassley co-authored a Senate report on Hunter Biden and his connections to the Chinese energy firm Burisma while his father served as vice president under President Barack Obama, and how that relationship might have impacted U.S. government policy....
^_^ Burisma is an American firm with ties to Ukraine, not China. ^_^ That is not a trivial mistake. ^_^

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A mule is a slang term for someone who carries and transports a bunch of stuff. The most common use is "drug mule" for someone who carries a bunch of narcotics from one place to another to drop them off. Ballot box stuffing is putting in a bunch of counterfeit ballots into a ballot box. So if 2000 mules stuffed ballot boxes with 50 fake ballots each, that would come out to 100,000 fake votes for Joe Biden.
I guess my point was, those are inflammatory terms used to create the impression that what we are seeing is illegal, when in fact there is no reason to think it is.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What gets lost in the “ELECTION FRAUD!!1!” [stuff] is the absolute dedication to the twin notions that the Democratic Party was clever and unified enough to have hatched and carried out these schemes and that the GOP was so mind-numbingly incompetent to have allowed “the fraud” to happen and were caught flat-footed.

But then we seem to be in an era of comic-book politics, so there’s that.

Looking at Donald's legal team, the "incompetent" part is a lot more plausible. But that requires a stunning level of incompetence on the Democratic side in order to get caught...

But hey, Inspector Clouseau always won in the end...

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
From your link:

^_^ Burisma is an American firm with ties to Ukraine, not China. ^_^ That is not a trivial mistake. ^_^
Hunter has plenty of ties to China. See this New York Times article, and to be fair to Joe, I put in the part about where Joe denies knowledge of the deal:

How Hunter Biden’s Firm Helped Secure Cobalt for the Chinese

But BHR’s role in the Chinese mine purchase was not a major focus. It has taken on new relevance because the Biden administration warned this year that China might use its growing dominance of cobalt to disrupt America’s retooling of its auto industry to make electric vehicles. The metal is among several key ingredients in electric car batteries.

When asked if the president had been made aware of his son’s connection to the sale, a White House spokesman said, “No.”

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.