Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Misquote since Adam was "formed" on the 3rd Day Gen 2:4-7 before the plants, herbs and Trees which GREW on the 3rd Day Gen 1:12 by Lord God/Jesus. Adam was "created" by God the Trinity on the 6th Day. Gen 1:27 and Gen 5:1-2
I'm going to hate myself for asking this but; what's the difference?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Out of curiosity, is there any specifc biblical basis for thinking it means genus?
The definition of "kind" is found in Genesis 1.

Genesis 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

And although that can apply to "species" as well, the etymology of the word "genus" is interesting:

genus, n.

(Latin plural genera), 1550s as a term of logic, "kind or class of things" (biological sense dates from c. 1600), from Latin genus (genitive generis) "race, stock, kind; family, birth, descent, origin," from suffixed form of PIE root *gene- "give birth, beget," with derivatives referring to procreation and familial and tribal groups.

SOURCE

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The definition of "kind" is found in Genesis 1.

Genesis 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

And although that can apply to "species" as well, the etymology of the word "genus" is interesting:

genus, n.

(Latin plural genera), 1550s as a term of logic, "kind or class of things" (biological sense dates from c. 1600), from Latin genus (genitive generis) "race, stock, kind; family, birth, descent, origin," from suffixed form of PIE root *gene- "give birth, beget," with derivatives referring to procreation and familial and tribal groups.

SOURCE

Ah OK, thanks for the answer.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aron Ra, a former member here, has quite a few YouTube videos on creationism. Now he is going after the Flood story.

Due to the expense of producing video,
bias is virtually assured toward a profit
motive. Though I am not accusing his
of overshooting his budget.

Likely he charges for public speaking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Due to the expense of producing video,
bias is virtually assured toward a profit
motive. Though I am not accusing his
of overshooting his budget.

Likely he charges for public speaking.

We all have to earn a living. But then you can't answer the science presented in his videos so you have to attempt a personal attack.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We all have to earn a living. But then you can't answer the science presented in his videos so you have to attempt a personal attack.

I don't watch video except for entertainment purposes.
Is this one entertaining?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Aman777 said:
Adam, like all Christians will be in Heaven, knew only good/perfect until he sinned. Then he became like God knowing both good and evil.

This is blatantly incorrect according to the Bible. It isn't the tree of knowledge of evil, it is the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

That is what I just posted. Adam lived in a perfect body, like that of the Lord in the O.T. Humanity will regain our perfect bodies, which will know ONLY good/perfect, when Jesus returns. The Tree of Knowledge of good and evil taught Adam of evil. After living for Billions of years with Jesus, Adam (mankind) came to know death, sickness and evil. That's WHY the Lord said:

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man (Hebrew-Adam) is become as one of US, (The Trinity) to know good and evil:

The ONLY way to obtain Adam's superior intelligence, which is like God's, is to inherit it from one of Adam's descendants. Falsely assuming that mindless nature gave Humans our superior intelligence over long, gradual periods of time and zillions of mutations, is the foolishness of the ToE.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't watch video except for entertainment purposes.
Is this one entertaining?

It depends. I find education entertaining. Kill two birds with one stone, learn something and enjoy the process at the same time. It appears that you do not like to learn. It may not be entertaining for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
I'm going to hate myself for asking this but; what's the difference?

Adam was in a body of flesh until he and Eve were born again Spiritually in Christ. This happened AFTER Cain killed Abel.

1Co 15:46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Jesus made Adam Gen 2:7 and like ALL mankind of flesh, he MUST be born again Spiritually in order to inherit Heaven. Adam was "formed" by Jesus on the 3rd Day but was "created" Eternally, by the Trinity after Cain killed Abel. Gen 5:1-2 Adam lived for 930 years AFTER he and Eve were born again Spiritually, by God The Trinity. Gen 5:5

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It depends. I find education entertaining. Kill two birds with one stone, learn something and enjoy the process at the same time.
* cough * cough *

Sorry.

Got something stuck in my throat.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AV, since you have shown that you actively refuse to learn you are the last that should attempt to make a joke.
Which is worse honest?

1. Say science can take a hike and show an active refusal to learn?

2. Say you enjoy learning, but don't know the difference between magic and miracles; ex nihilo and ex materia; and so on?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Which is worse honest?

1. Say science can take a hike and show an active refusal to learn?

2. Say you enjoy learning, but don't know the difference between magic and miracles; ex nihilo and ex materia; and so on?

Since number 2 is a poorly formed question that can't be answered as asked number one is far worse. It is too bad that you don't know that miracles and magic are one and the same. That is your downfall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since number 2 is a poorly formed question that can't be answered as asked number one is far worse. It is too bad that you don't know that miracles and magic are one and the same. That is your downfall.
Thanks for justifying my coughing.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Aman777 said:
Adam, like all Christians will be in Heaven, knew only good/perfect until he sinned. Then he became like God knowing both good and evil.

That is what I just posted.
No, it isn't. As the part in bold above shows, you claimed that Adam already had knowledge of good.

Adam lived in a perfect body,
There is no scriptural evidence of this.

like that of the Lord in the O.T. Humanity will regain our perfect bodies, which will know ONLY good/perfect, when Jesus returns. The Tree of Knowledge of good and evil taught Adam of evil.
What proof, outside of yourself and your ideas do you have for this?

After living for Billions of years with Jesus, Adam (mankind) came to know death, sickness and evil. That's WHY the Lord said:

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man (Hebrew-Adam) is become as one of US, (The Trinity) to know good and evil:

The ONLY way to obtain Adam's superior intelligence, which is like God's, is to inherit it from one of Adam's descendants.
I've repeatedly asked for some kind of evidence to support this claim and have yet to receive it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Adam was in a body of flesh until he and Eve were born again Spiritually in Christ. This happened AFTER Cain killed Abel.

1Co 15:46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Jesus made Adam Gen 2:7 and like ALL mankind of flesh, he MUST be born again Spiritually in order to inherit Heaven. Adam was "formed" by Jesus on the 3rd Day but was "created" Eternally, by the Trinity after Cain killed Abel. Gen 5:1-2 Adam lived for 930 years AFTER he and Eve were born again Spiritually, by God The Trinity. Gen 5:5
Let's try again; what is the difference between "formed" and "created"?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Let's try again; what is the difference between "formed" and "created"?

Lord God/Jesus forms temporary creatures His own Hands, like Humans were made. Gen 2:7 In order to be "created" ETERNALLY, one must be born again Spiritually by the agreement of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit or God/Elohim/The Trinity. Gen 1:26 Gen 5:1-2 and John 14:16 Otherwise, there will be Hell to pay. Amen?

Upvote 0